Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hooking up a relay harness to hids

okay so i purchased a relay harness

i have everything wired up properly but i purchased the H4 adaptor instead of the 9006 becuase i have the jdm's in and swaped out the 9006 oem harness for the H4 ones. when i installed the hid relay harness nothing comes on? im 100% sure i installed this correctly, i even hear the clicking noise coming from the relay is there somthing i missed or does somone else have the same problem? ive been tampering with this for 2 days now reversing the wires (thought i might have hooked up the sockets wrong), tryed both sides of the harness, checked ground/battery, all wiring is secure, fuse is good what am i doing wrong?

i responded in the other thread you jacked =)

but the connector that goes to the ballast maybe its backwards.

if you really are wondering abotu the h4 connector....take that wire directly to battery terminal and see if it turns on. im pretty sure you hooked it up right cause you get a click.

oh i bought that relay kit from ebay, its crap hahahah the wire is too thin...i upgraded it lol for my conversion.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

sounds like the polarity on the ballast is reversed this was my problem when i hooked up my hid kit. What is the advantage to buying this relay harness?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
        sounds like the polarity on the ballast is reversed this was my problem when i hooked up my hid kit. What is the advantage to buying this relay harness?
        The perpose of the harness is to stop ur stock wiring from bein fried. I learned that from the members here, it is possible 2 hook up the hid's without it but its a hat toss when it comes to how long they will last without damage.
        Arcadia Green Crew #48
        Arcadia Green- "It's not just a color, It's a lifestyle"
        My Transformer on myspace
        Sold to: JakFrostwhite, Icedplaya123
        Vouch for: Straight_Success, Bcozzi71,IcedPlaya123,RevHard215,F20ACB7,CB7 91/DX
        RPM we the best!!!
        Reading/Philly Mob CB7Tuner #1
        93 Lx Arcadia Green a.k.a Assoluto: R.I.P
        92 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Xevious: R.I.P
        93 Ex Arcadia Green a.k.a Luxo:In service now !!!
        Are 3 Arcadia Green coupes 2 many !!!

Comment

how does it get damaged? and how does this help the situation

Comment

how does it get damaged? and how does this help the situation

it will fry you're battery!!!!

lol today is a perfect example, i was trying out diffrent methods attaching from the oem socket used

instead of the H4 socket and FRIED my battery i didnt even notice till i went to run some errands and parked the car. came back try to start it, DEAD. Lucky i had a friend that worked near by and drove my ass to canadian tire thank god for warrenty. This day on forward im not touching anything electrocial unless im 110% positive.

So far i tryed reversing the ballast and fooled around with the oem harness abit no luck, i blew my main fuse under the hood twice already

anyone know that means? i know i short circuted some how?

Comment

you have to have something crossed....the turn on lead for the relay, u tagged to the right wire on the factor harness right?

do this....connect only one ballast and start it up. if that doesnt work disconnect it and only connect the other remaining ballast. maybe you have a bad one.

you sure on the relay harness you got black going to ground and red going to positive on the battery? and the fuse on the line is good?

do this then....disconnect the hid kit temporary...replace the blown fuses in the fuse box and turn on the headlights, does it blow? if it does disconenct the plug that went to the relay harness from the 9006 plug...and then try again, if it dont blow you have a short in that harness.

try to knock out a bad ballast first.

*you sure you hear a clicking noise comming from the relay of your HID kit? and its not the factory relay turning on? you can physically hold the relay for the hid kit, turn on the lights and feel it click?*
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by lx-accord
                it will fry you're battery!!!!

lol today is a perfect example, i was trying out diffrent methods attaching from the oem socket used

instead of the H4 socket and FRIED my battery i didnt even notice till i went to run some errands and parked the car. came back try to start it, DEAD. Lucky i had a friend that worked near by and drove my ass to canadian tire thank god for warrenty. This day on forward im not touching anything electrocial unless im 110% positive.

So far i tryed reversing the ballast and fooled around with the oem harness abit no luck, i blew my main fuse under the hood twice already

anyone know that means? i know i short circuted some how?
                how the hell did it fry your battery? i dont get it...

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                  you have to have something crossed....the turn on lead for the relay, u tagged to the right wire on the factor harness right?

do this....connect only one ballast and start it up. if that doesnt work disconnect it and only connect the other remaining ballast. maybe you have a bad one.

you sure on the relay harness you got black going to ground and red going to positive on the battery? and the fuse on the line is good?

do this then....disconnect the hid kit temporary...replace the blown fuses in the fuse box and turn on the headlights, does it blow? if it does disconenct the plug that went to the relay harness from the 9006 plug...and then try again, if it dont blow you have a short in that harness.

try to knock out a bad ballast first.

*you sure you hear a clicking noise comming from the relay of your HID kit? and its not the factory relay turning on? you can physically hold the relay for the hid kit, turn on the lights and feel it click?*

i have tryed everything, i even got rid of the H4 male adapter that came with the relay harness and directly wired them to the relay. All im doing is blowing the fuse thats located in the fuse box under the hood. Both ballast and bulbs are in working order, they flicker and somtimes dont come on when i have them directly hooked up to the oem harness hense the reason for the relay harness, any ideas?

30-battery (fused)
                  87-ground (spliced w/ballast)
                  85-oem harness (postive / (red w/green stripe <- oem wire)
                  86-oem harness (ground / black <- oem wire)

85 and 86 are the ones i have hooked up to the oem harness (switch)

i cant afford to buy more fuses!! lol im on my 6th 20 amp fuse

Comment

how the hell did it fry your battery? i dont get it...

at one point i left the relay attached with out it working (running erands) and i think i was sending a positive current back to the battery from the oem harness, I was driving like that for about hour or so , either that or i completely drained my battery? .. all i know is boosting wasnt working

Comment

Originally posted by lx-accord
                      i have tryed everything, i even got rid of the H4 male adapter that came with the relay harness and directly wired them to the relay. All im doing is blowing the fuse thats located in the fuse box under the hood. Both ballast and bulbs are in working order, they flicker and somtimes dont come on when i have them directly hooked up to the oem harness hense the reason for the relay harness, any ideas?

30-battery (fused)
                      87-ground (spliced w/ballast)
                      85-oem harness (postive / (red w/green stripe <- oem wire)
                      86-oem harness (ground / black <- oem wire)

85 and 86 are the ones i have hooked up to the oem harness (switch)

i cant afford to buy more fuses!! lol im on my 6th 20 amp fuse
                      30 battery fused
                      87 to ballast
                      85 positive from harness
                      86 ground.

u have 30 going directly to ground...whatever 30 has its going to shoot to 87...that needs to be directly to ur ballast.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

did u figure this out yet?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                          did u figure this out yet?

negative

im to scared to touch it now, with this new battery i dont wanna screw it up. Im pretty sure my old battery was just done cause i stored it for winter and it was bound to happend but now that i have the new one in im to scared to tamper with it, MY subs arent even hooked up right now cause im so parrel haha dont laugh

Comment

HID (9006) setup since 2005,
                            3 years, no problems.

No relay,
                            engine fuse box,
                            stock headlight 20A fuse replaced with 30A fuse.
                            1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
                            2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
                            3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
                            4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
                            5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

Originally posted by accordmaniac
                              HID (9006) setup since 2005,
                              3 years, no problems.

No relay,
                              engine fuse box,
                              stock headlight 20A fuse replaced with 30A fuse.

never not wanted to work on you before? i mean if i switch to a 30 amp you think its getting enough volts to keep them on? lol i hate having to restart my car if it fails at coming on the first time .

Comment

Working...
                              X