CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 05-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
MarineRK09
Newcomer

MarineRK09 is cool... so far.
Question Rear disk swap/suspension

So I have a 90 LX auto coupe. Got my hands on a set of rear arms from a 92 ex. Had them installed today and shop said they didn't fit and they had to disassemble them to get the disks on the car. Well they got them on there so I'm wondering what's going on? Also, I noticed the part numbers for ex LX suspensions are different. Can anyone tell me what differences there are in the suspensions besides the sway bar?
MarineRK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
When you say rear "arms" do you mean the full knuckles with hubs, rotors and calipers? What year car was it from?
Old 05-14-2014, 11:32 PM   #3
Flip-Eye
CB7tuner Member

Flip-Eye is cool... so far.
I was under the impression the trailing arms were different.
Flip-Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:40 AM   #4
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Before putting potentially untrue information out there, do a quick part number search on a site such as hondaautomotiveparts.com and double check the part numbers between both models you think are different. In this case, the trailing arms from a 1990 Accord LX and another with rear discs such as a 1993 Accord EX.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #5
MarineRK09
Newcomer

When I say arms i mean these guys but with disks (img stolen from timmy0toole's thread about rear disc conversion):

Sorry if thats the wrong terminology

Also, I did a check on hondapartsnow.com just out of curiosity and that where I learned about the part numbers differing in the first place. Just tryin to cover all my bases here.

I should clarify, by suspension I was referring to shocks and springs.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
Jarrett
Contributing Member

The EX springs were slightly stiffer and lower than DX/LX springs. Not really enough that you notice much, but it's there. The shocks were slightly different to accommodate this. The difference is so minimal that the aftermarket usually doesn't denote the difference and uses one part to cover both applications.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
MarineRK09
Newcomer

Gotcha! thanks!

Now in regards to the brake swap: Do you have any idea what it could be that "didnt fit"?
Old 05-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #8
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Going back to the second question in my first post; what year were the parts from?
Old 05-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #9
MarineRK09
Newcomer

1992 according to the seller
Old 05-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #10
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Then absolutely nothing.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #11
MarineRK09
Newcomer

Hmm... I guess I'll have to just double check with my guy... Thanks a million!

Tags
conversion , disk , disk swap , suspension

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: