No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okkk, problem solved. It was that stupid black clip thing on the MS that fits in to the casing in a certain way. I had it backwards and it stopped the 5th gear arm from going up all the way and that fork wouldn't go in neutral all the way, and that binded the shifting mechanism.... blah blah ...

Anyways, shifts smooth as butter now! This tranny is good to go and is:

- T2T4 LSD tranny
    - Syncrotech F22 5th gear set
    - Syncrotech carbon fiber synchros
    - New seals

apalileo, if you know of one let me know! I called Bully myself and while they have a Stage 5 (I have a Stage 4), it doesn't take more torque but is just a different puck combo. They recommended a twin disc, as well as my tuner. I couldn't find one from Exedy too. ... do you know of one?
    Last edited by Raf99; 07-28-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Raf I know we went through this awhile ago. There is a ACT single disk you can run. As they rate their clutches for torque not hp. I think their highest single disk is something like 490 ft/lbs of torque. Comes in a 4 or 6 disk configuration. Here is a part number for the 6 disk, HA3-XTG6 - XT/Race Sprung 6 Pad. Isn't nearly the cost of the twin disk clutches and will have a somewhat OEM pedal feel.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Good call Will. I was going to propose the same clutch. I've even heard of folks combining the XT disk with the HD pressure plate for street use.

More manufacturers need to list maximum torque capacity for their clutches.
        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Interesting, and now that i look at it..., ya we did go through this before Thanks for the reminder.
          LoL at the Canadian amazon page for one - https://www.amazon.ca/ACT-HA3-XTG6-P.../dp/B002ETBJA0

"Usually ships within 2 to 5 months"...

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Interesting, and now that i look at it..., ya we did go through this before Thanks for the reminder.
            LoL at the Canadian amazon page for one - https://www.amazon.ca/ACT-HA3-XTG6-P.../dp/B002ETBJA0

"Usually ships within 2 to 5 months"...
            Oh gosh! It kind seems to suck to live where you live. Come to the dark side, we have cheaper car parts!
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
              Oh gosh! It kind seems to suck to live where you live. Come to the dark side, we have cheaper car parts!
              I've debated it every winter

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                I've debated it every winter
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

lol, story for ya'll. So the other day I decided to go to a paved neighborhood that has no houses yet, in the middle of no-where. It's here on google maps if you want to see. They build the road and power first then fill it with houses, but for years most the area has been empty. And it's long too! So you can go down here and do as many burnouts as you want. The road is covered with them everywhere. I learned some interesting things...

- The car will still wheel hop! The trick is to pop the clutch at 4k+ and get the tires spinning quickly. You can pop at a lower rpm but you have more time to get the wheels spinning fast (more hop) due to turbo lag.
                  - It's hard to get in to 2nd and keep them spinning & the e-brake won't hold the car once in 2nd. It will drag the back wheels.
                  - Shit happens fast. Hard to comprehend when you're controlling the wheel, shifting, feather throttle (as you are in boost), keeping an eye on how far your dragging the back wheels, and shifting trying to stay in boost. ,,,, while taking the e-brake off at some point

Will take some practice Wish i had a gopro
                  Last edited by Raf99; 08-05-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I zoom out on google maps and see Tim Hortons , one of the perks of living in Canada. I have dual citizenship, and I have family living in BC. I want to go visit sometime.
                    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                      I zoom out on google maps and see Tim Hortons , one of the perks of living in Canada. I have dual citizenship, and I have family living in BC. I want to go visit sometime.
                      I drank it my whole life. Recently just kicked the habbit, and if i need to I'll drink McDonalds. Everyone told me Mc's was better but I loved my Tims. Now I realize McDonalds coffee is 20x better and a lot cheaper ($1.15 med. / Tim's med. = $170 <just increased too> both prices w/ tax). AND............ Mc's coffee LID actually works! I swear quitting Tim's coffee was worse than kicking ciggs. holy headaches. Anyways... now Tim's coffee tastes like summer heated ditch water.

Comment

Know this guy at work who worked as a Honda tech for 16 years. Gave it up 10 years ago for something else, but he gave me these today. Great guy!

Comment

Cool! Never seen a training manual before.

Comment

That's an awesome piece of literature to have there!

Comment

Thanks. Same here, never knew they existed. Took some pics, only liked one of them

- Ordered a new intercooler pipe for the car. One of my pipes doesn't have a lip on either end (home made), going to replace it. Blew on me last two times i was out haha. Was up around 7500rpm in 3rd and phhhheeewwwwww , no turbo for you. I had a car on my ass on the highway and me = no turbo lol.... One of the beginner turbo things you learn is to tighten your coupler clamps as tight as shit!

- Trying to find a PS cooler to order. Needs to be 8" x 4" approx.

Was thinking of the prelude/wagon brake upgrade to 11.5 rotors (11.3.. ) anyways. I'm never going to NOT have 17" wheels on this. Lately 17" wheels have been looking a little small too.

Cheers

Comment

18' wheels are the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X