What I do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I do.

Here is a video of part of my job. I am the instructor in the back seat. Definitely the best part of my job, although the rest is pretty good too. I will try to post more later.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

I can barely let someone else drive, let alone let someone else fly.

However, that is pretty damn cool. Well put together video too. How long have you been doing that for?

Comment

My dad used to fly little planes like that for fun. As terrified as I am of heights, I really liked being up in those. I just also suffer from motion sickness, so at the same time it was awful

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Is that all part of getting your pilots license?
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

That's really cool Scott. I knew you flew but didn't know it was stuff like this.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I'll be puking all over the places if I did that. So, I stay on the ground wrenching as an AP-IA.

ERAU didn't have that program 33 years ago, I think. Not in Daytona while I was there at least........

In any case, cool job, cool video.

Be safe.
            Last edited by oyajicool; 04-30-2013, 06:03 AM.
            A&P-IA

Comment

What is that solid piece that the video keeps cutting to? It almost looks like a piece of propeller attached to the wing.
              MRT
              37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
              30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
              27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
              Originally posted by Tippey764
              I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
              Originally posted by deevergote
              sneaky motherfucker

Comment

That's really cool! I would love to fly like that some day. The feeling of freedom must be unbelievable in a small plane like that.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                  What is that solid piece that the video keeps cutting to? It almost looks like a piece of propeller attached to the wing.
                  It must be wing strut that you are referring.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

that is really cool! as soon as i get a nice steady pay with my A&P my plan is to get my private, ifr, and CFL. I might get my multi engine after that. i don't know yet
                    visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                      It must be wing strut that you are referring.
                      Thats what I thought it was too. I don't know shit about planes. Looked like a strut assembly or an adjustable strut bar?

Very cool job man!!
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Aw shucks, I want to see(no worky at worky)

Yea, he certifies people to fly if irc.

Like I said, I can't see the video, but im guessing it's a uncontrolled spin followed by regaining control??

Comment

That was pretty cool. I couldn't do it though. I can hardly be in a car with someone else driving. Guess you've got good students and bad ones too though.
                          My Car
                          FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                            I can barely let someone else drive, let alone let someone else fly.

However, that is pretty damn cool. Well put together video too. How long have you been doing that for?
                            I have been flying for 15 years now, have been instructing for 7 and have been doing this course for almost 3.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                            My dad used to fly little planes like that for fun. As terrified as I am of heights, I really liked being up in those. I just also suffer from motion sickness, so at the same time it was awful
                            Oddly enough, a ton of pilots are scared of heights. The acrophobia goes away once you get away from the ground though. Don't ask me why, but it does. I am not afraid of heights though, LOL.

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                            Is that all part of getting your pilots license?
                            No, this is an optional course that students take to learn how to recover from upset situations like really severe turbulence or wake turbulence. It also serves as an introduction to aerobatics, so that anybody who is curious about them can see what it is like. It also allows them to see what an airplane can do at the edge of its envelope, which transfers to regular flying too, even though they won't be doing such maneuvers in regular airplanes.

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                            That's really cool Scott. I knew you flew but didn't know it was stuff like this.
                            This was just a small sampling of the flight. Essentially, we fly most of the maneuvers that would be used in a mid-level aerobatics competition. Obviously, the student was doing the majority of the flying as well.

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                            I'll be puking all over the places if I did that. So, I stay on the ground wrenching as an AP-IA.

ERAU didn't have that program 33 years ago, I think. Not in Daytona while I was there at least........

In any case, cool job, cool video.

Be safe.
                            Haha. Yeah. This program came about in approximately 2000 as the industry saw a need for the skills taught in this course. It just so happened that we had a few ex-military guys who were aerobatic competitors that were able to get it started.

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                            That is the wing strut. It helps triangulate the wing to increase its strength.

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                            That's really cool! I would love to fly like that some day. The feeling of freedom must be unbelievable in a small plane like that.
                            It is intense. Like I told Mike, this is just a few of the maneuvers we do, and this is the more official school version. I hopefully plan to put together my own version of it eventually.

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                            that is really cool! as soon as i get a nice steady pay with my A&P my plan is to get my private, ifr, and CFL. I might get my multi engine after that. i don't know yet
                            Just start with your private and go from there. There are many options and no need to rush.

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                            Thats what I thought it was too. I don't know shit about planes. Looked like a strut assembly or an adjustable strut bar?

Very cool job man!!
                            It is a strut. It is adjustable to change the tension on the wing and I believe that is how they adjust the washout as well.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            Aw shucks, I want to see(no worky at worky)

Yea, he certifies people to fly if irc.

Like I said, I can't see the video, but im guessing it's a uncontrolled spin followed by regaining control??
                            Haha. Close.

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                            That was pretty cool. I couldn't do it though. I can hardly be in a car with someone else driving. Guess you've got good students and bad ones too though.
                            There is always a spectrum of students. However, it has been my experience that as long as the student possesses a minimum level of capability, the rest is based on the quality of the flight instruction.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

J e a l o u s

Comment

Working...
                              X