Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rip AK CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip AK CB7

Today was a sad day. while cruising with my GF in her CB7 coupe, an Old Lady failed to yield on her left turn, she got a ticket.

I'm the 3rd owner and it was in pretty damn good condition before all of this. We'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by alex_eats_rice; 01-21-2017, 03:33 AM.

I'm a little confused, her CB7? That looks like yours from other threads??

Might be salvageable: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197590

Get it home, open it up, maybe take off the really damaged parts, take some photos so we can help you assess it.

If it is a goner, tell the insurance company (assuming the lady was insured) that you want to keep the car. They will deduct scrap value (around $300) from the worth of the car. If it still has many good parts, they are worth more than $300 for another project or to sell to others.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-21-2017, 12:39 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

And then find a nice one in Arizona or California and fly down to pick it up. You and your girlfriend get a fun travelling vacation along the West coast and you get a good condition CB to replace yours.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        And then find a nice one in Arizona or California and fly down to pick it up. You and your girlfriend get a fun travelling vacation along the West coast and you get a good condition CB to replace yours.
        That would probably be more fun.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

It's a horrible feeling. Sorry for your loss there. Fixable, but still sucks.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, my GF was in her CB Coupe (Black) following me, about 150 feet back, I was in my Sedan.
            My front end was pretty clean

RIP 3rd CB7

Have a stiff neck this morning. went to the ER. The lady that smashed into me has FULL COVERAGE so that is always nice. I have family near Seattle so i will start looking into getting one from there. I'm surprised i found this one up here, it was one of the cleanest CB7's around Anchorage. My buddy took a look at my car, the frame is bent in the engine bay, ill upload pics later there's 2 feet of new snow on it now.

Comment

I found my current car in Seattle a couple of years ago. The cars there seem to be very clean. I took a trip very similar to the one I described to you that's summarized in my member's ride thread down in my sig. It makes for a very entertaining adventure!
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

ugh again?
                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

It snowed 24 inches in the last 2 days! its gonna be fun taking off all my parts in all the powder!
                  Here is a picture of the passenger side, by the fender.

You can see the line doesn't go straight.

The front is mashed in pretty good. the A/C hose got pushed into my header a little bit, now its got a ding. not all the way through luckily.

Opinions?

Comment

The ding in the header is the least of your problems.

Use your GF's car for comparison. Take some measurements from back near the firewall out to various points on the radiator support and structure where the front end of the fenders mount to compare to determine how far things are pushed in. You need some spring weather like we had in Cincinnati yesterday and today (60+ deg F) - might be asking too much to get the front bumper off to assess the damage to the bulkhead and the front end of the frame boxes (where the bumper brackets mount). If the sides ahead of the spring/shock towers buckled; you're looking at a lot of work to straighten things out (or replace).

I'm a sucker for a rescue project, but Jarrett's suggestion may be more prudent.
                    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-27-2017, 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Still waiting on the insurance company to decide who's fault the crash was.
                      (not mine)
                      In the mean time I've been looking for a really clean Cb7 down in Washington, Oregon, or California. A few have caught my eye.

I've been thinking about getting this H swapped, Turbo Cb7 that is near my hometown in WA. has a lot of internal mods to support the turbo it seems. the thing I'm iffy about is, would I be able to daily drive this in Alaska??

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5959578565.html

We threw a battery in her today and she started up!
                      Last edited by alex_eats_rice; 01-27-2017, 02:29 AM.

Comment

I don't remember that car from the forums, but it looks pretty sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          I don't remember that car from the forums, but it looks pretty sweet!

You think it would be able to be street driven daily with that clutch it has? (stage 3)

Comment

Your idea of of streetability and his could vary widely. Can it be driven on the street? Sure. The question I always ask someone is whether or not they would take their grandmother to a doctor's appointment in said car.

Comment

Honestly in situations like this it's always best to have a dashcam. The car is definitely fixable though sorry the loss but it'll give you more room to work with.

Comment

Working...
                              X