Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lights, Rust, And One SuperN00b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights, Rust, And One SuperN00b

Hey guys, I am new here. Very excited to be a part of this community.

Anyway, so my issue is with my driver's side corner light, the signal light in the front next to the head light.

Now that we have identified the location, here is my problemo...

When I turn the car off and walk away, the light stays on. It is not as bright as when the car is on, but it's on. The passenger side os completely off.
    ??? What do I do?!?!

Problem #2: there is a crapload of rust around my rear wheels and quarter panels. How can I minimize and prevent? Also, in my trunk there is so much rust that I can see the pavement :'(. This is only in the far left corner neat the wheel well. Water must be coming from somewhere. Does anyone have experience withthis?

Oh, and another issue is that my glovebox is sorta warped and when I close it, the right side does not close the left side. So the contact point that turns off the light does make contact.

Thanks for reading guys and I hope I can be helped!!
    Originally posted by cb7dazz
    And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    ...for example

so your battery doesnt drain , remove the negative terminal on your battery (-) .

most cb's have this rust issue, probably from multiple things, sun roof(if you have one) , power antenna , salt , etc. only way to fix it is to cut it out and have patch panels put in place of them.

as for the glovebox , you can remove it , the bracket for mine is broke so i took it out.

Comment

Here's how to deal with the rust.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180806

The water now is coming through all the rust holes. Initially, there are a number of sources for the water in addition to the antenna and sun roof: water trapped in the rubber molding around the wheel well lip, tail light gaskets, vent gasket, rear window chrome clips, leak around the fuel filler.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

my honda crx used to do the same thing with the parking light, one would stay on after the car was turned off. I had to turn the lights on/off then hit the hi beams a few times and eventually it went out. Wound up being a bad headlight switch on the column.

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
          my honda crx used to do the same thing with the parking light, one would stay on after the car was turned off. I had to turn the lights on/off then hit the hi beams a few times and eventually it went out. Wound up being a bad headlight switch on the column.

My brake lamp light is on in the cluster. Do any of you guys think that the turn signal bulb staying on has to do with this issue? I am thinking maybe the wiring for both lamps "cross paths" and maybe one is tripping the other?

What I am asking is that if I resolve the brake lamp issue, do you think it will solve the turn signal issue? I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.. Lol

Thanks for the help
          And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
          ...for example

Comment

There is a TSB for the glove box i found it doing a search on the forum, kinda guides you as far as trying to realign it. It should pop right up in the search if you search glovebox. I too have a bit of rust and as said you have to cut it and patch new metal i plan on having this done most likely the next warm season. But for a bandaid right now i bought POR15 to cover what rust there is so it doesn't spread any further/get any worse, until i can get around to getting it fixed proper. Id suggest doing the same. Good luck with the car

Comment

Thanks for the info on glovebox. I ended up hitting the u shaped ring up towards the windshield with a hammer. The glovebox now turns off the glovebox light when closed.

I asked a body shop guy about the light never turning off. He mentioned that my left driver side fender (same side as the light that never shuts off) was hit somehow. I failed to mention this in my first post. Anyway, the body shop guy said that when cars are involved in accidents like this, this usually happens and what it means is that a wire for my corner light has been clipped or kinked.

Does anyone have any experience with this specific scenario and how I go about fixing it?

Please help, thanks, talk soon
              ...for example

Comment

Originally posted by muhammedmian View Post
                My brake lamp light is on in the cluster. Do any of you guys think that the turn signal bulb staying on has to do with this issue? I am thinking maybe the wiring for both lamps "cross paths" and maybe one is tripping the other?

What I am asking is that if I resolve the brake lamp issue, do you think it will solve the turn signal issue? I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.. Lol
                The left front turn signal staying on shouldn't have anything to do with the "Brake Lamp" warning signal being on.

The coupe I bought recently had the "Brake Lamp" warning indicator in the dash on all the time even though all the brake lights worked. I replaced both brake light sensors (small electrical boxes in the tail light housings) and it appears to have solved the problem.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Pull the signal out and electrical tape the wires and put it back together. I'm betting the wires were routed the wrong way and damaged like this:

Mine were so bad I just replaced the pigtails entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                    The left front turn signal staying on shouldn't have anything to do with the "Brake Lamp" warning signal being on.

The coupe I bought recently had the "Brake Lamp" warning indicator in the dash on all the time even though all the brake lights worked. I replaced both brake light sensors (small electrical boxes in the tail light housings) and it appears to have solved the problem.
                    Is the brake light sensor the white styrofoam box in the trunk near the inner portion of the brake light?

Mr. WildBill83, what is a pigtail?
                    Also, what wires are you talking about?
                    I noticed that in my corner light there are two sockets but only one of them actually do something. The two wires for these 2 sockets are wrapped into one wire that is held inside some kind of rubber hose. This one wire is very stiff and leaves me little to none slack. Am j just ripping off the existing wire insulation and applying electrical tape for the part of wire that I can see/touch?

Please elaborate

Thanks!
                    ...for example

Comment

Remove the corner signal and inspect for frayed wire, patch as needed. The wires should be behind the light bracket, if they are in front of it that is where it is routed wrong. Don't be afraid to remove the wire loom, it generally can be replaced easily. Also, both sockets are active, one is for running/parking lights and the other is for turn signal.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        Remove the corner signal and inspect for frayed wire, patch as needed. The wires should be behind the light bracket, if they are in front of it that is where it is routed wrong. Don't be afraid to remove the wire loom, it generally can be replaced easily. Also, both sockets are active, one is for running/parking lights and the other is for turn signal.

Thanks for your response, bill.

I cut off the wire loom and did indeed find a split on the insulation on the black wire that connects the two sockets. I wrapped some electrical tape and put a regular incandescent light bulb and it did not light up with the car. (The LED bulb did light up when in the socket with the car off)

Anyway I swapped sockets from both left and right signal lamps and the mentioned issue was now present in the other lamp. This leads me to believe the issue is with the socket. I did a google search and found that some led bulbs remain lightly powered when the switch is off because of some reason I didn't totally understand.

Can anyone clarify or share past experience?

Thanks again for the help, bill

Edit for people searching: the issue was with the led bulb. When i plugged in a regular bulb, there was no issue.
                        Last edited by muhammedmian; 01-04-2015, 11:30 AM.
                        ...for example

Comment

Working...
                        X