No announcement yet.

INT: OEM style amber light conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok cool, will work on getting new bulbs!

heres a new one for you guys.
    the diffuser on the top of the cluster, what did you guys do with that? did you color it or make a new one. i colored mine orange and it turned out red. not really diggin it.
    The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
    James 4:7
    Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

Originally posted by konig52r View Post
      ok cool, will work on getting new bulbs!

heres a new one for you guys.
      the diffuser on the top of the cluster, what did you guys do with that? did you color it or make a new one. i colored mine orange and it turned out red. not really diggin it.
      My whole gauge cluster has been replaced with one from a prelude.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

If i was to use a red translucent paper instead of amber how would it look?? would it look pink? cause i want it to look red

Comment

Originally posted by Sneakerhead28 View Post
          If i was to use a red translucent paper instead of amber how would it look?? would it look pink? cause i want it to look red
          If you were to use a thick enough red filter.

Comment

ill be doing this once i get a bb6 cluster and that will be when i get an h22
            looks awesome though and i cant wait
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167601 Click to see my new ride

Comment

any quick tip on how to make the Type R white clock into amber? or would i have to convert the leds on it? or just buy a JDM TYPE R AMber clock?
              " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Originally posted by LoS HimSelF View Post
                any quick tip on how to make the Type R white clock into amber? or would i have to convert the leds on it? or just buy a JDM TYPE R AMber clock?
                You can probably change the filter on it. Cp[mike] had a DIY on it around here somewhere, but it is probably easier to just buy an amber one.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  When I did my amber, I didn't make any filters for the switches, I just pulled out the blue parts and colored the bulbs. At first I used Chevy Orange engine paint, they came out a reddish-orange color when lit. Then I discovered that sharpies are way easier and cleaner. I did make filters for behind the knobs out of clear plastic from a juice bottle colored with the sharpie. I couldn't find any folders that were a deep orange color.
                  damn, i like the sharpies idea eric

Comment

Working...
                  X