Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 CB7 Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 CB7 Intro

So I recently picked up a 93 Accord and I wanted to learn more and the very first thing I found was this website. I seem to have struck gold About the car, its completely stock ex model I believe. 180000 Miles, manual, and it burns some oil but otherwise then that it runs fine. I've had it for 2 days and I love it already, way different from my previous car (Plymouth Scamp, V8 with Camshft) It has some quirks though, My ABS light comes on but everything seems fine, Brake indicator light is on yet brakes lights all work, and there is a rattle in the engine bay. But with the search bar I am betting that I will be able to find out why. My plans for this car is to drive it more and get more comfortable then let the mods begin ...as funds allows. Without further ado here's the car!

welcome to the forum. you have 6 spoke alloy wheels also found on 10th anniversary Honda Accord
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

welcome , looks like a sweet daily and looks better condition then mines ( just got mines a week ago )

Comment

Thanks! So far it has been a pretty fun daily but I'm already looking at getting it lower :P most likely gonna get new springs and shocks. Also stopping at a junk yard on the way home today to see if I can find a lip or anything else I like. Also have some universal fog lights I'm going to install this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
          welcome to the forum. you have 6 spoke alloy wheels also found on 10th anniversary Honda Accord
          They are also factory wheels for the EX coupe.

Comment

This is more like you've struck diamonds buddy, hahaha
            sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

What is it that they do or don't do in the winter in the northwest that the Accords don't have rust problems like in the midwest?
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

They use sand instead of salt most places around where I live. But it's also due to the fact it was granny owned majority of its life the only rust spot I have found is on the bottom of the truck lid where it looks like there is a vent hope. But then I haven't lifted it up yet

Comment

Clean find!
                  MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

Yes. Very nice find that's one of my fav colors on the cb7s. How much did you get it for?

Comment

Originally posted by FragginDale View Post
                      Thanks! So far it has been a pretty fun daily but I'm already looking at getting it lower :P most likely gonna get new springs and shocks. Also stopping at a junk yard on the way home today to see if I can find a lip or anything else I like. Also have some universal fog lights I'm going to install this weekend.
                      How low did you want to make your car? If you aren't really sure, then maybe a set of coilovers would be best. This will allow a lot more adjustment to the height of the vehicle.

Also, you can get a good set of coilovers for around the same price, if not cheaper, than a quality set of springs and struts. Just make sure that you purchase high quality suspension components. That's one of the last things that you want to fail on any car.

Comment

I wouldn't call anything cheaper "good"... and if you don't have the need, knowledge, or tools to properly adjust a set of coilovers, I would suggest leaving that stuff up to the engineers, and just get something that doesn't need to be adjusted.

Comment

I picked it up on a trade with 500 on top. I am debating on spring and shock vs coil over. I want to drop it around 1.5 - 2 inches but I also want it to be a comfortable ride. I'm still undecided and the idea of coil overs is great because of the adjustability, but I honestly don't know how to,adjust them and such.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            I wouldn't call anything cheaper "good"... and if you don't have the need, knowledge, or tools to properly adjust a set of coilovers, I would suggest leaving that stuff up to the engineers, and just get something that doesn't need to be adjusted.
                            Originally posted by FragginDale View Post
                            I picked it up on a trade with 500 on top. I am debating on spring and shock vs coil over. I want to drop it around 1.5 - 2 inches but I also want it to be a comfortable ride. I'm still undecided and the idea of coil overs is great because of the adjustability, but I honestly don't know how to,adjust them and such.

My comment is in relation to the fact that a person will most likely spend more money on a good combo of strut and springs vs a good set of coilovers.

Koni Yellow - $500-$600ish
                            Eibach Springs - $200-$300ish
                            Total - $700-$900ish

F&F Type 1 - $589
                            F&F Type 2 - $750
                            BC Racing - $995

*prices from a quick ebay search. I'm sure there are better deals out there than what is listed above.

Height adjustments are simple. Especially considering that the coilovers will come with instructions on how to adjust the height. Coilover sets tend to come with the tools needed to adjust the height settings. However, when it comes to rebound and dampening settings, this is something that should be left to someone with a lot of experience.

I can understand your points. If a person is just starting to modify cars, then I can see where the springs and strut combo would be beneficial. However, this could lead to regret. Fast forward to a point when the person continues to modify their car and understands everything more. If they then wanted to adjust the height of their car, then they will need to spend another large chunk of money for a new set of springs or a full set of coilovers. He may want to only lower it 1.5" to 2" now, but once it is lowered, he might want to go even further. I know I did.

Just trying to give some information based on experience.

Comment

That is true. Though I've been modifying cars for about 15 years now, and I'll freely admit that I wouldn't know how to PROPERLY adjust even a basic set of coilovers. In fact, my Koni Yellows offer more adjustment than I'm truly able to utilize. I honestly doubt there are many people on here that truly know how to set up an adjustable suspension beyond "it looks nice", "it's comfortable", and "I think it handles better." (all common defenses of cut springs, heated springs, "ebay" springs", and improperly matched shocks as well...)
                              Granted, it's probably not likely that someone is going to set up a quality set of coilovers (and I'm using "quality" very loosely to include the better "cheap" stuff, like F&F) to a point that their car is unsafe... however, I would rely on engineers that know far more than the average end-user to develop a non-adjustable product that does exactly as the engineers intended.

I'm saying this mainly as a response to all the people I see messing with preload settings, removing adjustment rings to sit lower, and destroying the dampers in a set of full coilovers due to the fact that they used them in a manner other than what they were designed for because they were ignorant of how suspension systems actually work.
                              It's VERY hard to mess up a set of static springs and matched shocks. The only thing they have to worry about with such a thing is properly torquing 4 bolts and 14 nuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X