Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

DSM Turbo setups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea just like vw corrados or any british car.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      The 4G63 is an amazing engine when not abused... of course, old Hyundais are abused, as are old Mitsubishis... and the old DSMs are abused by kids that don't know how to mod a car!

The fact that any turbo DSMs are still on the road today is a testament to the engine's quality. They should ALL be blown up by now!
      They probably all have blown up by know.

Thing is, people that own and love DSM's rebuild rather then let go.

I have 3 DSM's. I have built 5 motors for myself, and 3 others for people I know.

My 2gb eclipse has blown 3 motors. I have also had it for 12 years.

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
      Any questions feel free to ask, I've built my dsm several times am now pushing 49 lbs per min with a timing curveof 17 degrees at 33 psi.
      From our calculations I'm near 12.5 hp per 1lb a min. as I cannot find a local awd dyno.
      See, he's built his several times now too.

Nice numbers BTW.

In my stalled 2gb, I have an hx35 setup running similar numbers.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Im swapping a f22a1 in my 95phone accord and going to do the dsm setup. I was wondering what I needed to tune crome on my chipped p06

Comment

you need the software dattalogger and chip burner or take it to your local tuner

Comment

would this kit work? then all i would need is a chip burner?
            http://www.xenocron.com/diyer-intro-...age-p-238.html
            Last edited by 1995accordlx; 02-08-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

any ideas?

Comment

How much PSI it holds? Dude... if you don't know what you're talking about with turbo, stop right there and start doing some research. If you're "in the process", just stop until you actually know what you're doing.

Comment

How much PSI it holds? Dude... if you don't know what you're talking about with turbo, stop right there and start doing some research. If you're "in the process", just stop until you actually know what you're doing.
                  What is stock boost on the 14b, does anyone know off the top of their head?
                  Like what is the stock internal waste gate set to open at.

Idk if that's what that guy was asking but I'm curious now, lol.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                  I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt...turbo-psi.html
                    That link says a bit about it... I'm linking to it moreso because I really like how they do things there.

Comment

What?

Comment

lol i went through this thread and it was all good, very good talk, then this guy shows up.

a turbo doesnt hold anything. the wastegate regulates the psi, and stock turbos often come with internal wastegates. deev was just trying to help you brehh
                        峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by cb7brehh View Post
                          I take my words back . But just tryna learn that's what this site is about right ? I know the wastegate is ware you can mess w the psi but I tought after saying 15psi n the turbo can only take so much like 10 before it destroys ? . Jus wana learn that's it .
                          i think what you mean is how much boost the turbo is capable of putting out.the 14b turbo is capable of is 20 psi be for it starts to over heat itself from spinning to fast.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by cb7brehh View Post
                            Thank you sooooo much u answer what I was tryna ask . Guess ppl took it the wrong way .
                            you'r welcome

my new turbo build

Comment

It's hard to take anything any way when you type like that. Please type like a human being.

The turbo doesn't 'hold' pressure. 92smokeaccord is right that it will eventually fail if it spins too fast. A stock F22A will blow up with far less than 20psi from a 14b.

I assume that's what you wanted to know, correct? How much the engine itself can take?
                              THIS is why I told you that you need to learn something before you continue building. I could imagine that somehow, by some miracle, you actually managed to install a turbo and get your car running... then blow it to shit in 2 days by boosting it to 20psi because that's what you THOUGHT was the correct answer to your nearly unintelligible question...

But hey... I'm a "di*k". Good luck to you.

Comment

It's hard to take anything any way when you type like that. Please type like a human being.

The turbo doesn't 'hold' pressure. 92smokeaccord is right that it will eventually fail if it spins too fast. A stock F22A will blow up with far less than 20psi from a 14b.
                                yes the f22a is a war horse for broken ringlands..that motor could blow at 5psi or 15psi,could blow 10mins after install or 10 years.also depends on the tune and tuner.you could spend all the money to get the setup and everything but the motor will be your bottle neck..on a stock f22a you can probably see 200whp all day everyday.i also want to say its about miles as well..how many miles are on the motor you plan to boost?

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
                                X