Blacking out your tails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacking out your tails

I found this article on how to paint your tails black with the testors brand model paint, which is what most people use for the all red tails diy. anyways here the article http://www.legend.org/performance/tu...aillights.html
    Do you all think it would look good, im very seriously thinking about doing it to my car in my attempts to black it out. Also, do you all think it would be bright enough when shining through? And does anyone know anyone who has done this? Thanks for the replies in advance.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Cool, i might go for broke and do it all pretty soon, was the light still pretty visible through it after you did it?

Comment

a friend of mine tinted the bottom of this 93 sedan's taillights and it looked P-H-A-T. But i'm wondering if this is legal? i mean it's not like it's DOT approved. Won't tinting the lights decrease the efficiency in other drivers seeing your brake lights?
      "Now why you got's to go and take me back to where i came from? I'ma MAKE YOU REMEMBER where you know my name from!"

Comment

Thats what i was thinking too, but i still want light to shine through, just when the lights arent on, i want them to just look like they are blended un with the car. I dont think the all red is technically dot approved either since its a diy, but since its all red and not something else, i havent heard on any cops all like heres a ticket, those arent dot approved. So all in all, it might not be dot legal, but hopefully it wont dull the light to the point to where thats a problem. And the tint is supposed to be transparent for light, so i hope not.

Comment

if he had a 93 and he tinted the bottom, he would be doing his turnies/reverse lights, so no it wouldnt affect brake light output. and it depends how much tint was used as to how dim the light is. ill be doing this very soon to my 92 coupe, but im not making it black, just a reallt dark dark amber
          MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
          i pulled over and looked under the hood.
          the engine was still there...
          ...silly light!

Comment

btw: link in the 1st post is now a dead link.
            Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
            2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
            2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
            2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

your mom is now a dead link.
              i kid i kid.
              i eventually ended up doing this and it was mad phat. theres another thread on it somewhere with the finished product, and pictures of it in my members ride thread

Comment

Working...
              X