Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Converting from manual to power options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting from manual to power options.

Ok I looked around the site and could not find anything, I was wondering if anyone has ever changed out the manual windows and locks to power ones. I have a DX but I also have a 93 SE parts car. I would like to change everything thing out but from looking at the repair manual and wires I would have to change all the wires out. How hard will this be it?

Ignore cost because like I said I have a parts car so I have everything available. Anyone ever do this?
    Sold to:
    GunRunner,mtnickel,SanJoCaF22DrAcc,sikz6,daovangph otos,megarock15,
    Purchased From :cb95spd,"sleepin"

Not hard, but definitely time consuming. You would have to change out almost all of the wiring harnesses. Also, the blower assembly to utilize the electric hvac controls.

Comment

I have time to work on it since its not my daily anymore. I want black or tan interior so I am really considering this. I also found two cb's for parts one is a 91 SE with black interior and the other is a 91 with tan. The parts car I have the leather is all beat up. I will go and buy this today if its possible to do it

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/2800354983.html
      Sold to:

Comment

Black SE interior with tan seats looks really sexy!

oh and heres a DIY for the Auto to Manual conversion

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=156847

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhoenix82 View Post
          Black SE interior with tan seats looks really sexy!

oh and heres a DIY for the Auto to Manual conversion

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=156847
          Thanks but the DIY is for a auto to manual tranny swap.
          Sold to:

Comment

Your biggest hurdles are going to be passing an entire door harness through the sleeve that they go through between the door and the body. And then doing it again for the other side. I say do it. It won't be "worth it" at all. But if you finish it you'll have a load of fun and also have a tremendous amount more knowledge of all the power components involved than you did before.

I say to remove the doors, dash, carpet and headliner and just see what you're working with first. I suggested the headliner purely for the vanity mirror, not the sunroof. But you could add a maplight while you're up there. The under dash fuse box along with the cruise control computer and all the other control boxes under there are going to be a major pain as well.

Then again, if you're looking for an easy swap. This is most certainly not it.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Koochologist View Post
              Thanks but the DIY is for a auto to manual tranny swap.
              awww shit i misread that my bad, i look retarded right now

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                Your biggest hurdles are going to be passing an entire door harness through the sleeve that they go through between the door and the body. And then doing it again for the other side. I say do it. It won't be "worth it" at all. But if you finish it you'll have a load of fun and also have a tremendous amount more knowledge of all the power components involved than you did before.

I say to remove the doors, dash, carpet and headliner and just see what you're working with first. I suggested the headliner purely for the vanity mirror, not the sunroof. But you could add a maplight while you're up there. The under dash fuse box along with the cruise control computer and all the other control boxes under there are going to be a major pain as well.

Then again, if you're looking for an easy swap. This is most certainly not it.
                I always love a challenge so I think I am going to tackle this and see what happens. I want the black SE dash in my car so that gives me an excuse to look under there and see what's up. There is a guy I know that did it on his CG so I might ask him for help or tips. If I do get this done I might be the first person to do this.
                Sold to:

Comment

Find a clean CB7 at the junkyard that's as close to what you're trying to "create" as possible. So if you've got a '90-'91 DX coupe with a 5-speed and you're essentially going for an LX, get every single dash harness out of a '90-'91 LX coupe with a 5-speed. There's still likely to be some custom wiring but it's a start.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

im in the same vote atm, the thing that was puzzeling me is, do i have to change all wiring from the front of the car right back to the licence plate lights

so if its just removing all the harnesses in the front and what not i have no problem with that at all, be time consuming and a whole lot of patience!

New heart and soul H22A4
                    Bought from: King James,kouzie,xkjnboix,tommi
                    Sold too: P5ylance,GearBangnAccord
                    Traded with: crazymikey,nine_deuce

Comment

Working...
                    X