Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Overheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheat

Ok so i have had this problem for a while and it has gotten worse now. My passenger side radiator fan always used to come on for no reason and drain my battery so we disconnected it. But i recently connected it back up and the fan would sometimes turn on with the lights. But the other fan would run normally. Now both fans do not run anymore and when i turn on the car the passenger side fan like turns half way and clicks then stops and the other one does nothing.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

thanks,

I would start looking around for wires touching. The fans should not be turning on your headlights. Maybe someone ran the wires to a constant 12v source.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
      I would start looking around for wires touching. The fans should not be turning on your headlights. Maybe someone ran the wires to a constant 12v source.
      Hmm yeah it is actually my lights turning on the one fan. Our mechanic actually cut the one wire to the fan because it would never turn off and i taped it together but he only cut the one wire to i don't think they would be touching.

But why is it clicking?

Comment

I think you should take it off the headlight and wire it correctly. Maybe the fan fried.
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

I think you should take it off the headlight and wire it correctly. Maybe the fan fried.
          Thank you for the response i will probably have to do that.
          I can get the fans to work now because i plug came lose but now when i turn the key as far as it will go without starting it the one fan comes on sometimes If it does come on, when i start it from there both fans turn on once engine is started but if the engine is off and the key is turned as far as it will go the fan turns on but when i turn on the lights the fans both turn off. There is a buzzing sound coming from what seems like the passenger side headlight or somewhere close to there.

Does anyone know what exactly the buzzing could be?
          It is not doing it on the headlight on the other side.

Thanks,

Comment

The fans come on automatically once the car is shut off to help cool the motor down. They turn off eventually.

The buzzing sound I can't really help you with unless I was listening to it. Does it sound like electricity??
            1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

The fans come on automatically once the car is shut off to help cool the motor down. They turn off eventually.

The buzzing sound I can't really help you with unless I was listening to it. Does it sound like electricity??
              The fans like never come on after tho. Only when the key is in and turned.

Yes it does kinda sound like electricity i think. Maybe there is like some screwed up wire there or crossed wires or something.

That buzzing only happens when the lights are on and the fans are supposed to be on but they aren't.

Do you know how hard it is to take out a headlight to see?

Comment

taking out the headlight won't help, all the wiring should be right there.

There's a fan sensor around the distributor area, its a green plug, check to see if those wires are just crossed instead of being plugged. I think you have more than one problem to deal with here.
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Yeah i know i got a pretty big problem.

I don't know if it would be connected to it. But i live in Canada and we have day time running lights and it is supposed to be the brights right? Well it is the dim's that are on but the brights work perfectly still and sometimes the dims will just shut off and if you pound the hood they will start up again. but if you have the lights turned on they will stay on all the time.

But i don't really care about that i just want my fans running normal so i dont have to worry about them anymore.

But yeah i am going to look all over for any crossed wires and such

Comment

Ok i pulled the fuse to the right headlight and my day time running lights turned on and the fans worked perfectly lol

Comment

Working...
                    X