Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best wagon currently in production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best wagon currently in production?

I love wagons. New wagons are surprisingly attractive, and I can't decide which one I like the most! I thought it would be a fun discussion topic, since we have quite a few other wagon lovers on here.

Let's keep it to current wagon offerings only. I know the 2nd gen CTS-V wagon, TSX wagon, and a bunch of others are cool... but it makes for a better comparison to focus strictly on models currently on the market.

Here are my current favorites:

Volvo V90

With a possible 315hp and AWD, it's a pretty cool car. The T8 version is supposed to make closer to (or possibly more than) 400hp. I did sit in one at the auto show this year, and I didn't like the feel as much as I had hoped, though. Gone are the plush thrones of years past. The seat was firm. Almost German-like.

Mercedes-Benz E Class

With AWD and a twin-turbo V6 making 329hp, this is a pretty badass machine as well. That sloping rear end is what does it for me. I haven't been as impressed with modern Mercedes-Benz interiors as I had hoped, but I would still love one of these things.

BMW 330i Sport Wagon

I'm not a fan of the BMW 330i Sport Wagon. It looks blobby, only comes with a weak 4 cylinder or a weaker diesel, and has no manual transmission option. I realize the Volvo and Benz are automatics as well, but I feel a smaller, less powerful 3 Series wagon should have the benefit of a row-your-own gearbox! I'm not a fan of BMW's overall styling lately as it is.

What do you guys and gals think? What other currently offered wagons do you like, and why? You can pick models that aren't available in the US if you wish, as long as they're current.
    I may open it up to older models if the conversation starts to stall... I know there are quite a few older wagons I'd love to dream about!

Yumm ... howabout the Aston Martin Rapide?

This thing is nutz sexy ..

Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 05-27-2017, 05:02 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

For when James Bond discovers he has kids? I love it. I think even my wife would approve! She's not a fan of wagons.

Comment

Man...the Aston needs to be lowered about 1.5"

I want to say the Kia Stinger, the Audi A5 Sportback, Audi A7, Tesla Model S, Panamera Turbo? Or are those hatchbacks?

The V90 and E63 AMG wagons (true wagons, imo) are my favorites. :drool:

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Porsche Panamera. 570hp with AWD in the Turbo S model. Easy choice for me.
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

A4/5 Audis and those E Class wagons are the easy choice. Audi is winning imho for most aesthetically pleasing cars on the road. The rest of the wagons out now are basically squished SUV's. I'm surprised nobody posted the WRX wagon. Though for me, it ended with the blobeye & bugeye models.

Comment

I think the only wagon Audi has right now is the AllRoad, which is practically an SUV now as well. Their older stuff (and probably stuff in other markets that I'm not aware of) was awesome. It was actually an older Audi wagon that inspired this thread!

The A5 Sportback, A7, and even Panamera are more hatchbacks than wagons... though the Panamera does blur the lines quite a bit. Apparently the upcoming Panamera Sport Turismo is a legit wagon version, though.

Comment

Does Subaru even have wagons in the states anymore? Not wagon turned SUV like the current Outback. I miss those old Legacy GT wagons.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I loved the Legacy wagons too! I don't think Subaru has any wagons in the US anymore.
                  They do have the Levorg in other countries, though... and it's pretty rad.

(sorry for the giant pic... it's my favorite one.)

Apparently there's an STi version, making proper STi power (296hp, I believe)... but like the lesser models, it still runs solely through a CVT.

Comment

I nominate the Audi RS6:
                    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                    X