No announcement yet.

deevergote : 1990 Mazda Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's this? I've been offline for a few years and suddenly Mike has a Miata?
    It looks lovely, well done! I especially like the wheels.

Here is mine!

Last edited by Nurega; 02-01-2017, 11:26 PM.
    Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
    2005 Acura TSX 6MT
    2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Beautiful! That was my color choice for an NC if I had the cash.
      But yeah, some junkie wrecked my CB, so I joined the no-CB club. Loving my Miata though!

Comment

Just popping in to see what goes on.

I still want a project car so bad but since wifey is a stay at home mom and I have not been picked up for a promotion yet, even with my side business, no monies lol.

Kids are fucking expensive, not like I did not already know that. Anything extra goes to them anyway, and that's cool!

Hopefully when we move and have a bigger house, that will be my next project.

I definitely want a roadster. I was looking at the new Miata's and they are really fucking cheap for what you get.

Have you driven or ridden in the new MX5 at all? I know you saw the RF the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Beautiful! That was my color choice for an NC if I had the cash.
          But yeah, some junkie wrecked my CB, so I joined the no-CB club. Loving my Miata though!
          Oh man, that's terrible! I left the forum right about the time you just got the Accord back up and running. Im very sorry to hear that.

The early NC1s have come down significantly in price. I've seen some on sale around $5000. If I'm being honest, however, the NB Mazdaspeed is the most fun I've ever had in a road car. That's the one I would buy if I were to do it over.
          2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
            Oh man, that's terrible! I left the forum right about the time you just got the Accord back up and running. Im very sorry to hear that.

The early NC1s have come down significantly in price. I've seen some on sale around $5000. If I'm being honest, however, the NB Mazdaspeed is the most fun I've ever had in a road car. That's the one I would buy if I were to do it over.
            It would have been back on the road last summer, had it not been destroyed. All it needed was a fuel pump... and I had just gotten one from a generous member here! In some ways it was a blessing, though. I loved my CB, but it was becoming more project than I was willing to tackle. I was too attached to part with it, so it was just sitting there, rotting away. Even if I got it on the road again, there was a LONG list of repairs it needed before I could even feel comfortable resuming modification. I sold the shell to a friend of mine, who salvaged the H22 and a few of the remaining good parts. He let me drive it last summer (and I let him drive the Miata.) I'm looking forward to playing with "my engine" some more. His car is better than mine ever was anyway!

I've never been much of a fan of the NB, though the idea of a factory-turbo Miata is cool. To me, the NB just seems formless compared to the classic NA and curvy NC. The NA is a go-kart, and the NC is a more refined cruiser. The ND seems to capture the best of both worlds... but those suckers are more than 10x what I paid for my NA! I got this one with 63,000 miles, tasteful modifications, and ALL original parts (aside from the wheels and steering wheel). All for $2500, because of its very minor cosmetic damage (and because the seller's wife was about to have a baby, and he needed to get rid of his toy.) I tried to find some NCs in my price range, which topped out at $3500... but any in that range were REALLY beat.

I honestly considered a silver 91 that had sustained serious rear-quarter damage, and been repaired by Maaco. 120,000 miles. The guy wanted $4000 for it. It was nice, but the entire driver's side rear quarter was made of body filler. If he'd have taken $2500, I'd have bought that before I even found the gem that I currently own! He wouldn't go below $3500, though. Fortunately for me! I wonder what he finally sold it for...

The release of the lightweight, "underpowered" ND definitely increased the demand for the NA. In fact, sitting in the ND is what finally sold me on getting one.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            Just popping in to see what goes on.

I still want a project car so bad but since wifey is a stay at home mom and I have not been picked up for a promotion yet, even with my side business, no monies lol.

Kids are fucking expensive, not like I did not already know that. Anything extra goes to them anyway, and that's cool!

Hopefully when we move and have a bigger house, that will be my next project.

I definitely want a roadster. I was looking at the new Miata's and they are really fucking cheap for what you get.

Have you driven or ridden in the new MX5 at all? I know you saw the RF the other day.
            Move down this way. You'll be able to afford toys AND a nice house! Your area is beautiful, but holy hell do you live in one of the most expensive areas of the state!
            The ND seems to be a great car. I haven't driven one, but the interior quality of them (both the regular and RF models) was just spectacular. Mazda's interiors are easily among the best in the brand's market segment these days.
            When Lina and I move to a bigger house and I have a better job, I'm seriously contemplating replacing the Miata with a TVR Chimaera. If I decide to go a saner route, I would probably go for an ND instead. Having such a young and healthy NA will make that a difficult decision, though. My current car is a collector's item (the TVR may become one as well...) whereas an ND will just be "a car". Regardless, I don't collect cars... I drive them. Cars are meant to be driven.

Comment

I took the lil' beast out for a drive a couple weeks ago. Battery needed a jump.
              I can't wait until it gets nice out again, so I can drive it regularly!

Summer tires + NJ winter = no bueno.
              Salty NJ winter roads + rust-prone Miata = also no bueno.

Comment

I took the lil' beast out for a drive a couple weeks ago. Battery needed a jump.
                I can't wait until it gets nice out again, so I can drive it regularly!

Summer tires + NJ winter = no bueno.
                Salty NJ winter roads + rust-prone Miata = also no bueno.

Deev , Don't forget the pot holes we have in NJ, also thought it was funny when you said "no-CB club" lol.

Comment

They're not so bad down my way as they are up by you! Well, not usually... there are still bad areas, because NJ roads suck.
                  But yeah, this thing is lowered, so it doesn't like potholes!

Do you still have your CB, or are you in the club now as well? If I remember correctly, Sandy wasn't kind to you...

Comment

Not the same one, sold my coupe , but I got a Wagon now! Actually working on posting in members rides but its my project car. My daily is.... a 06 Subaru LGT which I just purchased and I'm a post it over on this side. So no more CB's for you? I had to get one again after I got rid of my coupe lol.

BTW your Miata looks good !

Comment

Nice! I love wagons! The LGT is awesome too. I like the older ones way more than the newer ones. They've just gotten so blobby looking now (all Subarus, I feel.) That model has class.

No CB for a while, most likely. I still love the chassis, but there are too many thing to play with at the moment. Miata was next on my list. After that is the TVR Chimaera, V8 swapped Volvo 240 (or 940), and maybe a Honda Beat. A CB might find its way back into my driveway, but after spending 15 years with my old one, it's time to stretch my legs a bit. I don't ever intend to leave CB7tuner, though. Honestly, this community means more to me than my car ever did.

Comment

Yea I understand, quite a list there but go for it! Yea I like the older ones too, now I'm just reading about these crazy Boxer engines...

Comment

I've never been much of a fan of the NB, though the idea of a factory-turbo Miata is cool. To me, the NB just seems formless compared to the classic NA and curvy NC. The NA is a go-kart, and the NC is a more refined cruiser. The ND seems to capture the best of both worlds... but those suckers are more than 10x what I paid for my NA! I got this one with 63,000 miles, tasteful modifications, and ALL original parts (aside from the wheels and steering wheel). All for $2500, because of its very minor cosmetic damage (and because the seller's wife was about to have a baby, and he needed to get rid of his toy.) I tried to find some NCs in my price range, which topped out at $3500... but any in that range were REALLY beat.
                          My feet wouldn't fit in the NB. I couldn't fit my foot between the clutch and tunnel. I'd be very curious if I'd run into that issue with the NA cars. I autocrossed the NC years ago when it just first came out and really enjoyed driving it. I think I liked it the most of Mazda's lineup at the time, including the RX-8 and Mazdaspeed6.

Comment

Oh wow, 63,000 miles at that price? That's a steal. I'll admit I overpaid for my NC, but it had 32,500 miles on it and had every option package I wanted: Grand Touring, Premium Package, and the Sport Suspension/LSD/Bilstein package. It was next to impossible to find, especially now that I live in the Midwest instead of Los Angeles. It took me a 400-mile journey to Indiana to find this beauty.

The ND really does appeal to me, but I simply could not afford it when I was car shopping last year. It would have been $30,000 before taxes for the Club trim, without the desired BBS/Brembo package. At that price, the more Michigan-appropriate Mustang GT becomes a more viable option.
                            2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Yeah, that's very true. The Club is really the only one worth buying, IMO. The base model is fine if you don't want to really explore what it can do, but the Club model comes with LSD. And more color options. Worth the extra few grand, IMO. I didn't even see the BBS/Brembo package (last I "built" one online was about a year ago... maybe before that was offered.) $30,000 is a LOT to spend for a fairly impractical toy, though. I couldn't live with my only car being a Miata. Food shopping in my little go-kart is an adventure!

The Mustang is a worthwhile car, for sure. Ford FINALLY got it right with this one. Looks good, handles well, and comes with plenty of power... all without an obscenely inflated price. It's just a shame they weigh so much. They're heavy beasties! When my CTS-V finally has to be put out to pasture, I'd probably consider a Mustang. Not as "classy" as I'd like, but the price for performance is tough to beat.

Comment

I don't ever intend to leave CB7tuner, though. Honestly, this community means more to me than my car ever did.
                                Aww the feelings mutual. Well with your car not mine. I'm strictly here for the car. Just kidding.
                                ~Nick~
                                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                                X