Sway bar bushing size question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sway bar bushing size question

i recently replaced all sway bar end links and the sway bar bushings and i came to this cross road when installed the bushings.

the OEM bushing was alot bigger and read [22.2mm] and the replacment Enegery Suspension Bushings were smaller in size and read [25mm]

My question is that being that the Energy Suspension bushing is obvisouly smaller is it going to affect on ride comfort as opposed to the beefier bushing

Thanks in Advance.
    Last edited by 93SM4_CB7; 06-03-2013, 08:08 PM.

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

The size of the bushing is inversely proportional to ride harshness. If this is the only thing changed on a suspension then I wouldn't expect much of a discernible difference but it exists. But, the greater the amount of material surrounding the sway bar the more room there is for flexibility. The lesser amount, the more rigid it is. The same applies to a spring. The less coils a spring of a like material has the more stiff it will be. There is a certain amount of flex in each coil and the more coils you have the more flex you will have.

Similar concepts. This is the idea behind those bushings, though. They are going for a stiffer bushing.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Are the sway bar bushings and end links the same for the front and the back ?
      10th Anniversary Accord.
      05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
        Are the sway bar bushings and end links the same for the front and the back ?
        No, the mounting bushings and endlinks are very diffrent design and sizes.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Ok thanks. I have a lot more research to do then.
          10th Anniversary Accord.
          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Working...
          X