No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autometer oil pressure gauge arrived today. No idea why it arrived separately but that's ok.

It's mechanical which I didn't even think about. I'm looking at some stainless steel braided line as the current nylon tends to be slightly prone to failure.

With the addition of the braided stainless steel line it will be better than an electric unit for it's more accurate and has a 270* sweep. Something that only the expensive $150+ Autometer oil pressure gauges feature. I'm looking at about $50-$60 for the stainless braided line kit.

Comment

Comment

Snapped a pic at work today. Was raining but whatever.

Comment

Got some parts installed today!

NGK plug wires. Extreme PSI wire cover. And changed the gear oil in the rear diff and the transfer case to Red Line Lightweight Shockproof.

Comment

Redline is good stuff! Do a burnout.

Comment

Bought a new hose for the factory oil cooler. The current one seeps a bit of coolant.

Also bought a new brake fluid reservoir cap. The current one is stripped and won't tighten up very well.

6000K H3 55 watt bulbs for the fog lights.

Loctite Superflex clear RTV designed for headlights and taillights. I'm using it to seal up the fog light I repaired.

Center vent for HVAC. Mine is messed up and the blade things point in all different directions.

Only spent about $60 for everything.

This thing will be getting parked which I stoked about. I can finally work on it.

Comment

Loctite Superflex clear RTV.
                New brake fluid reservoir cap.
                New hose for the factory oil cooler.
                Permatex Ultra Grey for the valve cover gasket.

Comment

Got the new brake fluid reservoir on the car. But the hose I bought isn't the one I need. So I'm on the search once again for a new oil cooler hose.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-17-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

How've you been? Car is looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                      How've you been? Car is looking good!
                      I'm alive. My job is physically and mentally trying to murder me. Other than that everything's going great. Hope your doing good as well my friend!

And thank you!

Comment

Got the fog light back together. After what's it been, two or three months.

Not bad. Looking for a good replacement unit. This will work for now.

Comment

Comment

I removed a rubber plug in the boost control solenoid and that increased the boost from 11-12psi to 14-15psi. Which is said to be good for 10-15hp. Kinda neat and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                              I removed a rubber plug in the boost control solenoid and that increased the boost from 11-12psi to 14-15psi. Which is said to be good for 10-15hp. Kinda neat and easy.
                              Seems to be from the Japanese automakers "gentlemen's agreement" not to produce high horse power cars. They did the same rubber hose/plug thing on GTR's and few other boosts cars from the 90's

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I was just reading through the mod list on dsm tuners and came across the info. Said to use a wood screw to remove it. Easy enough. It's connected to a vacuum line that connects to the wastegate.

I was unaware if it all together honestly. Neat to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X