owequitit: 1973 Datsun PL620

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owequitit
    It sounds like an old car, or a crop duster! LOL! This is going to be fun.
    ROFL

Comment

Crop duster FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
        That's awesome! I always like the 521 as well, and oddly, it seems like stuff is more readily available for them. At least for what I have found so far. Eventually, this one will get a full frame off restoration, but for now, it is a canvas.

I can't imagine how that thing goes. I know a 620 with a built L20 will hold off some pretty nasty shit!
        Yea, that 2JZ is more than enough power for the 521. It also helps that it has the front and rear suspension from an 89 Toyota Supra. Shaved damn near everything(almost 10k hours in body work). Ran a 9.70 in the 1/8 with NO traction in 1st and part of 2nd and running out of fuel in the top end.
        1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
        4.0L I-6 2WD
        293k miles, still running strong.
        Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

you guys probably wouldnt believe it but i was in one of these datsun trucks with a built l20 in it doing well close to 140 and it was very very quick off the line. i cant wait to see scott dig into this lil truck. if it comes out like his accord then it will be awesome. i still think we should drop the 429 in my garage in there.lol.
          im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
          93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
          90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
          91 se accord 4 door SOLD
          92 lx accord coupe SOLD
          93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
          92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
          93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
          92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Originally posted by ray ray
            you guys probably wouldnt believe it but i was in one of these datsun trucks with a built l20 in it doing well close to 140 and it was very very quick off the line. i cant wait to see scott dig into this lil truck. if it comes out like his accord then it will be awesome. i still think we should drop the 429 in my garage in there.lol.

Yeah right!
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Long time since the last update. There wasn't much to report, because it is hard to find shit for these. Especially if you don't want to pay an astronomical amount for shipping etc.

Picked up a new hood a few weeks ago, and 2 doors and some various other little stuff today.

I found two in the junkyard, so I am going to go visit them again next weekend so I can find what I want. The upside is that the doors I found were complete, had both window regulators, window glass, and door panels. The center insert in the door panels aren't in good shape, but it will be very easy to recover these. This will at least to get the cab sealed up. I also have a line on two more replacement engines, and may pick up a tranny and engine, although, I doubt it.

I think I am going to have this towed to my parents where it can sit in the sun and I can have room to work on it. That way, I can pull everything off the frame and work on it. Unless I decide to sign up for some autobody classes. We will see.

Comment

Glad to see an update on this, however small.

You should go for the autobody classes. I am planning on taking some here pretty soon.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335 View Post
                  I know right...i havent seen one of these in a minute...ru putting int a rotary or ru rebuilding the origional motor..
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR View Post
                    I know right...i havent seen one of these in a minute...ru putting int a rotary or ru rebuilding the origional motor..
                    It is going to ultimately get a rebuilt L20B.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                      Glad to see an update on this, however small.

You should go for the autobody classes. I am planning on taking some here pretty soon.
                      Yeah, the only problem is I already work 12 hours a day, practically six days a week, and I am already taking Master's classes, so time would be slim. It would probably be worth it though.

Comment

Working...
                      X