Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Help!!! Boosted my h23a3 and it's blowing blue smoke!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
    Correct, on a Brand new stock block for about 10,000kms . . . Till it broke a ringland, Swapped in another Brand new block . . .
    Nek minnit . . .

Correct.
    With the same end result as my "old" Brand New F22
    You like doing things the hard way, eh?
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by danf20bcb7 View Post
      But think of it this way, if theyre gonna do it and want to do it even tho they still ask about it and get a bunch of donts, what do you think theyre actually going to do? i was just simply saying that your "EVERY" comment may not be as accurate. Granted ive seen loads of blown engines with the ringlands taken out from boost, nitrous.
      I am about to start my engine build and I saw quite a few people said that they ran boost on a stock engine. Pretty much it boils down to whether or not someone can make educated decisions for the future of their car. Whether or not you want to spend all that money to have a car that will run well anywhere from a few hours to a few years. Or going forward and thinking about having (with forged internals) years and not having to wonder if your going to blow your motor while driving to work or picking up your lassie for dinner.

If people take time to research what they are doing and weigh out the pro's and con's well the answer becomes pretty clear. If they don't listen well then that is their choice and may need to reassess their decision making abilities. Who knows they may get lucky but as I have found out with my CB7 they tend to have good days and bad days. You expect one thing and well another happens. At least when you go the safe route instead of a possible fatal route you have the peace of mind that your car is running in a safer and more reliable.

A bit off topic and probably a bit late but just had to say it. Cars are like girlfriends, if you treat them right things stay fine. But if you force things on them they don't like then they will fuck your shit up.

Comment

Originally posted by tabaccord19 View Post
        I am about to start my engine build and I saw quite a few people said that they ran boost on a stock engine. Pretty much it boils down to whether or not someone can make educated decisions for the future of their car. Whether or not you want to spend all that money to have a car that will run well anywhere from a few hours to a few years. Or going forward and thinking about having (with forged internals) years and not having to wonder if your going to blow your motor while driving to work or picking up your lassie for dinner.

If people take time to research what they are doing and weigh out the pro's and con's well the answer becomes pretty clear. If they don't listen well then that is their choice and may need to reassess their decision making abilities. Who knows they may get lucky but as I have found out with my CB7 they tend to have good days and bad days. You expect one thing and well another happens. At least when you go the safe route instead of a possible fatal route you have the peace of mind that your car is running in a safer and more reliable.

A bit off topic and probably a bit late but just had to say it. Cars are like girlfriends, if you treat them right things stay fine. But if you force things on them they don't like then they will fuck your shit up.
        Very well put indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
          You like doing things the hard way, eh?
          I did the old carb setup when Jose and MRX were still around, It was years ago when there was much less info available!!

As for my old build, Well it was purely a project car, downtime didn't matter to me, and the parts were pratically free anyway

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
          X