Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Porting the H23 IM or Double stack? or Both

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porting the H23 IM or Double stack? or Both

I just got my second H23 IM
    "Double Stacking" is an option that i have ... but what if you where to port the IM as well. So have the IM double stack and ported...? has any body tried it? If it worked is there a DIY on how to Port IM? Thanks
    Last edited by tonka9999; 08-18-2011, 07:01 AM.

I wouldn't bother porting the IM. I assume this is going on an F22A... The manifold will flow just fine. Too much airflow, and the engine won't know what to do with it.

Comment

That make since... hey it a smaller Pic this time Im learning! haha Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I wouldn't bother porting the IM. I assume this is going on an F22A... The manifold will flow just fine. Too much airflow, and the engine won't know what to do with it.
        especially if you are not tuning the ECU.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

You could try extrude honing. That allows the best possible porting, provided you still wanted to go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
            especially if you are not tuning the ECU.
            Damn Gary, haven't seen you around in a bit!

Originally posted by The Producer View Post
            You could try extrude honing. That allows the best possible porting, provided you still wanted to go that route.
            That's true... but that's probably a good deal out of his price range. Extrude honing is stupid expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              That's true... but that's probably a good deal out of his price range. Extrude honing is stupid expensive.
              I guess that explains why I've only read about it!
              Has anyone on here done it?

Comment

If your going to do anything to the intake manifold, the term you want is flow balancing and gasket matching. The service I had on my intake manifold was just this, and the imperfections in casting were smoothed out/removed. To take full advantage of the gasket matching, I would also need to have intake side of the head ported/gasket matched as well.
                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

ok what about just gasket matching the two IAB spacer's and TB?

Comment

Originally posted by tonka9999 View Post
                    ok what about just gasket matching the two IAB spacer's and TB?
                    CHRRacing is where I had my intake manifold flowbalanced/polished/gasketmatched. The IAB spacers do not even need to be modified. If my throttle body had been bored, CHRRacing would have matched the opening of the throttle body to the plenum as part of the service also.

Hybrid Intake:

A6 Runners w/Flow Numbers:

Plugged gutted IAB spacer:

H23 Plenum

Last edited by cloudasc; 08-15-2011, 04:45 PM.
                    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Good help

Im going to try do it all my self...at least polishing them! Thanks for the info and pics!

Comment

Working...
                      X