Any sport bike riders here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
    R6, GSXR600, CBR600RR, Zx6R They are all pretty comparible. I've riden everything but the zx6r. To me they all feel the same. I rode a GSXR1000 around for a while and that was pretty fun because it had a lot of low and top end. The 600's seem like dogs downlow until you gear them differently.

Go with whatever you choose, it sounds like you already have your mind made up. Got pics? I say go for the Raven, loving those blackies...
    ive been wanting an r6 raven edition because of the color and the bike.

heres a pic of me on a lowered 07 gsxr 600 that i practice in. it rides a little rougher because its lowered but i was able to handle it.

Comment

I don't have a super sport, does that count?
      Maybe sometimes in the future...
      I have a Kawasaki ninja 650.. I love the upright sitting position cause I do a lot of riding.. And I believe that should be enough power for me to get in trouble though power doesn't really matter to me much and I ride normal all the time.. Never hitting over 4.5k rpm(brand new bike).. Even on my older bike I never hit over 8k rpm..
      My plan was to get a naked such as sv650, er-6n, or 599 but those are hard to find them in black and fuel injected.
      CBR are super nice but around here I see everyone with one..
      But again I'm a shorter guy and I hate to lower my bike so I go with what fit me right.

I had 250 before and they are great bike for fuel efficient and a starter bike for someone who never rode before like me..
      Last edited by kouzie; 07-25-2012, 12:52 PM.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

kouzie brings up a good point. Make sure you can get close to flat footing. Can't tell you how many people I've seen dump their bikes because they can't reach.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

To the OP about what bike you ride and why, I rode a 07 R6, not really new to sport bikes, but the R6 has always been one of my dream bikes and early this summer I finally got to own one. Loved the bike right from the get go, had great power, but not crazy power, fun to ride, and all around good bike. I put the R6 at the top of the list of bikes I've owned. One of the down falls was the R6 has IMO a more cramp riding style which I compared to a cbr. Between my cousin CBR and my R6 I liked the R6 alot better, even though Honda has a solid platform of a bike, their body styling wasn't for me. Was a very fun bike to ride around town. Loved every second I had it. A few reasons why I bought this bike was that the body styling was one of my favorites since it was very aggressive, wasn't horribly priced, very low miles, very clean, and was in town so I didnt have to drive 2 hours to find one in a different city. I wish it never had to go. Hope you get the bike you want and be safe.
          Last edited by 5spd92; 07-27-2012, 07:06 AM.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

I started out on a 84 Kawasaki 400. I started riding when i was 15 1/2 (Missouri state law). Everyone in High School made fun of me.

Then my Sophmore year (2006) i got an 86 Honda V65 Magna 1100. Big mistake. I went from a 110mph bike to a 160mph bike. I ended up hiting a dog at 105 cuting his head clean off and sending me into the ditch at over 85mph. I walked away with my pants and shoes ripped off, my helmet on my head sideways breaking my nose, and my collar bone sticking out of my chest.

Then the next year i got an 07 Ninja ZX6R from an auto auction. Shortly sold it.

After that i bought a 94 Suzuki Katana 600. Rode it a while and when it was time for tires i sold it.

Then an 02 or 03 Honda CBR600RR. Its a street fighter. No plastics and has a caved in gas tank. Still have it.

Now i have a 2010 HD Sportster Knightster 1200. Bought it with 12 miles on it last year. Fixing to sell it and ride the Honda again.

Its always best to start out on a bike that you can put balls to the wall, 110% and still have near total control over it. Because once in a while it will do something unexpected. And you have alot better chance of correcting yourself (or the bike) with one you can man handle. And it sucks but thats how you learn. By screwing up or mistakes. It sucks because on a motorcycle the wrong mistake can cost you your life.

Anyone can ride any bike when things are good, BUT when something unexpected happens thats when they fuck up. And fuck ups get you killed.

So one dosent know if they can handle a 500, 600, 750, 900, or 1000. You have been in control the whole time, the road, other drivers and nature hasnt shown its face yet.
            Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-27-2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I have a 07 600rr. It has been my only mode of transportation for about a year. I bought it because its honda to be honest. Ima Honda guy and will be a honda guy forever.

Everyone I talk to says go sit on every single bike and see which one you feel most comfortable on. To behonest, all the race class bikes feel the same to me.

IMO is al depends on what kindn of driver you are. Are you calm or always agressive?Drive like a madman just for the hell of it? Driving I would rarley go over 3k. That transfered over into my riding. I dont do into high rpms. Im a speed nut, so on the highway I would go crazy. I had this thing were I had to see at least 100 every time I hit hte highway.The problem with that is everything under that feels slow. I was always that dude riding through traffic at 100. Ive calmed down a lot recently, and I do that by following a van/suv. I did that because I realized that it will catch up to me, and for the MPGs.

Having said all that, my first bike was a 250 ninja. I might not have learned and developed my skills on it, but thats because I was bored of it quickly. Also scared to really turn in it because of the old dunlop tires (was not going to pay for new tires only to sell it later)

Also, Ive layed down my bike (current) but that was only when I was stationary and my leg gave out, never moving.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Im sure you might have read around, the r6 is soft down low and a monster up top, while the cbr has a fairly smooth powerband. Everything they say about honda cars applies to bikes. Solid, smooth, reliable, maintenance free. I always hear "They've been making bikes for a long time now, they know what they are doing."

Did consider the r6. its the most track ready bike in the class, but at the same time, most agressive = (usually) least comfortable. If its a toy, who cares.....

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

160 MPH 10 second croch rocket = toy?

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I had a 250 for almost two years... Great bike to start out on. I even had experience before getting this bike. In college I actually got a 636. Great bike. Still scares the piss out of me. If you want a 600... Get one. We can't stop you. But, everyone here does make a valid point.
                    Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles
                    Prius? Fuck that shit. I can't afford those things. Why do you think I'm driving a Honda that's old enough to buy beer?

Comment

Anyone who wants to start riding with little to no riding experience and wants to ride a sport bike needs to look at the Buell Blast 500.

They made them for over 5 years and they never really changed so parts for one will fit all.

You can pick one up with less than 5,000 miles on it for $1500.

Ride it for a little while stock then spend some of that money you saved not buying a bike thats too big for you. Buy the Jardine exhaust, jet kit, and put a K&N filter on it. That wakes the Buell Blast up alot.

They also make a big bore kit for the Blast as well. I forget what itll make it run in the 1/4 but its pretty impressive.

I ride with a group here in South West Missouri from time to time called Midwest Drifters since i bought my HD. I see a few Buell Blasts when i ride with them. With the Jardine exhaust they are almost as loud as a HD with straight pipes.

Comment

i drive an 02 yamaha r6...
                        bought it used for $3400
                        it was my 1st bike...
                        only rode dirtbikes a couple times...
                        had the bike since May 3rd of this year.
                        already replaced the front tire, oil changed, and cleaned the chain.

i bought the bike to go fast so i didnt want anything under 600, then again i dont want anything over 600 just yet. im comfortable with the bike and enjoy it everytime i get on. i dont have any gear but gloves.

btw, im not sure exactly what years on the r6's...but make sure u do your research when purchasing... my 2nd gear skips around 8k...
                        1993 Honda Accord LX
                        2006 Yamaha R6
                        2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Originally posted by Minze View Post
                          i dont have any gear but gloves.

Freaking awesome
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                          X