Has anyone seen the silver SE on BAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen the silver SE on BAT?

OMG what a gorgeous car. I'm seriously thinking about bidding on it. Does anyone see any egregious potential issues I'm not seeing? Is anyone else here thinking about bidding? On second thought, what a pile of shit. Stay away, STAY AWAY!!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-honda-accord-4/
    My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
    Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
    Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
    OMG what a gorgeous car. I'm seriously thinking about bidding on it. Does anyone see any egregious potential issues I'm not seeing? Is anyone else here thinking about bidding? On second thought, what a pile of shit. Stay away, STAY AWAY!!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-honda-accord-4/
    It’s got a bubble on what looks like the rear quarter (pic 121).

That’s not going to be cheap to fix correctly as it means the inner wheel house is likely rusty.

Beautiful car, no doubt, but it’s not pristine.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
      It’s got a bubble on what looks like the rear quarter (pic 121).

That’s not going to be cheap to fix correctly as it means the inner wheel house is likely rusty.

Beautiful car, no doubt, but it’s not pristine.
      Hard to tell, but that looks like it might be manual damage that was touched up using a paint pen. Doesn't appear to be a normal rust hole to me. Not sure it's worth that price, but that car is definitely super clean.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

That color and that interior are my very favorite combination. Auto trans and seatbelts are not my preference... but I think I’d be able to overlook both.
        As CBs get less common, nice (yet imperfect) examples like this one are going to start commanding higher prices.

Comment

Wow, apparently went up to $9,600!

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
            Hard to tell, but that looks like it might be manual damage that was touched up using a paint pen. Doesn't appear to be a normal rust hole to me. Not sure it's worth that price, but that car is definitely super clean.
            For $9,600 I do hope so.

I’m so rust averse in that area I’d never buy it without seeing it I. Person.

Comment

Even without that, I don't think it's worth that much. Very well preserved, but definitely not top notch. It's too bad, because now people are going to use that example as a guage. The maroon one that sold not to long ago was a much better buy IMO.

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791

Comment

I think part of the draw for this one was the relative rarity of it. It’s not just a CB7, but also one of the most desired color combinations in the top trim level. That was the top of the line in 1991.

It’s true, though. The bar is being set high, and it’ll just get higher. Nostalgia is strong, and those most affected by it are getting to the point in their lives where they have the time and disposable income to restore/maintain/modify a classic from their youth.
                The CB has finally started its journey out of the “cheap beater” realm. It’s now too old and too labor-intensive for most careless kids that just want to throw every eBay part on there and call it “built”.
                A clean CB7 is getting harder and harder to find, especially if you’re picky about color and trim.

The interesting thing is that when this site started, the newest CB7s were a decade old. Still “old”, but good ones still retained their value. We had some members that owned their cars for years prior to the opening of cb7tuner, and they paid good money for them. We have some original owners (I think prez808 still has his!) I find it interesting how things have progressed over the 15 years we’ve been around. The CB went from being more expensive than your average kid wanted to spend on a project, to budget beater status, and now we’re seeing “collectible” examples emerge.

Comment

GraniteCB7 paid waaay less than that for his SE (same color combo) with around 85k when he picked it up and his is a lot cleaner and it was found in a garage of all places in New Hampshire.

9k is fuck you money to someone who desires this combo and has the means to address that rust issue.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

That was quite a few years ago though, wasn’t it?

Comment

The rarest part of that car... it’s gotta be the floor mats. That’s the first set I’ve ever seen for the 91 SE. The 93 SE are a different style and of course color. It’s a hefty price to pay but thats really a stunning SE. I see a Solaris SE in a pap about every 90 days now. Those leather seats are almost impossible to find in good shape. The panels are usually getting dry also. Most CB guys I talk to all want black SE or DX interior stuff.
                      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

I'm glad our cars are finally getting a little bit of attention as more than just a cheap Honda.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I'd rather they didn't!! That way they stay cheap to keep and maintain!

Comment

Yea im with you. Id like them to stay cheap and relatively unknown, but its a function of the process.

It was bound to happen, and now its starting.

Hopefully those that are on the market and are willing to spend this kind of money, will come here and share their stuff and updates.

Comment

OP Kansas huh? I guess it's time to go back home and pay a visit.
                              The CB7 Collector.
                              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                              92 LX Coupe F22A1
                              2013 Toyota Corolla S
                              92 EX Sedan F22A1
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                              X