Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the best TV series ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think is the best TV series ever?

Personally, I think Firefly might be my favorite of all time.

The overall space/western concept is just so perfectly executed. Ironically, I generally don't care for space or western themed stuff!
    The characters are all fantastic, and perfectly executed.
    The general storyline is great, as is the story within each individual episode.

I wish it ran longer than 14 episodes, but I think part of the magic is that it never had a chance to get stupid. It was amazing from the opening scene all the way to the final episode.

Serenity wrapped it up fairly well, though I don't feel it truly captured the same feel as the show. Though it did what it was supposed to do... give a sense of closure, while leaving the door open for the possibility of a return.

What do you consider to be the best show, and why? There's no right or wrong answer, but feel free to discuss.

The office(US).
    10th Anniversary Accord.
    05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Well imo it would be a tie between M.A.S.H. or Seinfeld.

Probably not hip among the peeps here, but they are definitely two of the best shows to ever air.

Depending on what genre you are talking though, it could change the answer.

Comment

Why?

Give at least a little bit of your reasons why... or it's no fun to read!

Comment

I think Firefly is my favorite as well. I can't call it the best; I'm sure there's actually better out there somewhere. The cinematography was great, the character interaction/development and story were awesome too. Obviously the actors did a good job, though I'm generally not a hard critique when it comes to things I know nothing about, like what goes in to making good TV. I have a thing for Kaylee's character; not sure why, but I imagine it's because she's a mechanic, so she's smart, but not a dude, so she's a she. Something about that combination...

Comment

Kaylee is a girly tomboy... pure awesomeness!

Mal's character is just awesome. Ruthless and practical, but honorable.
            My only real complaint with the show's early demise is that they never went into Shepherd Book's backstory. The dude is totally badass.

And yeah, I'm not looking for the best in terms of some snooty critical analysis. It's just personal opinion. I mean, if you think Jersey Shore is the greatest show ever (and you have your reasons), it's valid. I'll ban you for it, but it's a valid opinion!

Comment

BBC Top Gear. They drive cars I wish I had, they destroy cars the way I wish I could, and the hosts are entertaining as hell!

Comment

seinfeld is on the top of the list like ralphie said.. im sure theres more, but that one is one of the first i think of..

when it came out, i wasnt much of fan because i was way too young to fully understand it.. now that im older, ive pretty much seen every episode multiple times through syndication.. its one of those shows where you kinda "know" a lot of the characters throughout the span of the series.. some of them they exaggerate to add to the comedy factor, but you get what they mean.. as you become an adult and are more out in the world employment wise and socially, you begin to relate a lot of the characters to people you know or have known..

Comment

I never much cared for Seinfeld, and I still find myself quoting it regularly, and relating the characters to my friends! Any show that has such an influence on someone that doesn't even like it that much is awesome.

I hang with my friends across the street regularly. I used to knock. Now I just walk in. If the door is locked, I unlock it. They call me Kramer.

Comment

The office, because that's the environment I would need to go back to an office job.
                    Aqua teen hunger force, because some of the funniest things to make it on tv where on that show. And it took me two seasons to fully grasp the plot.
                    Futurama, same reason as Aqua team.
                    Really futurama must be my favorite because I can watch reruns with excitement.
                    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

ATHF has a plot? I just watched the entire first season (all Netflix has ) and it really is hilarious. It makes so little sense that it... makes sense.

Futurama was underappreciated in its first run, and I still don't think many people get it. Like the Simpsons, there's a LOT of high-brow stuff hidden in there. The animation is also amazing. The opening sequence is incredibly complex!
                      I'm kinda sad to see it go... again. I didn't get it the first time around either, but I've watched all the old episodes. So good.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Personally, I think Firefly might be my favorite of all time.

The overall space/western concept is just so perfectly executed. Ironically, I generally don't care for space or western themed stuff!
                        The characters are all fantastic, and perfectly executed.
                        The general storyline is great, as is the story within each individual episode.

I wish it ran longer than 14 episodes, but I think part of the magic is that it never had a chance to get stupid. It was amazing from the opening scene all the way to the final episode.

Serenity wrapped it up fairly well, though I don't feel it truly captured the same feel as the show. Though it did what it was supposed to do... give a sense of closure, while leaving the door open for the possibility of a return.

What do you consider to be the best show, and why? There's no right or wrong answer, but feel free to discuss.
                        I definitely agree with Firefly as a favorite.

I'm totally digging on Battlestar Galactica (reimagined), but I have a soft spot for "foreign" comedy like Peep Show and Trailer Park Boys
                        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Malcolm in the middle is pretty great. The characters are original and the writing of the episodes makes you say "how do they come up with this stuff?" Plus its from the late 90's so yeah.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Man, i'll have to check out Firefly i guess
                            My Honda

Comment

braking bad is a good show . you got you're drug's , killing and a bitching wife all in one. also the walking dead just has it all gun's , killing , zombies , car's what more can i ask for. ooo and scooby doo .
                              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Working...
                              X