Anyone work at a dealer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone work at a dealer?

Im itching to trade my 2013 EX in for a 2013-2017 Ex/EX-L v6 6 speed.

I saw two in my area with over 60k miles for around 13k.

KBB is 10,5 on my car as it sits right now.

I really want a 6-6 coupe lol.

Not worried about the mileage, as there have been no major issues with this gen so far, and im at 57k myself and I ROMP on her 2-3 times a week, and she fucking likes it lol.

but its a 4cyl. A k24, but a 4 lol.

So how close do you guys think I can get to that 10,5 KBB. I know dealerships like to say they don't use it, blah blah.

I can easily sell it privately for 12k all day.

Id rather trade it in though.

Also not trying to finance. If I can trade it in, and put the balance which can't be more than 2/3k on a credit card, I win lol.

Probably wont do it, but damn I want a J series lol.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
    Im itching to trade my 2013 EX in for a 2013-2017 Ex/EX-L v6 6 speed.

I saw two in my area with over 60k miles for around 13k.

KBB is 10,5 on my car as it sits right now.

I really want a 6-6 coupe lol.

Not worried about the mileage, as there have been no major issues with this gen so far, and im at 57k myself and I ROMP on her 2-3 times a week, and she fucking likes it lol.

but its a 4cyl. A k24, but a 4 lol.

So how close do you guys think I can get to that 10,5 KBB. I know dealerships like to say they don't use it, blah blah.

I can easily sell it privately for 12k all day.

Id rather trade it in though.

Also not trying to finance. If I can trade it in, and put the balance which can't be more than 2/3k on a credit card, I win lol.

Probably wont do it, but damn I want a J series lol.
    Dealerships use their own methods of appraisal, use Google to search and that will be discussed over and over. Personally I would rather sell the car than trading it in unless you have bad credit and use it for that purpose as some dealerships will use it for trade under that promise.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

i have a 14 6-6 coupe. had to get my 1-2 gearset replaced under warranty. it was a hassle. the car has a few finicky problems now at 60k miles. just out of warranty...
      COUPE K24

Comment

Jak Frostwhite works at Burns Honda down my way. He's not on here much these days, though.

Honestly, you'd be better off selling privately if you can afford the downtime. Or find the Accord you want, finance it, and pay it off when you sell your current car (I'm assuming that car is paid off already, right?) Trade-in values are never as good as private sale, unless you're in a situation like I was with my GTP, where nobody in their right mind would touch it! Your car is in good shape, so you should sell it privately, IMO.

Or trade it to me for my CTS-V.

Comment

https://www.thinkbank.com/black-book/

This is pretty accurate for what I've seen for trades. It's worth seeing how it compares to Blue Book. My Mom traded her Rogue in back in 2015 and the number they offered was nearly identically to that value. The salesman used an app to appraise the vehicle.

Granted, the first dealer gave us a laughably low number and wanted us to pay MSRP. They were blown away when I got up and left before even starting negotiations.

Comment

2013 V6 6 speed owner here, I've owned it for a year and a half, I got it at 27K miles and it now has 38K miles (converted for all the US folk). I'm just chiming in to give you my thoughts on the car.

Overall it's a fun car to drive; it has plenty of power anywhere above 3K RPM and handles quite nicely for its size. The seats are comfy and the gas mileage is decent (don't expect to get Honda's claimed 40 MPG though, the most I got REALLY trying was about 35 MPG on the highway, so still pretty good).

As much as I love driving the car, it has had far too many issues for me to recommend to anyone:

Within a week of owning it the AC compressor went, and was replaced under warranty. Things happen, right? So I chalked it up to the previous owner probably blasting the AC all the time and it just got tired and quit.

About a month later the power steering died while I was driving, and since it's electronically assisted, it was like trying to steer an F350 in a parking lot without power steering. It was brutal! I had to use both hands and pull with all my strength to get it into a parking lot. And no explanation from the dealer, they basically just told me "things happen" and replaced it under warranty.

A couple months after that, BOTH rear calipers went. I'd noticed I was having to pull the e-brake up farther and farther so the car wouldn't roll when parking, and one day I pulled it to the top and the car kept rolling. They were replaced under warranty, although they refused to replace the rotors and pads that were most likely worn down by the faulty calipers.

Just last month I turned the heat on and got a strong smell of gas, so I had it towed to the dealer, and there was a fuel leak, they didn't specify where, but I'm guessing somewhere near the back of the engine where the smell could come through the vents. Kind of scary.

I currently also have several interior rattles;

- the navigation screen CONSTANTLY makes noise when it's cold, like all the time, I had to wedge some tape between the screen and the dash to get it to stop.

- the sunroof shade rattles nonstop when its pulled back.

- the passenger seat rubs against the center console armrest if it's more than about half way back

- there's another rattle somewhere behind me near the B pillar, I haven't been able to place it yet.

I know people have had great experiences with this generation Accord, but I am not one of those people. The worst part is, I baby this car; it's seen above 5K RPM a handful of times in my ownership. It has had far too many issues from what I expect from Honda, let alone a newer Honda with as little mileage as mine has. I hate to say it, but after owning Hondas for the last 14 years, my next car will not be one.

You seem to be having a good experience with your current car, and I'd vote to keep it, it's been trouble free and is in a great colour, that's just my opinion however.
            Last edited by 91 EX-R; 12-09-2017, 11:29 PM. Reason: screwed up gas mileage conversion
            Originally posted by deevergote.
            And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
              https://www.thinkbank.com/black-book/

This is pretty accurate for what I've seen for trades. It's worth seeing how it compares to Blue Book. My Mom traded her Rogue in back in 2015 and the number they offered was nearly identically to that value. The salesman used an app to appraise the vehicle.

Granted, the first dealer gave us a laughably low number and wanted us to pay MSRP. They were blown away when I got up and left before even starting negotiations.
              i looked my accord up just for fun.. they deducted 950$ just because it has a manual transmission... seems like they would either leave at 0 or add money because they are harder to find.
              COUPE K24

Comment

NADA does the same thing. For a private sale, that's an untrue deduction. However, it might represent what a dealer would be inclined to do. Most of their foot traffic customers would look past a car with a manual transmission.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  NADA does the same thing. For a private sale, that's an untrue deduction. However, it might represent what a dealer would be inclined to do. Most of their foot traffic customers would look past a car with a manual transmission.

true. local dealer here doesnt even order manual transmission cars. unless of course its an si.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                  X