No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Will. I am using PR's DIY then following your thread so I don't have that excessive play. I am just happy to remove the rest of the power steering lines. And I love the fact that now that my engine bay is mostly clean, I don't get covered in grease from touching anything. Made cleaning well worth it.

What did you use to clamp the steering boots with? Mine had that metal band that I can't reuse.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I reused the metal bands, and the metal rings at the tie rod ends. You can just use zip ties though. Thats what the after market boots come with.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Also I appended the section of My Ride tread to the very last page of PR's DIY. So you don't have to hop around necessarily.

How do your tie rods look?

Comment

badass dude!

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Nice progress! I just went through the thread.

For the boots, they sell stainless steel zip ties that might be better. You can get them at any parts store. Plastic gets brittle and breaks after like 2 years.

What's going to be the hp/TQ goal for the new setup?

Comment

Rilas,
              As for the tie rods they look great, I replaced them just before I parked the car for all these years and they still look good.
              Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
              Nice progress! I just went through the thread.

For the boots, they sell stainless steel zip ties that might be better. You can get them at any parts store. Plastic gets brittle and breaks after like 2 years.

What's going to be the hp/TQ goal for the new setup?
              Thanks Chris! Its slowly progressing, I am actually happy I don't have the money right now to finish this simply because I can invest my time in giving the car a nice cleaning inside and out. As well as fix minor things.

As for the new set up I am simply looking to get around 350whp, I don't think I really need anymore then that but will welcome it. I only plan to push 18-21psi and this will only be a weekend warrior/drag queen.

I am planning on getting it painted in the future and would love to get a roll cage installed, but I don't know anyone who can weld and it is very costly to do.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

What size turbo are you going to use? What are you tuning on? I think 350 is easily doable, man. I understand doing the small things, those are the things that piss you off in the long run anyway. In for more pics.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                  What size turbo are you going to use? What are you tuning on? I think 350 is easily doable, man. I understand doing the small things, those are the things that piss you off in the long run anyway. In for more pics.
                  I am planning on running the precision sc6262. I've always loved that turbo since it first came out and it is perfect for my new set up and power goals.

I have hit a road block though, I am starting to think that my timing belt is too tight. When I was adjusting the valve lash on the rocker arms yesterday, I noticed the timing belt was walking off the end of the cam gears with every rotation and the tensioner is maxed out when it comes to being loose. So I need to find a way to figure out the formula for the proper teeth count for the timing belt.

As for things I got accomplished this weekend, I finished the manual rack conversion and cleaned up the sub frame as well as removed all power steering lines. I installed the intake manifold along with the bisi intake gasket and adjusted all but one rocker arm for valve lash.

I made a thread about that one rocker arm.

Now time for pictures (nothing really cool):

Cleaned up and converted manual rack assembly:

Adjusting the intake rocker arms:

I am about to go on a mission this week so progress will stop until I get back, but hopefully I will make some money to buy some parts.
                  ~Nick~

Comment

Nick I used a 1996 Acura Integra GS-R timing belt for my F22B part number 14400-P72-014. I kept all the original gears but changed the water pump from the PT2 that came with it to a new OEM PT3 found on the F22Ax. This setup has worked well so far and the timing belt adjuster had a little adjustment in it. Sounds like a bit more than yours currently does. The PT2 water pump has 20 teeth if I remember right while the PT3 has 19 teeth. So it allows for that little extra bit of play.

Comment

So I tinkered around a little today and decided to get pictures of what the timing belt is doing. Here it is after a handful of rotations.
                      Cam Gears(yes I know I am missing a cam cap bolt)

Water pump 20 teeth:

Tensioner as you can see the spring is maxed out:

Timing gear:

I believe it will rub against the cover on both sides as well:

After rotating it over 20-30 times the belt hasn't walked off any further, however I still don't like how much it did travel.
                      I also swapped rocker arms and it did not follow so the issue is either with the cam lobe or the bowl the rocker arm sits in.
                      Last edited by Grumpys93; 09-02-2015, 11:38 PM.
                      ~Nick~

Comment

It might be worth just swapping the water pump to a PT3 with 19 teeth. That should give you enough to at least have a little travel in the tensioner. As far as your rocker arm, that sucks. Glad to see that you made it home safe though.

Comment

I think I am going to do that with the water pump. It just sucks, that I have to spend another 57 bucks on top of 88 bucks already. Is this the correct p/n for the 19 tooth pump, 19200-P0A-003?
                          Last edited by Grumpys93; 09-06-2015, 11:39 PM.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Hey Nick, that is the correct part number for the water pump. I know it sucks, but sometimes we gotta spend the money for ease of mind.

Have you come up with a solution to the rocker arm? I'm still not even sure what's wrong with it still. I even looked at the thread you made for it.

Comment

Not yet. I was planning on pulling the cam and measuring it and doing a real good inspection of everything. But decide to wait til I purchased the new water pump. I hate taking off and putting on the timing belt. Each time introducing more fluids on it from gloves. So I am going to wait til I can order the pump. I have a spare set of h23 cams that I will be using to compare and contrast along with an h23 head.
                              Last edited by Grumpys93; 12-02-2015, 06:57 PM.
                              ~Nick~

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X