No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice purchase! Those injectors are the newest revision of the Bosch EV14 format and are supposed to be a lot more stable than the outgoing ID1000s, which were already renowned for how good they were.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Hey Nick are those the stock internals in that f22a block?
      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Things are looking great Nick! Can't wait to see this engine back together and hauling the Accord around.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Have you fixed the coolant leak issue yet? I had the same issue in the exact same area and it turned out the valve itself had developed a crack, just a heads up if you get the proper hose and still have issues.

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
            Hey Nick are those the stock internals in that f22a block?
            Negative, the pistons are wiesco, Bisimoto h-beam rods, arp rod bolts, acl bearings, KS tuned balance shaft elimination kit, rebuilt OEM pump, micropolished crankshaft. Most of the first page is up to date. Except the head components.

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
            Things are looking great Nick! Can't wait to see this engine back together and hauling the Accord around.
            Thanks Will, I’m starting to get that Christmas Eve feeling.
            Originally posted by Bunta View Post
            Have you fixed the coolant leak issue yet? I had the same issue in the exact same area and it turned out the valve itself had developed a crack, just a heads up if you get the proper hose and still have issues.
            Yes, first it was a small rip in the hose and then it was the clamp was not fully seated. I thought about the valve so I turned the heat knob to cool to see if it stopped it and it didn’t.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Negative, the pistons are wiesco, Bisimoto h-beam rods, arp rod bolts, acl bearings, KS tuned balance shaft elimination kit, rebuilt OEM pump, micropolished crankshaft. Most of the first page is up to date. Except the head components.
              Damn that’s nice. I might have to duplicate your bottom end applications. I’ll hit you up later today on more info.

~Mark~

Comment

Damn that’s nice. I might have to duplicate your bottom end applications. I’ll hit you up later today on more info.
                Sounds good Mark. Happy to share my set-up and my learnings on the way.
                Last edited by Grumpys93; 01-29-2018, 09:49 PM.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Got some more goodies in the mail this week:

TurboSmart Mechanical Boost gauge:

Boost Labs V band Flange and adaptor for borg warner turbo to downpipe:

Then finally got the head back from the machine shop, looks great and am happy with the price and work that was done:

I didn't waste time and got the head installed on the block and the valvetrain and the delta camshaft installed (Bisimoto Pro springs look great):

I'm happy to finally see this coming together, but the money pot is running low again, so this build will slow down unfortunately. I will be receiving more parts this week and will update with more pics and info as it moves forward.
                  Last edited by Grumpys93; 02-05-2018, 11:48 PM.
                  ~Nick~

Comment

This is turning out to be so damn awesome. The hood pins look like they turned out great and the grille really finishes it off well. The steering wheel is a cool addition and even better that your wife got it for you. I've always like the way those civic wheels look on our cars. Two thumbs up dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                      This is turning out to be so damn awesome. The hood pins look like they turned out great and the grille really finishes it off well. The steering wheel is a cool addition and even better that your wife got it for you. I've always like the way those civic wheels look on our cars. Two thumbs up dude.
                      Thanks Mike greatly appreciated!
                      ~Nick~

Comment

Today I received the back plate for the lower timing gear, so when the little one went to bed I got to work.

Installed the backing plate, lower timing gear and lined up all the TDC marking on the lower timing gear and the cam gear. I then installed the OEM Timing belt which was a lot easier then the blue gates on the F22B:

Then adjusted the valves to Delta Camshaft specs: Intake: .006 and Exhaust .008: This was tedious but glad to see that I was able to get them within specs.

Then installed the lower timing cover. The alternator belt and crank pulley chewed this up pretty good, I wish the crank pulleys weren't a pita to pull or I would pull one in the PAP.

There is still a lot to do and I'm about to get to the point where I will have to pull the h22 and start removing the parts I used on it that were suppose to be for the f22a.

But I received more parts today nothing to special just the fittings for the oil feed and oil return for the turbo: got these from fab boys on ebay and the product looks great:

Stay tuned more parts are still to come in.
                        Last edited by Grumpys93; 10-01-2018, 12:07 AM.
                        ~Nick~

Comment

Lookin real nice Nick.

~Mark~

Comment

Lookin real nice Nick.
                            Thanks Mark!

So went out and bought some things needed, new thermostat one that opens at 170F and 8 things of spark plugs. Hopefully that is enough but we shall see. Went with John Vega's recommendation of going two steps colder.

Then got some more parts in the mail, Frank at Treadstone performance gave me a great deal on the rest of my oil line kit that I needed as well as the intercooler piping, couplers, and t-clamps. He also threw in a t-shirt for free! Great customer service and will do business with them again:

Here is the rest of my oil feed line I needed, according to Borg Warner they recommend a -4an fitting and no need to run an oil restrictor:

Also purchased a T3 to T4 adapter since the Borg Warner is a T4 housing and my previous manifold is a T3. I will eventually upgrade to a custom manifold that is divided with dual wastegates, but for now this will do.

The last pieces of my build should hopefully be coming in next week, however I will be in DFW, TX for some training.

I haven't decided yet on when I want to park the Accord and start taking out the h22. I still haven't hit 500 miles on it with the stage 4 clutch, but I did do what I previously did with my ACT stage 3 and do a couple low rpm dumps and high rpm dumps (which ACT at the time recommended on breaking in a new clutch). But I still think I want to get to at least put 500 miles on the clutch and flywheel before I pull the h22.

Can anyone recommend any breaking in oil? I am getting pretty excited to have this installed but like I mentioned earlier, my money pot is running low and I am expecting the tune to cost around $600. So I may wait until I have that chunk of change in my bank account before I install the built motor.

Decisions, decisions, decisions....
                            Last edited by Grumpys93; 02-09-2018, 09:38 PM.
                            ~Nick~

Comment

Where'd he go?
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Nick isn't gone. He just got a 7 day temporary ban. Unfortunately though, he is being sent out for training before the 7 days is over. So no updates on the car before he gets sent off again.
                                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
                                X