H311RA151N : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's coolant in cylinder one.

I tried I different set of fuel injectors along with all new o-rings and one of the fuel injectors I put in ended up being bad. When I started the car it ran with a dead miss. Pulled the plug on cylinder one after identifying that it was the cylinder not hitting a pulled out a plug soaked in coolant. I removed all the spark plugs along with the coil wire and injector clips then cranked the engine over with the starter a bit. What came out of cylinder one is partially on the paper towel. The rest went on the windshield and bottom side of the hood.

The head gasket has been blown since I bought the car. That's why it missed at start up. What's bad is now it smokes all the time and misses at low RPM's due to the coolant consumption in cylinder one. I think when that bad injector was installed it somehow caused more damage to cylinder one.

I also think it has water in the oil now as well but I cannot confirm that for sure yet. I'm currently weighing my options. If I was able to change the head gasket that would obviously be what I would do. But I don't have the funds and I'm limited on time as well. Whatever I do is going to have to be temporary.

I have no problem shoving a different power plant in it in November or December. I need this thing to run just another 1500 miles or so. It doesn't overheat or anything. Honestly I'm thinking head gasket in a bottle. As much as I'm totally against it I literally have no good long term option.

Comment

I bought this after watching the video and reading through at least a hundred comments. Sounds like it has the best chance of working. I drove the car about 30 miles last night and it started to dead miss on cylinder one if left at idle for a few seconds.

I'm going to open the drain on the radiator, pull the radiator cap off and shove a garden hose in the neck of it. Then fire the car up and run it at about 1500rpms until I see straight water run out the drain. Then add this stuff as the video instructs.

1. Drain out all coolant from radiator as you possibly can.

2. Get a bucket and mix up the block sealer with tap water

3. Pour contents of the bucket into the radiator, top off with tap water

4. Then put 500 miles on the car as soon as you can

5. After 500 miles drain out the mix and reinstall coolant and water as needed.
      I just need this fucking piece of shit to make it another 1500 miles. Then it can go fuck it's self.

Comment

The head gasket leak fix is working. It is temporary of course but it is working very well much to my surprise. Until I looked at head gasket in a bottle as an option I was completely close minded to it. So far it's doing what it's supposed to do and that's plug the hole in the head gasket on cylinder 1.

Every start is perfect. It has the traditional Honda sound at start up which it never had before. Even in the beginning when it would start up without issue it would sort of chug to life. The recent findings make it evident that the head gasket was the issue with this car. Bad news but at least it's still operable. It could be worse.

Comment

where is the hood bra that I custom made for you
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
            where is the hood bra that I custom made for you
            8/22/15

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
            where is the custom bra that I had embroidered it for you?
            Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            Still in the box. Why, you need it? I purchased another off eBay about 4 months ago that was almost completely identical to the one you sold me. But yours is embroidered better. Same brand of bra though.

Leaving this car looking as stock as I can. Since it's a daily commuter and is sometimes parked in urban areas I don't want to draw any more attention than I have too. One day I'll own a coupe and the bra will go on it. I have several things of the like saved until I one day own a coupe.

It's custom made? I thought it was embroidered.

I had something typed here but on second thought I better delete it since the discussion of sales is prohibited outside of the classifieds section.
            Last edited by H311RA151N; 09-19-2015, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I think that head gasket fix is the same stuff I've had good luck with. People come in with no money and a prayer and that stuff has worked for most of them. Glad it's working for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                I think that head gasket fix is the same stuff I've had good luck with. People come in with no money and a prayer and that stuff has worked for most of them. Glad it's working for you.
                I've heard that from several people who work at shops. It's gotten me by thus far.

Actually, I think it may have started to leak again. But if so I now have the funds to do a proper job. So I may be doing that this week. But I don't know for sure yet.

Comment

I installed new plugs yesterday. I went with NGK ZFR6FGP gapped at .044.

Old plugs. Cylinder number one on the far right.

And I also set the valve lash.

Comment

628 Miles later, head gasket in a bottle still holding. It's got 50/50 antifreeze in it now. Just changed it out. Went over the 500 mile mark but couldn't help it. Now for it to make it a little further for me and then to yank the F22A out and place something else in it. Hopefully before the end of the year.

Needless to say, so far, I got fuckin' lucky. I'm like the definition of lucky right now. Under certain and very precise circumstances, head gasket in a bottle will work. Or can work rather. It just so happens that I happen to be in such a predicament.

Comment

It's good to check in here and see that funds are turning around for you. You sure you don't just want to do a head gasket job for now and save up more funds?
                      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Made it to Iowa. My trip to work is 3 miles one way from home and I'm going to drive the F250 instead of this. So the head gasket in a bottle done it's job.

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                        It's good to check in here and see that funds are turning around for you. You sure you don't just want to do a head gasket job for now and save up more funds?
                        The engine having 228,000 on it I really don't want to put any serious money in. I'm feeling a swap or a sleeper turbo'd F. One or the other. I love this car though. It's done the remarkable for me and I owe it one.

Yeah, things were rough for a while. Real rough. Glad things are looking up.

Comment

Head gasket in a bottle still holding.

A/C is also still working.

And this car will be receiving a 300whp turbocharged F22A in the spring. I've decided I want to keep it pretty much stock looking as I really just want something fast, I don't care what it is. So I don't care how it looks all that much. I'm looking at maybe a set of 16" flat black Enkei RPF1's with 215/50's Tein H tech springs, and then having the body completely done back to perfectness. Same color, Seattle Silver Metallic. And some 30% tint all the way around would be nice.

Comment

Fuck yeah. Do it.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                              Fuck yeah. Do it.
                              I've always wanted to. And I'm sure I have the mechanical ability as I've almost completely built two F22A's in the past couple years. Both for a friend. So I should be able to get it done pretty easily.

Comment

Well, it's finally giving out. But honestly it's alright with me. It done me well and made it from Springfield MO to Iowa City IA without requiring any coolant and on one tank of fuel. And then gotten me around town/to work every day for the past three weeks. So needless to say it went further with a head gasket in really poor shape than I expected it to.

I tried adding the $34 bottle of K&W Fiber Lock head gasket repair the other day and it's just fucked. It started to overheat, made it all the way to the H several times and I had to stop, drain the radiator in a Walmart parking lot then add two jugs of distilled water. When it decides to get hot the temperature sky rockets and the gauge climbs to the H or near it within seconds. But after a little throttle it cools right back down to normal most of the time.

I've since quit driving it. I'm going to shove another engine in it and I've tossed around several ideas. Turbo F which I'm leaning against now, F20B dohc vtec/t2w4, and now I'm thinking JDM F22B DOHC engine/trans/ecu because of cost/time. I'm driving my F250 everyday now which I drive such short distances (6 miles a day) so I'm not really concerned about the increase in operating costs.

Iowa fuckin' sucks. The people here are idiots. Not dirt poor like where I'm from which is why I'm here but I'm not planning on staying here long. A year is about all I can hack of ol blue state Iowa. I'm planning on going further south than I was before. Hence my reasoning as to why I want to shove a cheaper engine in this Accord. So I can leave here faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X