Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever Put a 5-speed harness into an already 5-speed swapped automatic CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever Put a 5-speed harness into an already 5-speed swapped automatic CB7

Put a 5-speed harness into an already 5-speed swapped automatic CB7?
    I reeaalllyyy need some experienced help right now.

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
    "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Not going to be pretty... the automatic includes extra wires, so by trying to install a "reduced" 5spd engine harness, you'll find it has plugs that don't match up to the plugs on your engine bay wiring. That's why you need to match the harness to whatever originally came in your engine bay....

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

It's already in. My car was already swapped to 5-speed but had an auto harness. it got cut up. So i swapped a 5-speed harness in it. since it is already 5-speed swapped. got the 5-speed fuse boxes and put em in too.
      The question is. Has anyone ever done this besides me?

"Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

So you are swapping out the *entire* Engine harness, Bay harness, and Dash/ecu harnesses combined? That requires tearing apart a lot of the car and is sooooooOoOoOo much more work than just finding another auto Engine harness that plugs right in (since that is the only one easily accessible/removable)

I've done it before... just usually I will find *every* other alternative before even considering it... how was taking apart your dashboard and heater core?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

It's already done! The 5-speed harness is already swapped in! the WHOLE thing. I just can't get it right. I guess no one has done this before?

Comment

i'm swapping mine soon. found a manual a1 tranny and extra parts (shifter, pedal,slave cylinder, clutch, and cables) but they're out of an EG. and i'm not sure all the extra parts will fit, but the tranny should line up perfectly with my h23a1. but i need to know if i can use the wire harness from my f22 auto or not.

Comment

you can use your auto harness and be fine.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I did this to my white coupe. I had an entire automatic. Swapped it to 5spd. I didn't like all the clutter the auto harness had so I removed the whole engine, dash, and firewall harness from my old 5spd cb and swapped it in my automatic converted manual cb.

Works great however it was a ton of work!

I know you can't interchange auto and manual harnesses so that's what lead me to change everything.

Comment

you have to swap the interior harness AND the engine harness or you wont ever "get it right"

if you just swapped the engine harness then it wont work correctly. swap the interior harness and it should work if you plugged everything in correctly.
                  frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Swapped it all. the iterior and exterior

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                      I did this to my white coupe. I had an entire automatic. Swapped it to 5spd. I didn't like all the clutter the auto harness had so I removed the whole engine, dash, and firewall harness from my old 5spd cb and swapped it in my automatic converted manual cb.

Works great however it was a ton of work!

I know you can't interchange auto and manual harnesses so that's what lead me to change everything.
                      I PM'ed you amn. Needin some help. If I can't figure it out in a couple days I'm puttin a new auto harness back in. Cause this is ridiculous.

Comment

Right now the guage lights stay on as long as the battery is hooked up (with or without keys in). It is an auto guage cluster. Does that matter? and the check engine light codes flash on the battery light. Like the battery light stays on and flashes the check engine light codes. and also the fuel pump comes on as soon as the battery is attached. It comes on and then shuts off. Just like when you put the key in the start position. and when you turn the key over all you hear is 2 diff relays clicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
                          It's already in. My car was already swapped to 5-speed but had an auto harness. it got cut up. So i swapped a 5-speed harness in it. since it is already 5-speed swapped. got the 5-speed fuse boxes and put em in too.
                          The question is. Has anyone ever done this besides me?
                          i converted my auto to 5 speed and im using a 5speed harness and i still have a auto cluster...no big issues except i cant drive at a steady rpm thats below 3k or it will bog/jerk and i have check engine light on. Ive already bought another auto harness thats uncut just waiting on right weather to go ahead and swap em out but since i got a mild tuck i need to extend the injector plugs.

QUESTION! once i use a auto harness again, what can i do to the extra plugs for the tranny etc? can i just cut them off or what?

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                          When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

There's one you have to put a fuse in. The others should be fine to just cut off. But don't do that until you know everything you need plugged up is plugged up lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondalover View Post
                              There's one you have to put a fuse in. The others should be fine to just cut off. But don't do that until you know everything you need plugged up is plugged up lol.
                              gotcha... witch one needs a fuse?

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                              When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                              X