Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 accord se random starting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 accord se random starting issue

Sorry if this has been asked before. Replaced a bunch of parts: spark plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, fuel pump, battery. Checked the ignition module at the store and supposedly the main fuel relay and they were good. Ordered another relay online just to make sure but currently I'm still using the old one.

The car randomly starts when it wants to. Sometimes it starts strong, sometimes weak or none at all. Lately it hasn't been starting at all. Replaced the fuel pump just last night and I got it to start a few times, like 5/10 times I tried... heard the pump go when I started the car last night but this morning I couldn't hear it... pretty sure I heard it go on last night though and it started...

This is frustrating but I don't wanna take this to a shop if I can do it myself. Any suggestions???

I had the same problem... it was the main relay. Pull your relay out and make your decision from there. You should be able to tell if the relay is good or bad.

Comment

If you turn the key to run, and you dont hear the fuel pump kick in, then its most likely the main relay thats acting up.

If you turn the key to run, and the fuel pump kicks in, but it still wont start after you crank it over, you might have another issue.

But, considering how the main relay is such a common problem, and almost all of us on the site have had to replace ours at one point in time, its probably going to be that!

Also dont forget you can fix your main relay as well, as opposed to replacing it. Main relay's are sort of expensive when compared to a roll of solder that you could use to fix it with.
      There are plenty of threads on this site that have information on the main relay problem and fixes, and can be found quite easily with the search function

Good luck
      ON_N20
      Nitrous = Been there. Turbo = Now. Nitrous + Turbo?... LOADING

Comment

Alright guys thanks for the feedback. I'll replace/fix the relay and tell you how it goes!
        Last edited by fengshuizy; 03-20-2010, 06:29 AM.

Comment

the relay and new battery terminals fixed this issue perfectly. thanks so much guys! and nice forum!!

Comment

i used to have that problem where if i started it turned it off and tried to start it again it wouldnt go. it turned out to be spark plugs make sure there good.

Comment

Originally posted by fengshuizy View Post
              the relay and new battery terminals fixed this issue perfectly. thanks so much guys! and nice forum!!
              awesome...glad to hear that...just for future reference: if you suspect the main relay again, I have gotten under the dash and tapped on the relay with the handle of a screwdriver while trying to start it...doesn't always work...but if your stuck somewhere it may get you going...later
              "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
              ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
              US Navy Electrician
              Contact me if you need help on the side.
              '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
              '01 Civic LX
              '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

good to see that you got your problem solved ad your cb runs well

Comment

Working...
                X