Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Want To Build A Small Country...

Yes, you read it right.

I don't have all the details worked out, but it can be done this day and age. I'll be designing/building/engineering with much of what we learned over the past 200 years. Your input is very welcome about needs.

It would roughly be ~50,000 mi^2 (just a tad larger than Pennsylvania, and I would like to position it approximately 26, -135) (more details will be worked out later after studying weather patterns, ocean patterns, etc).

This thread will be something that I'll build on to constantly to keep me focused on a project that doesn't cost anything but time. Let's assume that I'm paying myself $2403.85/hour for this project.

I'll try to include every aspect of this country (including but not limited to: land, mountains, rivers, lakes, airports, bridges, resorts, shipyards, farms, amusement/attractions, rail system, transportation, etc.). Stay tuned.

For now, the tentative name for this country is ACTPAP (until I can find a more solid name that I like).

*I have to go to the store to get a composition book and tracing paper for documentation.
    Last edited by Straight Success; 06-20-2015, 06:25 PM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Land Structure & Build (Infastructure)

Tentative idea.

Regions/Area:

North West - Rural/Predominantly farm land and country
    West - City of Industry (West)/Suburbanish
    South West - Business districts/Suburbs
    South - City of Industry (South)/Harbor/Port/Shipyard/Docks
    South East - Beaches/Conurbation
    East - City of Industry (East)/Urban
    North East - Urban Agglomeration
    North - Mountains (extending from the central portion of the country)
    Central - Downtown/Major City (starting at the base of the mountains and contouring to where the river banks meet)
    Last edited by Straight Success; 06-20-2015, 05:40 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Government And Politics

Reserved 2.
      Last edited by Straight Success; 06-20-2015, 12:16 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Reserved 3.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Reserved 4.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Reserved 5.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Reserved 6.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Reserved 7.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Reserved 8.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Reserved 9.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Reserved 10.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Probably need a National Guard base for defense within the borders. Ive played enough Civilization games to know that Ghandi is a total dick.

Could probably cut down on airports to just one main in the center or the coast depending on where the larger metropolitan area is and one or two on the other ends.
                        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                          Probably need a National Guard base for defense within the borders. Ive played enough Civilization games to know that Ghandi is a total dick.

Could probably cut down on airports to just one main in the center or the coast depending on where the larger metropolitan area is and one or two on the other ends.
                          Judging by the size of Iceland (~40,000 mi.^2 - 3 airports), and driving through Pennsylvania (~46,000 mi.^2 - 7 majors airports, ~100 minor airports), I think having 2 international airports and a few smaller ones makes sense. It basically boils down to 1 airport per 10,000 mi.^2, which is a lot of land to cover.

Can you explain your logic as to why?

Also, I put the APs next to bodies of waters for a reason.

Defense wise, that'll be covered later. Stay tuned.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

This seems very interesting. What are your countries main exports going to be? And will the country be divided into regions, states? Captial?
                            Also what's the form of currency going to be?
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                              This seems very interesting. What are your countries main exports going to be? And will the country be divided into regions, states? Captial?
                              Also what's the form of currency going to be?
                              Very interesting questions. I love them. It's people like you that will help build this country.

Upon getting the country built, we need tons of money/Gold. The start up capital and how much we spend to get it fully functional will determine how much we have left. Ballpark estimates are roughly $0.8-1.2 Trillion (USD) to get it up and functioning properly. We will have many of the latest technologies, and electricity will be a primary source of power for everything. We will also keep Platinum, Gold, and Silver in reserves.

The country will be divided into 9 regions. Name and zoning will be figured out later during the building of the government.

N, NW, W, SW, S, SE, E, NE, Central (the 9 regions).

We will have a unique system where everything is electronic. It will keep a running track of all of money/investments/capital on many servers with many backups in place and a heavily guarded security systems (512 prime modulus elliptic curve public key cryptography and SHA-512 encryption or better). It will constantly be evolving. Any and all transactions will be done though the use of your fingerprint and DNA analysis (anywhere, anytime, with anyone) which will be linked to the secure system. This works for citizens, vacationers, children, basically everyone. Funds can be added, subtracted, transferred from outside sources just like ACH/electronic transfers done today. Everyone that steps foot in this country will be given EFC (Electronic Financial Card) which can be used to obtain money through a fingerprint and DNA for personal sales. Business will also get one. Only the owner can use the EFC as their fingerprint and DNA is needed to unlock it. The only way to use someone else's card will be to kill them, cut off their fingerprint (make duplicate prints), and have their DNA.

EDIT: Also, what if you don't have enough to buy something...

You can go into the negative, but there is a system for that also. You will not be charged for going into the negative. Please see the breakdown below.

Adults 18+: You can only go into the negative 1% of your annual salary for total purchases until a positive balance is established.
                              17 YOA: Maximum = $100.
                              16 YOA: Maximum = $75.
                              15 YOA: Maximum = $50.
                              14 YOA: Maximum = $25.
                              13 YOA: Maximum = $10.
                              Last edited by Straight Success; 06-21-2015, 02:40 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                              X