Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

External Coils: TC-18A vs TC-19A, whats the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Coils: TC-18A vs TC-19A, whats the difference?

My question is what the difference is between the 18 and 19. The 18 is discontinued from the OEM and is the only coil listed for a 94 usdm prelude. the 18 and 19 are both listed under a 93 accord and the 19 is available. anyone know the difference between them? I have an H22a thats converted to external coil and want to make sure I am running the right coil.

345,000 miles and counting...

From what I remember they are interchangeable. For the price you could always get an MSD SS coil and use it, about half price.
    Turbo H23a3 build has begun
    01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by Ster56 View Post
      My question is what the difference is between the 18 and 19. The 18 is discontinued from the OEM and is the only coil listed for a 94 usdm prelude. the 18 and 19 are both listed under a 93 accord and the 19 is available. anyone know the difference between them? I have an H22a thats converted to external coil and want to make sure I am running the right coil.
      Likely a newer revision, or one produced by a different supplier. Sometimes when later generations get released, their newer (but still interchangeable) parts supersede the older ones and could get a new part number.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
      X