Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 Acura CL Bucket Seats:

I don't understand people. The body on this car was straight, paint in decent shape, wheels and tires in good condition. Engine compartment in good condition. Interior in very good condition except a small hole cut in driver armrest. If anyone is interested in the wheels or front rotor over hub setup, let me know. Should I have grabbed the rear seat as well? If anyone has tan cloth or SE leather coupe seats, I'll trade.

The battery had been removed by cutting the cables. Based on the stickers, it may have been abandoned too long in a parking garage.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 10:26 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Using a big C clamp to compress valves was a bit iffy (shot a couple retainers across the garage); excuse to buy a couple tools. Crank socket pushed the total over the free shipping limit.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 10:26 PM.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Let me know how this works out. I couldn't ever get enough leverage on mine to actually compress it smoothly. I ended up removing all of the retainer locks with a socket and a hammer and reinstalling them with the Lisle keeper tool. I STRONGLY recommend that tool.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If it's for your H22, check out this:

http://www.euroexportinc.com/honda-a...mpressor-tool/

I love this tool!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            Let me know how this works out. I couldn't ever get enough leverage on mine to actually compress it smoothly. I ended up removing all of the retainer locks with a socket and a hammer and reinstalling them with the Lisle keeper tool. I STRONGLY recommend that tool.
            It seemed to work pretty well. It was a little sticky where the threaded stud slides through the frame, but with it adjusted correctly I didn't have much trouble installing the valves. It did help to have the head elevated (I had it spanning a couple boxes about 12 inches high) to create clearance for the tool.

Comment

got for my valve cover seal replacement and valve adjustment
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th Anniversary Edition

Comment

First time in my life I've had a spare set of wheels, so it's the first time in my life I've had dedicated snow tires. My Hondas have always done really well in the snow with simple all-seasons, but it's about time I stop spinning so much on take-off. These should last me several years, since they're only going on if there's snow on the ground. Got the chunkiest I could find. I'll probably get studs at some point this winter, but I've spent enough today.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

FYI I've had many sets of snow tires, usually I install them at the first sign of snow and don't remove them until springtime. I get 3-5 seasons out of a set depending on quality. I've never opted for studs, never felt I needed them, eventho I lived on a dirt road for many years.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

The guy at Firestone told me to rotate them after 3000 miles. I just thought to myself, there's no way I'm putting anywhere near that on them this winter, before I forget whatever mileage I've racked up. I have a garage, so if I wake up and there's snow I can plan a few minutes ahead and slap them on before going out, then take them off as soon as the roads are dry. I assume these kinds of tires are crap in the dry anyway. If they weren't on spare wheels, I'd have gotten all-seasons.

The reason I'm wanting studs is that a couple winters back I hit ice on a highway off-ramp and came very close to sliding into the ditch. So if they'll help even a little, it's worth the cost.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

"snow" tires are fine in the dry, I don't know how much or how often you get snow in Denver, but here once snow starts you can expect ice and wet conditions almost any day. No point in dicking around changing tires out every other day. Actually saw this article the other day that pretty much affirms my reasoning behind running dedicated tires every winter.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-track-tested/

Honestly at one point in my life I had always had winter tires and never experienced all seasons in snow on a Honda. When I met my current GF she didn't have much money so we opted for all seasons on her CB figuring "oh all seasons means all 4 seasons". That was incorrect. We got caught in a bad storm together in her car and I took the wheel, figuring she had no idea what she was doing by the way she was driving. That assumption was dead wrong. I was like "these are all seasons, it should be fine." NOPE. The car could just barely get traction and it took us about an hour to go 5 miles to home. I promptly got her some winter tires. That was just heavy snow. I assume hitting some ice on all seasons would be terrifying.
                        Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 11-29-2016, 01:20 PM.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                          "snow" tires are fine in the dry, I don't know how much or how often you get snow in Denver, but here once snow starts you can expect ice and wet conditions almost any day. No point in dicking around changing tires out every other day. Actually saw this article the other day that pretty much affirms my reasoning behind running dedicated tires every winter.

Honestly at one point in my life I had always had winter tires and never experienced all seasons in snow on a Honda. When I met my current GF she didn't have much money so we opted for all seasons on her CB figuring "oh all seasons means all 4 seasons". That was incorrect. We got caught in a bad storm together in her car and I took the wheel, figuring she had no idea what she was doing by the way she was driving. That assumption was dead wrong. I was like "these are all seasons, it should be fine." NOPE. The car could just barely get traction and it took us about an hour to go 5 miles to home. I promptly got her some winter tires. That was just heavy snow. I assume hitting some ice on all seasons would be terrifying.
                          All Seasons only means dry normal days or light rain. Anything above a light rain and they are useless.

In my experience, having a cheap set of spare wheels with snow tires on them is the easiest solution. This way, you can just swap the whole wheel and tire, instead of dismounting the tire and remounting a snow tire.

Also, chains.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post

In the old days didn't people use to use snow tires are pseudo-drag radials since the soft compound worked amazing in high heat?

I've been running dedicated snows on my Tacoma and the difference between those and my All-Terrains was night and day.

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                            In my experience, having a cheap set of spare wheels with snow tires on them is the easiest solution. This way, you can just swap the whole wheel and tire, instead of dismounting the tire and remounting a snow tire.

Also, chains.
                            This. Having a set of dedicated snows saves your nice wheels from road salt as well. Road salt seems to do a number on wheels that have a clear coated finish.

Comment

I've never had problems with all-seasons in any amount of snow, it's just that getting rolling again from a light can take too much time. There was one year I slid through an intersection, but that was my fault for thinking I could go the speed limit on deep snow that had gotten slick on top; I've been more careful and it hasn't happened since. Then of course there was that mentioned ice patch, but it was too thin to see anyway.

Colorado's weather is weird, though. When I was in South Dakota, it was probably like your area, AccordWarrior, where once the first snow came you may as well leave the snow tires on. The snow hit, and it just stuck around. In Colorado, we either get hit hard and have snow on the ground for a week; or it snows just enough to be annoying, melts away within a day and doesn't come back for a month. So changing out wheels isn't impractical. So far this season, it snowed once in my area about a week ago, the ground was slick for an evening, and since then it's just been dry and cold. It takes a real blizzard for stuff on the grass to last a week. Weather.com says there's a small chance of less than an inch of snow a week from now, but otherwise the next couple weeks are looking dry. I don't like driving in the snow, but at the same time it's sad because I want to try out these tires on some seriously dangerous roads, haha. I might have to go up into the mountains. The child in me does miss the full, proper winters of SD. Dormant trees, on their own, don't do much for the holiday spirit.

Oh, and they don't salt our roads here. Magnesium chloride. Mountain roads get sand. Rust isn't a huge problem here.
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-29-2016, 07:08 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                                I've never had problems with all-seasons in any amount of snow, it's just that getting rolling again from a light can take too much time.
                                You are most likely a better driver than a majority of people on the road. It's not as easy for people who can barely drive when the weather is great (most other people).

Comment

Working...
                                X