No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about that Paul, corrected my mistake =). If you have them yes please. You can remove the control arms from the glass, I can send you a pic of the manual on how to do it, but you basically remove the c clip under the arm where it attaches to the glass on the inside.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Loving the interior boss!!
      I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
      Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      My coupe!!!
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
      Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

alright, been a while since I have updated my thread, I have incorporated somethings that I have been wanting to do for a while now.

First thing,

Scored a great deal on some RL calipers from Mark and his buddy, granted I know I have plenty of stopping power with my current odyssey brakes, but RL calipers do look sexy in our wheel wells.

I then paired these with R1 Concept, 350z Nismo edition Drilled and slotted 12.6" rotors:

To support these calipers I went with the tried and true FatFourCustoms Brackets and again both these companies provided excellent customer service!

Since I wanted to run extended studs, I went to they yard and picked up some 00-02 v6 Accord knuckles and went ahead and replaced the bearings and ball joints, as well as installed ARP extended studs.

I had to run a 20mm spacer to clear the 06 Civic SI rims, but this will be ok until I save up for my rims that I want in the future.

Then for my birthday, my wife surprised me and purchased sychnrotech Carbon Master rebuild kit and a machined Accord 5th gear to rebuild my T2W4. Im excited and nervous to explore in uncharted territory. Again major shout out to David at Synchrotech for hooking my wife up and making it easy for her to place the order.

Then finally and the mod I was most excited about, was I worked with Simon at Nomis Industries and Steve with Simmonstuning/hondarulez_usa and was able to get a prototype and final product for COP tie downs for the f22a. I don't think I'm the first person to have their F22a COP converted but I was excited to at least help bring it to the public.

Final products:

Nomis industries ECU cover, allows us to see the s300 and hondarulez COP motherboard:

Gutted Dizzy

This was taken prior to dressing up wire harness, but you get the idea:

I haven't had a chance to drive on it yet, but I did let it idle for a bit and I do notice that it does idle smoother then before which is nice.
        Last edited by Grumpys93; 06-30-2020, 10:12 PM.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Very cool setup meng! She’s looking good bro.
          5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Love how you are the first for the F series COP kit. It will help out so much!

Comment

So many sick upgrades! I'm guessing RLs don't fit under 16" wheels?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Very nice!
                (in the syncrotech Accord F22 5th gear set the larger gear is not required / is the same size as OEM. I confronted them about this and he agreed. Guess they make their $ this way too. All good either way.)

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                  Very cool setup meng! She’s looking good bro.
                  Thanks Mark! And thanks for the RL calipers as well!
                  Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                  Love how you are the first for the F series COP kit. It will help out so much!
                  Ya so far I am loving it, car idles smoother and now I don’t have to worry about the high failure items. It also cleans up the bay a bit.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                  So many sick upgrades! I'm guessing RLs don't fit under 16" wheels?
                  That is correct, they just barely clear the 17s by maybe a 1/4 of an inch.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  Very nice!
                  (in the syncrotech Accord F22 5th gear set the larger gear is not required / is the same size as OEM. I confronted them about this and he agreed. Guess they make their $ this way too. All good either way.)
                  It never hearts time replace a 27 year old gear. But I was wondering what all they did to the gears as the big gear didn’t look like anything was done to it.
                  ~Nick~

Comment

So been chasing down some gremlins and happy that I found the culprits:

First thing first, I went back to my old Odyssey Setup in the front, due to the 20mm spacers pushing the wheel to far out and causing them to rub on the fender. So I just decided to wait until I can get my dream rims, which will cost about 2k.

Second, I have gone back to the traditional dizzy setup, kept having issues with spark blow out past 10 psi. Once I purchase all new Coil Packs Ill go back to the COP setup. I tried troubleshooting which coil it was , but I was only working with 5 packs and the junkyard doesn't have any j series. I have iridium plugs and they were gapped to .021 and was stilling having issues with spark blow out. So im sure one the coils was weak.

Third,
                    Finally washed her after 6 years of neglect. I will eventually claybar and wax her but the wash is good for now.

Fourth,
                    Was having issues with 2-4 not going into gear, I thought it was the trans going out, until I decided to upgrade to an s2000 CMC and as I was looking how the hardline was routed, noticed the damper system was leaking and Boom ran the CMC direct to the Slave and now it shifts like butter.

So I killed a couple birds with one stone. Cleaned up the bay with a cleaner look, solved my trans issue, and reduced weight

And last but not least,
                    I decided to tackle my fuel leak. I noticed that my gas tank wasn't hissing whenever I opened the fuel cap and anytime my tank was half full and I took a hard right turn I would smell fuel. So I dropped the tank and found the breather hose was torn right at the clamp. I went ahead and replaced all the 27 year old rubber hoses while I was down there. Problem Solved.

She is running strong, still fun as hell to drive and I have a dyno appointment setup on the 9th to finally get some numbers. Hopefully the place doesn't get struck by lightening again.

Also Heads up, Ill be moving to VA soon. so anyone live in the area send me a DM!
                    Last edited by Grumpys93; 09-02-2020, 11:51 PM.
                    ~Nick~

Comment

Damn, they couldn’t send you out west huh. Bummer.
                      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Looking through this thread with all the updates and major upgrades, it takes me back to when I was trying to perfect mine. You are currently doing it, and I no longer have mine. So, this leaves me in a position where I to sit back and watch basically living vicariously through you. Now I know how it feels to be on the other side of a building watching eagerly looking forward to seeing the outcome/finished product (I cautiously use the term finished product because project cars seem to never be done).

Keep up the entertainment and great work.
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Finally made it to a dyno, had to drive 45 mins to get to it, since the only dyno in shop is for only RWD. (I know crock of dookie), they are a domestic only shop. Anyways I made my horsepower goal not my torque goal. 314/247 @ 14psi. It was interesting I did 4 pulls and I gained hp and tq on each run without touching anything. The dyno guy said that is probably because I don't normally push it that hard and its cleaning up the plugs and cylinders. Ill go back again sometime next year when I bump the boost up to 18psi. My goal is 350 at 18psi. After today I think I'll be able to achieve that.
                          At least this puts me in the top 10 for boost kings lol

Power band is where I want it and it is nice and smooth, This is also on a conservative tune, I may go back and ask them to make an aggressive tune, that I can switch up on the fly if I want more juice out of it. But all in all I'm Happy.

Also here is a link to the exhaust note on the dyno run:
                          Last edited by Grumpys93; 12-15-2020, 12:05 AM.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

Yaa, your exhaust note is quite different than mine, but sounds good. The volume of growl that increases on your car is cool. & nice curve too. I see you were doing reverse / 1st gear launches on the dyno...

Comment

This is a good exhaust note! I’m glad you finally got it dyno’ed.
                              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

So..... CB7Tuner sent me a thread update that I don't recall EVER getting for this thread, but I am glad it did. It is so nice to see this car still making power after 15+ years of modding am I am glad that you are still loving the Accord. Keep up the great work Nick. I think a small shot of nitrous can get you those hp goals you are looking for, lol

174.92 BHP / 171.45 WTQ

Comment

Working...
                                X