CD5 Half Shaft Compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD5 Half Shaft Compatible?

Doing a 5sp conversion and was wondering if the half, intermediate, mid shaft from a 94-97 accord is the same as the 90-93 version. Also would it bolt up to an H22A tranny correctly? (M2A4) Looking at the conversion parts list, it says use the shaft from the same year accord. I've had no luck with finding one from a CB7 at the local junkyards.

The best way to see if the parts are the same is to get ahold of the OEM part numbers; for example, use Majestic Honda's exploded diagrams.

94 Accord half Shaft #14

90 Accord half shaft #18

You're in luck, the part numbers are the same, 44500-SM4-020. If they were different, the part numbers would be different.
    So next time if you need to compare something, do it this way so you don't have to wait all day for someone to reply back. I mean you're probably eager to get the conversion started at least.
    Last edited by Leung; 10-10-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I never that you could go about checking that way.

Comment

Originally posted by KanYarK View Post
        Awesome, thanks for the reply. I never that you could go about checking that way.
        Yeah it's one of the many things you can learn from this forum and it's knowledgable people.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          The best way to see if the parts are the same is to get ahold of the OEM part numbers; for example, use Majestic Honda's exploded diagrams.

94 Accord half Shaft #14

90 Accord half shaft #18

You're in luck, the part numbers are the same, 44500-SM4-020. If they were different, the part numbers would be different.
          So next time if you need to compare something, do it this way so you don't have to wait all day for someone to reply back. I mean you're probably eager to get the conversion started at least.

Use rockauto.com and click the blue part number and it will show all the vehicles it goes to or crosses to.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post

Use rockauto.com and click the blue part number and it will show all the vehicles it goes to or crosses to.
            just tried that, it always pops up a small window that says refer to catalog for application details.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
              just tried that, it always pops up a small window that says refer to catalog for application details.
              I don't have a problem with it on several different computers I use. Must be on your browser. I use IE and Chrome.

Comment

Working...
              X