Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Straight cut transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight cut transmission

Has anybody put one of these in? When I eventually switch I think it would be cool. If so, where did you get it and how much did it cost?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Dogbox. They are custom made in most cases, and VERY expensive. Also not at all suited to a daily driven car. That's a race-only unit. I've heard of one or two people on here that have had them (I think only one was in a CB) and even those guys said they would never drive their car on the street with it.

They are strong, and take lots of abuse. If you plan on making a 700whp drag car, you'll want one. Otherwise... it's far too much for a street-driven hobby car.

Two well known manufacturers of full race transmissions are PPG and MFactory. Both only show applications for B and K series engines on their sites, but apparently they used to make H/F stuff. You may be able to contact them for information.

The prices I saw on the sites started at $4000. I'm quite sure that some additional modification will be needed. You would probably need to convert to a rod shifting setup, rather than the H/F cable setup... that won't be cheap either.

Comment

Well never-mind then, I only wanted it because it sounded cool...
      MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Yeah, that's the WORST way to plan mods for your car

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Yeah, that's the WORST way to plan mods for your car
          At the risk of whoring.....AAHHAHAHAHAHA, that's hilarious but so ridiculously prevalent and true!
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
            Well never-mind then, I only wanted it because it sounded cool...
            Drive in reverse then, lower your miles while your at it...
            wat?

Comment

It's like those threads where people say "I want a blow off valve... what do I need to install one on my bone stock engine?"

They have no idea what it does. They just heard someone mention it on a forum and they want to be cool like the big boys.

I'm going to start talking about how cool a vasecotmy is, and see if I can get anyone to post asking what it takes to get one!

Comment

I've heard of one or two people on here that have had them (I think only one was in a CB) and even those guys said they would never drive their car on the street with it.
                Well, at least it would be unique!

I got the idea from here:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSJ-HzNWJGM

Just imagine having friends with you, or even driving by someone at 15 mph!
                It'd be hilarious, but not $4k hilarious

I'm going to start talking about how cool a vasecotmy is, and see if I can get anyone to post asking what it takes to get one!
                Maybe it's time to redo your sig...?
                MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

increase the tension on your timing belt, it'll give a supercharger whine.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I have to admit, I also thought about this:
                    http://www.turbowhistler.net/exotic-cars/exoticcar9.htm
                    I saw it on top gear.

As long as we're on the subject of transmissions, has anybody put in a 6 speed?
                    MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I have to admit, I also thought about this:
                      http://www.turbowhistler.net/exotic-cars/exoticcar9.htm
                      I saw it on top gear.

As long as we're on the subject of transmissions, has anybody put in a 6 speed?
                      Yes, the few that have done a k-swap. There is not a 6speed that will bolt up to the f22 and cb7 without adapter plates and custom mounts/axles. It isn't just a simple "putting in a 6-speed".
                      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Well, at least it would be unique!

I got the idea from here:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSJ-HzNWJGM

Just imagine having friends with you, or even driving by someone at 15 mph!
                        It'd be hilarious, but not $4k hilarious

Maybe it's time to redo your sig...?
                        That video made me poop a little bit.

Unless you're planning a wicked motor build, that tranny would be a waste. But it would sound wicked awesome...

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

It's like those threads where people say "I want a blow off valve... what do I need to install one on my bone stock engine?"

They have no idea what it does. They just heard someone mention it on a forum and they want to be cool like the big boys.

thats sound like fun, no more kids .... im cool wit that...

Ride List
                          1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                          2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                          newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Take out your wheel bearings, fill them with dirt and put them back in. Now you sound cool like a race car y0.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                              Take out your wheel bearings, fill them with dirt and put them back in. Now you sound cool like a race car y0.
                              No they don't, it sounds like a grinding/roaring noise - like a muffler rubbing. It's really annoying.

Originally posted by blazenem View Post
                              thats sound like fun, no more kids .... im cool wit that...
                              It's working already!
                              MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Working...
                              X