Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help, Idle,Driving Subaru sounding (slightly) problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, Idle,Driving Subaru sounding (slightly) problem

Alright, well let me just jump into explanation. My car just began to drive like it was missing terribly and would sound like a subaru sound. It smells likes its running alittle rich. Also it does have a slight idle surge sometime when in gear and stopped but not badly. This all just began. But my problem comes in because i cannot diagnose this problem for the life of me. Heres why:
    All things just replaced:
    spark plugs
    wires
    oil
    oil filter
    antifreeze

i thought it was maybe i got bad gas. so i bought a bottle of octane booster and fuel injection cleaner thinkin that could be the problem too. well the problem still persist even after driving for 30 minutes or so after i dumped both in my gas tank. (they were both STP and stated could be used at same time).

So now i come to you my CB7 family.
    PLEASE help me

much appreciated,
    Bucky
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

could be a dead cylinder check for compression
    -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

try replacing your dizzy cap and rotor that could cause a miss. uhh for the idle problem clean your FITV (fast idle thermo valve) and also clean your IAC (idle air control) try those then come back if problem is still present.

Comment

Originally posted by magicdragon View Post
        could be a dead cylinder check for compression
        cant be that because after driving for so long it returns to running normal
        You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
        Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

also i failed to mention. It does have a coolant leak somwhere and no matter what i do i cant seem to pin point where at. its not a huge leak i only have to put a little coolant in every 1 1/2 weeks and than i dont even have to completely fill it only about 1/4 and its full again. so like i said pretty slow leak

Comment

When my car sounded like a suby and ran like ish, I gave her a set of cleaned and balanced injectors, now she runs like the cb7 she is

Not that you should go out and buy new injectors but if nothin else works its worth lookin at.

You might want to do a compression test anyway if your losing coolant and not seeing a puddle under your car, 2 birds 1 stone

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
            sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
            bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

it could be the radiator hose?

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                also i failed to mention. It does have a coolant leak somwhere and no matter what i do i cant seem to pin point where at. its not a huge leak i only have to put a little coolant in every 1 1/2 weeks and than i dont even have to completely fill it only about 1/4 and its full again. so like i said pretty slow leak
                If checking all the coolant lines/hoses check out, I'd suggest checking the compression of each cylinder just to be sure.

Comment

problem solved. it was a dead spark plug. even though it was brand new. so i am taking it back and getting a new one

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                    Alright, well let me just jump into explanation. My car just began to drive like it was missing terribly and would sound like a subaru sound. It smells likes its running alittle rich. Also it does have a slight idle surge sometime when in gear and stopped but not badly. This all just began. But my problem comes in because i cannot diagnose this problem for the life of me. Heres why:
                    All things just replaced:
                    spark plugs
                    wires
                    oil
                    oil filter
                    antifreeze

i thought it was maybe i got bad gas. so i bought a bottle of octane booster and fuel injection cleaner thinkin that could be the problem too. well the problem still persist even after driving for 30 minutes or so after i dumped both in my gas tank. (they were both STP and stated could be used at same time).

So now i come to you my CB7 family.
                    PLEASE help me

much appreciated,
                    Bucky
                    i don't know for sure that this is your problem, but i do know that on hondas if 2 of the wires are switched up on the dizzy that it will idle like a wrx so you might wanna double check to see if you've got your wires right on the dizzy to the cylinder head

Comment

Originally posted by jdmjunky View Post
                      i don't know for sure that this is your problem, but i do know that on hondas if 2 of the wires are switched up on the dizzy that it will idle like a wrx so you might wanna double check to see if you've got your wires right on the dizzy to the cylinder head
                      You are correct. However, if you read the entire thread, you'd have seen that the problem was a bad spark plug.

Comment

i love cb7tuner, this thread may have just fixed my friends h22 cb, i will let u know if it was the same issue.

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                        disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Working...
                        X