loss of power when VTEC engages?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loss of power when VTEC engages?!!!

Having some doubts got my car running recently had some issues with vtec engaging it now works but the crossover is really silent and no power gain after.
    *This is a built engine and i had plenty h22 before and know how vtec should engage.
    All wiring is good changed vtec solenoid as well and same thing
    I put my s300 and when it engages it bogs out really bad
    I also have a chipped ecu for a h22 and when i run the chipped ecu crossover is smooth but still no power gain and pop is really really quiet
    Any idead thnx in advance...

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
    "I ran open header once, it was sooooo loud little kids were running for cover as I was cruising at 2000rpms. That was enough to know I shouldn't floor it."
    Just noticed your sig. You're wrong, you should have floored it, at least once, or twice, or...

Sorry, can't help with your VTEC issue.
    Regards from Oz,
    John.

Comment

VTEC didn't kick in yo?

My guess is the tune is bad after the cross over or there is no cross over at all and the tune is treating it as if VTEC did kick in.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Can you inspect the VTEC solenoid? Are you sure it is even energizing?

Comment

Idk guys. I'm still stuck on this. Vtec solenoid has been already changed.

Comment

Wire a 12vdc light bulb where the VTEC connector goes and see if your harness turns on the bulb when VTEC should engage.

Comment

Working...
            X