Scolirk : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    You must go to a good junkyard; I can never find the burgundy high rise center consoles.

I like how you're very OEM+ in style. It's all so clean and good looking.
    I'm lucky to live in a smaller town which has a few hidden wreckers around. They don't get a lot of new inventory but most of the Hondas aren't picked through, more so the domestics. If shipping costs in Canada weren't as ridiculous as they are I'd buy most of what this wrecker has and sell it here.

Comment

Keep the simplicity, it's a beautiful thing. All the hardcore performance modders are nice and all, but sometimes you have to sit back and enjoy Honda's original plan.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Well it's been about a year since I've posted on this thread, and since I was active here. Not much has changed with the Accord aside from emergency repairs. The radiator died in May on the worst week possible, and ended up costing me $3,000 for the rad, new tires, brakes, timing belt & water pump, oil change and transmission flush.

Future plans really depend on my needs. Original plan was to garage it as insurance is silly for it's age and replace it with an S210 E320 Mercedes-Benz wagon. However I recently passed up the opportunity to buy a $300 1991 Accord Wagon EX-R and have been regretting it since. The hunt for a CB9 is on.

Might end up with the Merc, might get lucky and find another CB9. In the interim I'm planning on tinting the windows and looking at having the A/C repaired. Might buy a second car as a local has a 'JDM front end' from a 9091 on his 9293. I might just buy the entire car and swap the bumper and headlights, then send that car to the wrecker.

We'll see. The wife is off to Disney World in September, which means I'll be out buying cars left, right, and centre.

Comment

Will you die when she comes back? Ouch on the repair bill...it's not so bad once you realize it's good for another 60k miles at least.

Nice wagovan. Friend of yours?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            Will you die when she comes back? Ouch on the repair bill...it's not so bad once you realize it's good for another 60k miles at least.

Nice wagovan. Friend of yours?
            I might haha. It took me a while to get her to agree to anything old, and anything wagon. Realistically I'll end up with the Merc and she'll be happy. If that 'JDM' front-ender is still available by Sept 8th I'll pick it up, strip it, and send it to the wrecker during her short vacation. She'll never notice.

The '91 Wagon is a buddy of mine's. He bought it a few years back in a small town next to mine for about $3k. I truly forget how many KMs are on the engine, but it's all original aside from the head unit and wheels. Burns oil though, every time we go on a cruise he's got to add a little between stops. My dad had an '87 Wagon in the same colour. By the time we junked it, there wasn't anything but rust left.

Comment

Working...
            X