Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Compound setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some insperation, i have actually built 2 different setups:

VOlvo B21ET
    GT35 and super 60 compound setup (note; honda dizzy lol)

D16Z6
    Eaton M45 SC
    GT28/45

It's hard to get a nice power band, timing the transition from SC to the turbo is hard to realise (dynamic)

Ran really strong, but bent the crank due to insufficient oil supply (IE aftermarket oilcooler/thermostat)

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
    For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Holy jeebus... I gotta run change my shorts now...

Comment

Wow!

Originally posted by Dutchaccord View Post
        Here's some insperation, i have actually built 2 different setups:

VOlvo B21ET
        GT35 and super 60 compound setup (note; honda dizzy lol)

D16Z6
        Eaton M45 SC
        GT28/45

It's hard to get a nice power band, timing the transition from SC to the turbo is hard to realise (dynamic)

Ran really strong, but bent the crank due to insufficient oil supply (IE aftermarket oilcooler/thermostat)
        Oh wow! I'll be contacting you for some pointers when I get closer. I notice you don't have the supercharger mounted normally where the VictorX manifold is. Was it necessary to mount there or did it make the transition switchover easier to manage? It looks like a upside down jackson setup because of the large square plate.

Volvo's big over there? The last few times I went to Sac Raceway, I was surprised to see a couple of 850 guys run some pretty low 1/4 times. I imagine they are running a way bigger snail. I love how the older 850R's look. My mom has a regular '97 850. It has a dinky turbo compared to the 850 Turbo model but it still has some mean torque for what it is.

What oil pan were you running? I'm guessing it's recommended I use a Morosso oil pan to hold an extra quart correct? Oil starvation is one of the things that does scare me.. especially with a H22 that normally consumes oil. My buddy had a fully built Toda B18C hatch with crazy high compression and that thing noticeably drank oil in between changes. I'll definitely going to be running a oil pressure,oil temp gauge in the mix. I'm really trying to find some old used Jackson racing gauges on e-bay. I see them time to time but I might just keep it real and splurge on some Defi or at least some cheaper Apexi gauges to keep the "JDM" theme going.

Well no further progress yet on my car. I'm still unhappy with my civic power steering oil cooler lines. I'm looking into getting some braided lines because I still have a small leak even after changing them to thicker heavy duty tubing.

I do have a major update (not supercharger related) that I will share in about a week tho.
        Last edited by Warudakumi; 02-26-2013, 07:38 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
        JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
        1994 Prelude V-Tec
        1999 CL 3.0
        2000 Prelude
        2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
        1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
        1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
        1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Here's a good read on twincharging:
          http://www.rx7club.com/build-threads...-twins-940240/

and this one:
          http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=267889

First one is a RX-7 (kinda obvious) second one is an Mitsu Evo V.

Very good info in both these threads.
          No Honda There will be one eventually...
          1996 Volvo 960 2.5i 24v autotragic

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei View Post
            This tag is from my home prefecture. Looks legit. But, I don't know about 52. It was 55 for regular cars under 2000cc when I was there.

Anywho
            Last edited by oyajicool; 03-07-2013, 05:11 PM.
            A&P-IA

Comment

FMHE........................................... japan and australia.

USA: = FMIC

Photos of the SC?
              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post

Photos of the SC?
                it looks more like an air-water heat exchanger to me?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

We still call them intercoolers, rather it be air to air intercooler, or a water to air intercooler. I don;t know why.....

Lets see his oil heat exchanger, coolant heat exchanger, power sterring heat exchanger, air heat exchanger, and brake heat exchanger... and possibly transmission heat exchanger.................

uhhhgggg what a mouthfull.

why they call headers extractors is beyond me as well. but it makes for good tv.
                  "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo_p View Post
                    Here's a good read on twincharging:
                    http://www.rx7club.com/build-threads...-twins-940240/

and this one:
                    http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=267889

First one is a RX-7 (kinda obvious) second one is an Mitsu Evo V.

Very good info in both these threads.
                    Thanks! that will be good reading material later at work.

Anyways here is my "small" update that is non supercharger related.

My cars paint was seriously ugly after the clearcoat started peeling like cancer. I totally neglected washing the car since it just made the clear worser and flake off more like it had a bad case of dandruff or something. I finally made the decision to paint my car. I wanted all the noticeable dents taken out and the JDM bumper scuffs from the previous jdm owners accident taken out.

I wanted to do a non flaked black this time and almost did a deep black pearl....however I wanted a more different meaner look for my car this time.

I decided to go with a satin/matte black or what some of my close friends call "Gotham Black" Dropped the car off to Maaco after seeing how my friends SRT4 came out. Well obviously everyone knows that every Maaco is different and is only as good as it's techs skills coz overall my Carbon hood that was recleared came out surprisingly new... but there are some spots the missed on the actual paint job that pissed me off. Overspray, runs and thin areas need to be addressed and it will be going in the booth again within a few weeks! Being my daily I gotta make special arrangements to let them have the car again.

Here is a sneak preview of how it stands so far. We had crappy cloudy/rainy weather that day so I couldn't get real good shots. When it's sunny I'll take shots of the imperfections that need to be addressed. They obviously rushed my car and when they said it was "done" they didn't even account for the extra parts I wanted painted.

This is the look I was going for. I want to keep the chrome accents but i'm debating on the door handles right now. I'm thinking about getting some 16inch DR or Rota M7 knockoffs and getting them painted matte for beater rims. I would love to Re barrel my Mugens to 16s or find some rare NSX 17inch 5lug M7s

Anyways enjoy! More updates to come...

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
                    1999 CL 3.0
                    2000 Prelude

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                      This tag is from my home prefecture. Looks legit. But, I don't know about 52. It was 55 for regular cars under 2000cc when I was there.

Anywho
                      It's a legit lightup japanese plate For green/white plates the numbers can be anywhere from 0-99. Pre 1971 plates omit this rule.

My other 19 series

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
                      1999 CL 3.0
                      2000 Prelude

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post

Photos of the SC?
                        I haven't taken it out since I proved the bottom mounting base fitting a F22a6 manifold. It's just a typical 97up Jackson Racing supercharger.

Here it is sitting pretty wrapped up in my cabinet. Is there a certain angle or spot you want to see on the supercharger let me know! I'll be happy to snap photos if any of you guys want to see how it looks regarding the F manifold.

I am the Yakuza CB7!

"The JDM Fleet"

1994 Prelude V-Tec
                        1999 CL 3.0
                        2000 Prelude

Comment

the earl scieb that i brough tmy car to, they stole all my change in my ash tray which was like 2 dollars lol. guess i paid for somebody's lunch that day.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
                            It's a legit lightup japanese plate For green/white plates the numbers can be anywhere from 0-99. Pre 1971 plates omit this rule.
                            That's cool. My memory is from 1970's. It was 55 for under 2000 and 33 for over for passenger cars. There was a little "wow" factor in having 33 on upper right on the tags back then. In the 60's, as a kid, I remember having ”自家用” painted on lower part of front doors on my father's car for "private use". Good ol' days.
                            A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                            X