No announcement yet.

Post PICS of your latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my last big purchase of the year, and hopefully for a while. I didn't want to go for the cheaper McCullochs since I like to buy things once and not have to worry about it breaking, and I didn't like all the comments about it feeling cheap. I can also make a little bit of side money cleaning interiors, wheels/rims and houses for friends and family or complete strangers if I get good and fast enough.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Custom emblems for the project wagon are officially on the way! Going to finish cleaning them up and get them chromed myself. It's an idea I thought up such a long time ago, I wondered if they were ever really going to happen. These are 3D printed; I might take them somewhere one day to be re-made in metal, we'll see. One for the car, one 'just in case.'

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        I don't like driving in the snow, but at the same time it's sad because I want to try out these tires on some seriously dangerous roads, haha.
        I take back what I said about not liking driving in the snow. This is fun now! My area finally got its first snowfall that's actually sticking, so I went out. It's kinda wet, too. Bit of snow, bit of slushy ice. It melts and quickly freezes on the windows when the car's off. Now it's not deep yet, but in many areas you can't quite see the pavement. These tires just hook from stand-still, and I've yet to have the ABS kick on - and I'm braking with pretty close to normal pressure. It may as well just be raining outside, not even exaggerating. Even on a fully-covered highway at 50mph, lane changes are as stable as ever - I went around a new Camaro like it was nothing, haha. Poor guy. Loving their new 'vette taillights, though. I also have a super-steep driveway that I remember not being able to get up last winter and parking in the street. Not a slip tonight! Firestone Winterforce, I definitely recommend them . Would not, however, recommend their Firehawk Wide Oval summer tires I'm coming off of. Loud, and feeling pretty greasy after maybe 30k miles.

I hope it keeps on falling over night. Need more extreme field research...
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-07-2016, 01:40 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yep winter tires are the shiz. We just got our first snowfalls this week, I went thru it in my RWD Volvo with no issue. Meanwhile idiots driving Jeeps and other 4WD stuff are slip sliding all over the place with all seasons. I'm running a Hercules tires that is a Nokian design they bought and put back into production. Unstoppable so far, I can't even get he car to drift but I think thats the design of the car really.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Authentic BBS LM wheels for my Vette. 17 x 9 F / 18 x 10 R.

The blue actually matches the car, but I think I'll end up refinishing them back to silver since I do like that better.

Comment

Nice rims!
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

60 gallons with a 20 gallon sump

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post

Authentic BBS LM wheels for my Vette. 17 x 9 F / 18 x 10 R.

The blue actually matches the car, but I think I'll end up refinishing them back to silver since I do like that better.
                  The blue looks awesome, but I agree that silver will look WAY better on the blue car. I've never been a great fan of colored wheels, other than bronze (and then only on the right car... like my CB7)

Comment

Early Christmas present from my wife. I've been wanting one for years, but never got one.
                    I'll probably upgrade to better quality once I've gotten the hang of using the cheap one (didn't want an expensive one to collect dust in the basement if I don't actually use it much.) As it is, I'll just get some quality pads and polishes, and I should do fine with the Harbor Freight special!

Comment

I have that buffer, it works quite well as an inexpensive substitute to the Porter Cable unit. My only complaint, its LOUD. Like metal on metal sounding almost. Very odd. But hey it was cheap.

Other thing, you can take the cap off and put a longer cord on it. I highly recommend doing that, buy a cheap extension cord to install on the buffer permanently. Makes doing the job easier when you aren't plugging the buffer back in 200 times and dragging a plug all over the car.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                        I have that buffer, it works quite well as an inexpensive substitute to the Porter Cable unit. My only complaint, its LOUD. Like metal on metal sounding almost. Very odd. But hey it was cheap.

Other thing, you can take the cap off and put a longer cord on it. I highly recommend doing that, buy a cheap extension cord to install on the buffer permanently. Makes doing the job easier when you aren't plugging the buffer back in 200 times and dragging a plug all over the car.
                        Thanks for the tip! I'd be pissed if I managed to scuff or scratch my newly buffed paint with the plug! I haven't unboxed the thing yet. I'll have to go over it tonight and see how that's done.

Comment

Window Visors for my IS300 - $38

Comment

Set of 20's for the Ridgeline.....

.....come on Spring!
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

new daily. sold my blue fit, and picked this guy up.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                              The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                Early Christmas present from my wife. I've been wanting one for years, but never got one.
                                I'll probably upgrade to better quality once I've gotten the hang of using the cheap one (didn't want an expensive one to collect dust in the basement if I don't actually use it much.) As it is, I'll just get some quality pads and polishes, and I should do fine with the Harbor Freight special!
                                Switch out the backing plate for a 5" plate to use with 5.5" pads. The smaller pads are easier to control when polishing and allow you to get into smaller areas. Get at least 3 light cutting pads and 3 polishing pads if you want to polish a medium sized car without stopping to clean the pads. Remember to swap them in between panels to allow the foam to cool down. Once foam heats up, it won't cut evenly and constant overheating will diminish the life of the pad.

If you don't want to spend the money on extra pads, then take breaks in between panels. Let the foam can cool down and clean the pads out because the polish will gum up the pads.

I used lake country foam pads back when I was detailing cars to earn a little extra, but I switched over to buff and shine microfiber pads a few years ago. The MF pads cut faster and stay cooler longer, so I don't have to swap them out as often.

If you want to prolong the life of your tools, then clean all your towels and pads when you're done working with them. If you can't clean them right away, then soak them in water/detergent solution until you can clean them properly. The last thing you want is products drying in your towels and pads. It puts you at risk of scratching the paint if there is any contamination in your tools. Also, only use a pure detergent with no fabric softeners or scents. Fabric softeners clog the the towels and the pads making them ineffective.

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                                Have you changed out the grease? People usually fix that by cleaning out all the old grease and packing it with almost double the amount of higher quality grease.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/auto...5-minutes.html

http://www.autopia.org/forums/polish...weak-mods.html

Comment

Working...
                                X