Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

4th gen Prelude --> 4th gen Accord. need parts compatibility information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th gen Prelude --> 4th gen Accord. need parts compatibility information

The Backstory: (skip this, it doesnt really matter)

ok so ive owned a 4th gen prelude for almost 10 years. i did a bunch of stuff to it and then i got an S2000 so my Prelude took a seat on the bench and i slowly stopped driving it. it got to the point where it was just sitting in my garage for no reason and i kept paying to insure it. so one day, i sold it to my cousin. he paid his first payment and i never saw another dime from him so after someone did a little hit and run on it one night outside of his parents house, he told me it wasnt driveable (bullshit) and he didnt want it anymore. i took it back and told him he still owes me $2g's and i still expect to get money out of him b/c its basically ruined.

i then decided i should just part it out as it would be pretty hard to sell as is (didnt have powersteering, a/c, cruise control, and a few other comforts lol). this has prooved to be a worthy adversary and has caused me to change my line of thinking. so i have now decided to try and put everything from the Prelude onto an Accord. i need a comfy DD (ie: power steering and A/C) b/c i work 35 miles away (one way). the S2000 is awesome and i would love to drive it everyday but the miles im putting on it is killing my rear tires and gas is quite expensive, although i do get decent mileage.

so i will now type out a list of things that i have from the prelude that i will be/will attempt to switch over. the ones with question marks after are the things i want to make sure will fit in a 92-93 Accord and thats where you guys come in. all parts are coming off of a 92 Prelude Si

-H22A. the main reason to get an Accord as a DD lol

-M2A4. the secondary reason to get an Accord... oh and the Quaife LSD thats inside it is nice too haha

-rotors/calipers? did some searching and couldnt find a straight answer.

-Tein SS coilovers? did some searching and found mixed reviews on whether or not these will swap over.

-4bidden short shifter? side note: i remember when 4bidden was selling these and he said that they fit 5th gen Accords, not sure if there is an issue with the 4th gens or if it was just never tested. if anything i was thinking it might be a clearance issue with the center console?

-front seats? my mom had a 4th gen Accord for a while and the stock seats unleash hell on my back

-SE wheels. because i can

-Koyo radiator? because i want to if i can lol

-Neuspeed rear sway bar?

anything else i should consider? if a lot of this stuff wont fit a 4th gen but will fit a 5th gen then i would consider getting a 5th gen instead...
    Last edited by crdcz03; 02-14-2012, 07:57 PM.

You have a Quaife LSD inside an M2B4?

The rotors and calipers will fit but first you have to upgrade to a rotor-over-hub set-up off of a '98-'99 Acura CL.

The shifter will work great and be a wonderful improvement but you'll need to swap the whole shifter bucket over to use it.

People have done the seats but it's not a direct swap. You'll need to modify the CB brackets to accept the Prelude seat.
    Last edited by Jarrett; 02-14-2012, 07:59 PM.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      You have a Quaife LSD inside an M2B4?
      sorry, got my transmissions mixed up. its an M2A4

Comment

the tiens will swap over but you have to use your accord tophats and possibly the prelude front strut forks but im sure the accord forks will work

if the koyo rad is from the f22 h23 stock 4g ludes it will fit the accord because 4g lude and 4g accord koyo rads have the same part number
        the stock h22 4g lude koyo rad p/n is different as the rad is alot taller but alot of sellers dont know this and they just sell the f22 h23 versions as a true vtec 4g lude is rare
        Last edited by xkjnboix; 02-14-2012, 08:09 PM.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

The wheels obviously enough

The motor as well

just to clarify jarrets post

Rear calipers from a 4th gen prelude will not fit a 4th gen accord.

Comment

Yeah mine was referring to the front but I should have clarified.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Another possibility for the brakes is swapping the whole preluse knuckle. However, if you're not going to lower the car, it will create positive camber. Check out the all prelude way 5 lus swap in the DIYs. Same concept, but with ROH 4 lug being the end result.

Comment

what is this about the brakes? when i searched i just read that i need to make sure i have a 23T caliper bracket... can someone explain the problem with the brakes? pics would help but i know thats asking a lot lol. i wouldnt mind swapping the whole prelude knuckle but the car needs to roll on to a tow truck one day haha

so i should be good on the shifter? i kept the baseplate just in case i ended up selling it to someone with a civic that needed the assembly and cables...

and im also glad to hear that my radiator should fit... actually im ecstatic. i love that thing lol

Comment

The brakes on the accord (90 through 97) are a captive rotor. The rotor is behind the hub as opposed to most cars where the rotor is in front of the hub. This setup makes changing rotors a lot more difficult. Because of this, some people change to the more typical setup. Most typically from a 1g CL, but other options are available too. If you were to use the prelude calipers, you could swap to wagon rotors which are a straight bolt on (although a bit more difficult to change as I previously mentioned), but you would need 25t brackets. You could get 1g CL bearings, hubs, and rotors and use your calipers or brackets. Or, you could use the whole knuckle like I previously suggested. This would require reaming the lca to accept the larger prelude balljoint and using the prelude tie rods. As far as getting the prelude on a tow truck, you could throw on the old accord stuff.

Comment

hmmm now i must decide if all that is worth my time lol

Comment

Originally posted by crdcz03 View Post
                      hmmm now i must decide if all that is worth my time lol
                      I would personally say yes......

Comment

Originally posted by coupes View Post
                        I would personally say yes......
                        the problem i have is that i dont have an accord yet. i still need to find one and keeping the prelude in the garage with all the parts on the other side of the garage is bad b/c then the s2000 gets parked outside. my seats have already been stolen once! lol

i want to take my suspension off but then i wont be able to move the car haha

Comment

would it be that much more work to convert an auto accord to a 5spd? just curious for future reference if 5spds are hard to come by. i wonder if i would be able to use the Prelude clutch pedal assy and clutch master cylinder? lol

Comment

I live in N.Fl, and a clean 5 spd is not hard to come by.
                            Considering the work you are talking about already, I would hold out for a 5spd, and not do a Manuel conversion.

You need to be on CL. (I would be looking in Tampa, Orlando, J-ville and Gainesville, judging by your location.)
                            I got my CB 4 yrs (!) ago now, 5spd Lx, around150k miles for $1600. I knew what I wanted, and waited for it to show up.

A word of warning, there are some kids in FL "modding" CB's that are IDIOTS. (One reason, other than distance I would steer clear of Miami.) I wouldn't buy something that had already been "gotten into".

Happy Hunting! Totally Jelly of that lsd tranny!!!
                            Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                              I live in N.Fl, and a clean 5 spd is not hard to come by.
                              Considering the work you are talking about already, I would hold out for a 5spd, and not do a Manuel conversion.

You need to be on CL. (I would be looking in Tampa, Orlando, J-ville and Gainesville, judging by your location.)
                              I got my CB 4 yrs (!) ago now, 5spd Lx, around150k miles for $1600. I knew what I wanted, and waited for it to show up.

A word of warning, there are some kids in FL "modding" CB's that are IDIOTS. (One reason, other than distance I would steer clear of Miami.) I wouldn't buy something that had already been "gotten into".

Happy Hunting! Totally Jelly of that lsd tranny!!!
                              yeah ive been seeing them under 2g's but im waiting until my tax return to really start looking. i was just wondering about the automatics just in case i find one for like $500 lol.

the motor is now out and on an engine stand. i just need to do my taxes so i can find the accord

Comment

Working...
                              X