This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uslspct
    I would love to see this stickied. Or maybe another thread that combines all the reviews ever written on tires found by searching all the posts. Have it in a neat organized list by brand and then the member's quote on the tire.
    I would also like to see this stickied and i am planning on creating another thread but i want to wait and see if i can get anyone else to post some reviews first.

Its now stickied so now once i have a bit more time i will create a link thread.
    Last edited by Half-Pint; 05-10-2007, 08:05 PM.
    JustBlaze

Comment

Toyo Proxes T1-R.

Overall this is a great tire. Probably an 8.5-9 out of 10.

They don't have the highest ultimate grip (they are still up there), of ultra high performance tires, but they are easy to use.

This is my 4th set of Toyo tires, and my first high performance set.

The 3 sets of all seasons I had were superb tires, with good grip, predictable breakaway, and a pretty long life.

I don't know how these will last yet.

They ride great, absorb impacts well, and look good!

Major downsides?

They are a little pricey.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Hankook Ventus K102. 205/50/15

8/10

Handle great. Ive never felt a tire grip so well. When i first got them it wasnt easy to get them to spin. Wet, dry you name it it gripped.

I wish i had actual pictures of mine, you can kind of make them out in my MRT. Had them almost a year and the tread is still slamming.

The only thing i dont like is the noise. They are noisy tires. Meaning, i get a hum from them under steering and braking. Other then that, no complaints.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nexen N3000

6/10

Rain pwns me

Comment

Comment

Coopers...

THEY SUCK!!!

do not by cooper tires. lol.
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
                195/60/15
                Great tire. Lots of wet and snow traction, enough dry traction, and long tread life. These all season tires have been on my lowered prelude for 21k miles, and they have just under 1/2 their tread left. There is a tread warranty of 50k miles on them. They're quiet in daily driving, but will let you know when you get to their relatively high limits. With a few extra PSI in them, they won't disappoint on the auto-x course either.

Goodyear Alegra A/S tires
                185/65/14
                Significantly better than the tires they replaced. They aren't the greatest, but they at least make driving in the rain not scary. They don't squeel around every corner either. I cannot comment on treadwear since I've only had them on my CB7 for around 1500 miles.

Kelly cheap-o tires (4 for $109, installed out the door)
                185/65/14
                Complete and utter crap. When it was we out even starting in 2nd gear (automatic) didn't keep them from spinning. I could be doing 35mph in the rain, floor the gas and the tires would still spin. I couldn't take turns in the dry either. They completely suck. Good for burnouts

Goodyear Eagle RS-A
                205/50/17 (on a Mazda 3 2.3L automatic)
                Not bad in the dry. They have enough grip to make you give up on most public roads before the tires do. However, add in cold, gravel, snow, or rain and these are different animals. All they do is spin off the line (even starting in 2nd/3rd gear) and they won't corner worth shit. Not a true all-season tire.

Hankook Ventus HRII (I Think, they're UHPAS)
                205/40/17
                Good all around tire, but they wear quickly. 8000 miles on them on a lowered prelude, and they are worn oddly already. When new they impressed me with what they could do.

General Exclaim A/S
                195/65/15 (02 accord 5spd)
                A heavy tire. You can feel it just in normal driving. They have significant dry grip, more than enough snow/wet grip and a lot of treadlife. 12k miles on them and they show little to no wear.

I'm about to buy Kuhmo Ecsta SPT's in 215/40/17's for my prelude. I'll review them when I get some miles/track time on them.

Comment

I didn't get my Khumo SPT's because tirerack stopped their special 2 hours before I went to buy them. So I got General Exclaim UHP's in 215/40/17.

They work really well in the wet, stick like glue on slippery/loose pavement, and more than hold up with other more track oriented tires out on a road couse. My prelude is down 40 hp on the rest of the preludes I went out on the track with and I could more than keep up with them because of how much grip these tires gave me in the corners. Their limits are easily found and very predictable. I'll probably buy another set unless I find something else that is good for cheap.

Comment

Federal ss595

I would say 8/10. I have no complaints for these tires. They are wearing well for how sticky they are. They were great when I took them to the track and they are very good in the rain. Also, For a cheap tire cant go wrong and yes I would buy them again.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

225/35yr18 bridgestone pontenza s-03 traction AA. a grippy ass tire i must say
                      Last edited by oneoffaccord; 07-08-2007, 02:06 AM.

Comment

BFG T/a traction pro series. GRIPS HARD in wet and dry. 195/60/15. i wanna go to a 55.
                        Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Used toyo 15's (not the rims though)
                          Last edited by ex_style90; 07-07-2007, 05:13 PM.
                          My Black "H"
                          AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

Kumho Ecsta ASX, I rate them slightly above average. Overall a decent tire, but I guess I was expecting a lot.

Comment

Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 (205/50/15) - 2/10
                              Bought them brand new. Decent price, VERY shitty, poor grip on both dry and wet, never got a chance to try them in snow..Prolly wouldn't do much better..Since then I have never bought another set of Korean tires

Bridgestone Potenza RE92 (205/60/15); (205/50/16) - 6/10
                              Got them used both times, about 30% tread left..Decent grip in the summer, can get quite sticky in hot hot weather..Wet, not so good...Snow, BAAD..Treadwear is not so good either..Wear out quite a bit on the fast side..

Michelin Energy Plus MXV4 (205/60/15); (225/50/17) - 8.5/10
                              Excellent all-season tires..Perform REALLY well in wet conditions, and didn't let me down during snow either! It was a bit of a struggle since they're not exactly winter tires, but sufficient nevertheless! Dry, eh..As long as you don't push it around the corners, you are okay..They also seem to have quite a long life, didn't wear out that easy.Last but not least, quite possibly the lightest tires I've had so far! Can be a bit pricey if you buy them brand new though..

Dunlop Sport SP-5000 (195/50/16) - 6/10
                              Didn't get to drive on them for too long..Very good traction on dry roads, not too thrilled about them when wet though...Not good enough for my driving..

Bridgestone Potenza G-III (205/55/16) [Current] - 9/10
                              Used, about 70% tread left..So far these tires have proven themselves to be quite sticky! In both dry and wet conditions! Actually they feel about the same in both conditions...I can take corners really hard when it's wet, and they will grip the roads as if the roads are dry...Very happy with them! The only complain I have is that they are a bit noisy...Could be because I have half of my interior stripped for this summer though

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

205/50/16 Nitto NeoGen AA traction, 280 treadwear.
                                Just got them on today. Significant amount of road noise at speed. Excellent dry braking and traction. Supposedly engineered to be run on lowered vehicles. The inner tread is continuous and thicker than the outer tread.
                                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                                X