Wiper Arm Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper Arm Issue

I was going to post something long but here's the tl;dr version.

My OEM Honda wiper on the driver side hits the side of my windshield when in use. I tried re-positioning it, but the blade is either too low or too high in resting position. It seems there's some give on that motor, causing the blade to hit as well as not allowing the blade to make contact with the windshield as it returns from it's wipe.

Is there some trick to positioning the arm, or is it worn & needs to be replaced? I already spent $95 on the Honda blades, and it'll cost another $90 for a new arm from my dealer.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Wiper Arm Linkage is your problem.

76530-SM4-A01 / LINK, FR. WIPER
    1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
    5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! Just called my dealer, looks like it'll cost $144.92 for the part, sounds similar to how much my Vigor will cost to get it's wiper motor fixed too.

I might have to live with the problem for a little while loner.

Comment

Majestic Auto will be much cheaper i bet

www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
        Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

I ended up finding an arm at a wrecker today, it was bent out of shape a bit but after some testing at home, it seems to have fixed one of my issues. The driver blade now does it's job properly, no loss of contact on the windshield. That linkage is definitely messed up though, if I knew how to take it off the wrecker car I would have.

Comment

Working...
          X