Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rear Window Windshield Moldings Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Window Windshield Moldings Help?

Hi guys I am new and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions about this!

I had a question for all you guys if you ever had a your windshield (rear) moldings just die on you and pop out? And if so how were you guys able to fix it or make it better? Right now it just has nothing on the lining of the windshield. So I was not sure on what to do because if I had tried to get some from the junk yard I will either be lucky or just end up empty handed. So with this in mind please let me know? And I looked up on ebay for one that was not the OEM one of it but like just a rubber stripping instead so I was not sure if that would work as well?

Thank you guys!

Honda Accord 91 ~ F22A1 ~ Mindy ~

Good luck. Mine were dented over the years and I kept an eye out for 8 years for these parts. Some I had shipped to me, and others I had someone take them off their car before it went to the junk yard.

Comment

Aww man okay thanks for the reply man. Do you think that taking them off a car in the junk yard would be the cheaper option or like looking on the internet or dealer? Or just filling it up with some silicon paste into it?

Comment

Vincevox
        Dont use silicone. A few months ago, i was chasing a leak. I suspected a few places and i gl8bbed a bunch of silicone everywhere. A month later after my silicone job, i puled the trigger and requested safelite to replace my front windshield. Well, the technician said not to use silicone on your car. Silicone corrodes the area where silicone is touching. I really didnt research anything into that advice. I just took it face value. Food for thought.

Comment

Are they popping out at the top, sides, or bottom? It matters because the bottom is held by eight screw clips that require some finesse to get out without breaking things.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by ca93accord View Post
            Vincevox
            Dont use silicone. A few months ago, i was chasing a leak. I suspected a few places and i gl8bbed a bunch of silicone everywhere. A month later after my silicone job, i puled the trigger and requested safelite to replace my front windshield. Well, the technician said not to use silicone on your car. Silicone corrodes the area where silicone is touching. I really didnt research anything into that advice. I just took it face value. Food for thought.
            So pretty much I should avoid that and try to get the clips in place? It sucks cause they were popping and I took them out thinking that I could easily replace them but they ended up being very hard to find and finding them at the junk yard would have been not a great turn out because of the fact they are highly messed up :/

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              Are they popping out at the top, sides, or bottom? It matters because the bottom is held by eight screw clips that require some finesse to get out without breaking things.
              So they top one was pooping out but I made the mistake of just taking it out. My dad actually had did a silicone job on it before and just slapped the moldings on it. So I thought of taking them all off and wanted to replace them but it was very hard to find them and they arent that easy to find so i was hoping if you guys had suggestions on other methods

Comment

vincevox
                my momz lives in whittier. lol. next time i am around socal, i might have to meet up to see your CB7

ok my ride doesn't have that problem right now so i can't imagine what you are looking at or dealing with. are you able to take picture of your problems?

Comment

Originally posted by ca93accord View Post
                  vincevox
                  my momz lives in whittier. lol. next time i am around socal, i might have to meet up to see your CB7

ok my ride doesn't have that problem right now so i can't imagine what you are looking at or dealing with. are you able to take picture of your problems?
                  Haha small world man , and yeah man for sure bro . Ill try to take a picture about it sometime. I have been so busy with work and everything.

Comment

Here is pretty much what om working witj. My dad before had put in some silicone under the moldings and they were popping out but I took them out so now it's just in need of replacement

Comment

These clips for the sides and top are still available according to Majestic:

91530-SM4-003 024 004 CLIP, RR. WINDSHIELD SIDE MOLDING

91535-SM4-003 025 003 CLIP, RR. WINDSHIELD MOLDING (UPPER) (BLACK)

91541-SM4-003 026 008 CLIP ASSY., RR. WINDSHIELD SIDE MOLDING (BLUE)

The eight screw clips across the bottom show as no longer available. If you're careful, they can be removed by unscrewing the screw (not all the way), then push the screw in, then lift the clip. The screws/clips are hidden under the rubber skirt on the bottom of the rear trim. If you have access to a hair dryer/heat gun, it helps to heat the rubber to soften it before trying to lift it up to access the screws. Keep your eyes open for good trim, don't separate the clips from the trim if you don't have to because they can be difficult to reinstall.

You may be able to get some of the clips from a glass installer much cheaper. I think the clip kit for the last front windshield I had replaced was about $10.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

These clips for the sides and top are still available according to Majestic:

91530-SM4-003 024 004 CLIP, RR. WINDSHIELD SIDE MOLDING

91535-SM4-003 025 003 CLIP, RR. WINDSHIELD MOLDING (UPPER) (BLACK)

91541-SM4-003 026 008 CLIP ASSY., RR. WINDSHIELD SIDE MOLDING (BLUE)

The eight screw clips across the bottom show as no longer available. If you're careful, they can be removed by unscrewing the screw (not all the way), then push the screw in, then lift the clip. The screws/clips are hidden under the rubber skirt on the bottom of the rear trim. If you have access to a hair dryer/heat gun, it helps to heat the rubber to soften it before trying to lift it up to access the screws. Keep your eyes open for good trim, don't separate the clips from the trim if you don't have to because they can be difficult to reinstall.

You may be able to get some of the clips from a glass installer much cheaper. I think the clip kit for the last front windshield I had replaced was about $10.
                        Thanks for the feedback fleet! But Majestic what exactly is that? Sorry i have not heard of it.

Comment

Sorry, Majestic Honda, www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Comment

Sorry, Majestic Honda, www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
                            Thank you for your help man! So they are just an an oem seller of any honda parts? And so should I just clean out the silicon on there and just get the clips and modlings?

Comment

Another question guys!

What is the easiest amd safest way to take out the moldings? So like when I go to the junkyard if anything to have it out correctly and usable?

Thanks again guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X