Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Deev knows what he is talking about.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deev knows what he is talking about.

This may sound like brown-nosing, but it really isn't. I have never really cared much about what people thought about me. Just posting for people who are really fresh to the site.

If there is one thing I have noticed, it is that deev typically knows his shit. If you see deev or any other moderator or even some of the members who have been on here for a while, then you would be wise to listen. I have only been on the site for maybe a couple weeks and already have had a few times I regretted being stubborn and not heeding simple advice posted by deev and the mods. For example, seriously, don't smoke while working on your engine, carb cleaner burns really hot :s and my hand is still a little tender. If you knew it all you wouldn't be here (unless it was to try to show people how much more you know than them, you don't).

I figure when the mods see this they will delete it. Given its kind of me just rambling and it doesn't seem to have a very specific point. Eh.

93 LX - Needs work

I for one, Im very thanfull for the people who help run this website. There advice had help me avoid many mistakes ( like building a f22b1). Just by spending some time in this website is easy to see the dedication and passion for our cb and helping thy brothers. Thats why it was an honor letting Deev put the cb7tuner.com sticker on my car during a CT meet..... do you remember that Deev?

who's real ? who's fake ? that's the people I hate

Comment

Originally posted by drewams View Post
      If there is one thing I have noticed, it is that deev typically knows his shit.
      Well I would hope so he's the OG. I wouldn't want to frequent a site where the damn owner doesn't know what the hell he's talking about half the time. That would be wack. But yeah, Deev is an alright dude. We've had our differences in the past but its all good. And I have to say one thing he always does is keep shit real and he's extremely fair about shit. He's well spoken and always makes sure shit is right. Can't hate on him, really.
      Originally posted by drewams View Post
      I figure when the mods see this they will delete it. Given its kind of me just rambling and it doesn't seem to have a very specific point. Eh.
      Well they shouldn't delete it I don't think. Its in off topic, I've seen dudes post shit about absolutely nothing here (aliens, new X box games, problems with women, cats and dogs, whatever). Hence the name "Off Topic".

Comment

Honestly anything I've seen deev say is either a very useful tip, a question to help narrow down your problem, or some funny remark about the situation. Him and the other mods not only run the site but help us keep our cars running and keep our interest going in our cars.

I'm extremely thankful that we have such great people who dedicate their time to this site and I find it bizarre that anyone would disrespect or disagree with their input. At least give it a go before disregarding what was said.
        Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

Originally posted by Lecco View Post
          I for one, Im very thanfull for the people who help run this website. There advice had help me avoid many mistakes ( like building a f22b1). Just by spending some time in this website is easy to see the dedication and passion for our cb and helping thy brothers. Thats why it was an honor letting Deev put the cb7tuner.com sticker on my car during a CT meet..... do you remember that Deev?
          that is what a good car club is about
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

well...common sense would dictate that you don't want to smoke near fumes.

But yea Deev is a good guy..one thing we're stiffs about are searching first before you post a question that we might already have an answer for.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

deev doesnt know anything, hes useless

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

who's Deev??...

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  deev doesnt know anything, hes useless
                  I know lots of things... especially those things you taught me when I called you in a panic when my car broke!

To be honest, I'm no expert. The majority of what I know, I've learned from these pages. The root of all my knowledge is accessible to EVERYONE.
                  I don't know all that much, and I don't have a whole lot of experience to draw on. I just try to only talk about things I DO know about... and not give advice on things I'm not at least educated on (if not experienced with!)

There are a lot of very knowledgeable members on here. That's why this is such a great place, because so many people have shared (and continue to share) so much great information. The staff is knowledgeable, and they do a LOT of work to keep things running smoothly (more than me, most of the time... I just bitch at people when they break the rules! )

And Lecco, of course I remember, man! You were the very last one to get a keychain as well, if I recall!

Comment

cb7tuner is without a doubt THE BEST tuner website out there. HT is a bunch of civic and teg fanboy crybabies who are mostly all under 19, preludepower is good sometimes but the majority are dicks just cause they drive a lude. im not sure how team integra is but im sure its like ht if not then probably not far off.

If you are a cb7tuner member consider yourself lucky and privileged
                    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      To be honest, I'm no expert.
                      But what make a man an expert really? A certificate or degree of some kind? I've known many mechanics or what have u that know just as much if not more than the ones going to school for the shit. But yeah, they're no "expert". We appreciate your modestly it shows good character. And I've noticed that u are always quick to thank somebody for teaching u a thing or two when u don't know something. Atleast u don't act like u know everything because u have 30,000 posts. Like some that act like that with 30 posts. Of course I suppose the post count doesn't really matter, u don't really know who's actually a "noob" versus somebody that just happened to find this site but knows a grip of shit. I suppose u can weed those people out from what type of knowledge they're sharing tho.

Comment

H-T is great if you're a well known and respected member... Of course, even as the owner of the biggest 4th generation Accord site on the net, I still can't go on there and get any respect. If you're not already well-known, it's damn near impossible for anyone to take you seriously. If you're an oldschool member, or someone that has really proven themselves in the industry (such as Bisimoto), then you get respect.

That's one reason why we try so hard to discourage flaming, idiot e-thug speak, and anything that creates an atmosphere like the majority of H-T. I want this site to be like H-T would be if all the idiots were kept in check, and the knowledgeable people were willing to talk to them and teach them.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                          But what make a man an expert really? A certificate or degree of some kind? I've known many mechanics or what have u that know just as much if not more than the ones going to school for the shit. But yeah, they're no "expert". We appreciate your modestly it shows good character. And I've noticed that u are always quick to thank somebody for teaching u a thing or two when u don't know something. Atleast u don't act like u know everything because u have 30,000 posts. Like some that act like that with 30 posts. Of course I suppose the post count doesn't really matter, u don't really know who's actually a "noob" versus somebody that just happened to find this site but knows a grip of shit. I suppose u can weed those people out from what type of knowledge they're sharing tho.
                          Eh, compare me and cp[mike]... When we met, we both had about the same level of automotive experience. He has since progressed to the level where he can rip a CB7 apart and put it back together perfectly. I'm at the point where my car has been sitting in my driveway with a soggy clutch pedal for 3 years.
                          Mike isn't an expert either, but his level of hands-on experience makes me look like a complete noob. Not that it's a bad thing... I mean, part of the reason I love this site is because I'm continuing to learn alongside of everyone else!

Still, even the most experienced tuner can learn something new. Most of the truly experienced people here are smart enough to know that. We don't have very many know-it-all types here. The truly experienced and knowledgeable members are often more than happy to help the noobiest of noobs, as long as they're not morons.

Comment

Hell yeah I got the last key chain.Funny at the time I didnt know it was the last one... I always wanted one. Great conversation piece btw once people realize is the shape of my car in it (it shows that you are serious about your cb) from my experience

who's real ? who's fake ? that's the people I hate

Comment

Yeah, I miss mine. I lost it when I got attacked by a dog at work. I dropped my entire keyring, and didn't realize it until I was miles away!

Comment

Working...
                              X