• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love vids!
    visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
      i love vids!
      I took the water pump back off and degreed the cam. Again. Previous owner doesn't know what it has I have found. He answered my call the other day and he had some receipts for me to pick up but then he told me something different about the cam it has. Now he says Jasper rmfg used a Melling RV cam which I cannot tell because it's not in the paper work. But it was rebuilt 6000 miles ago by Jasper in July 2006. I guess that's alright. I knew it was because the whole damn engine is grey. Not blue as it should be.

Comment

Installed new Gates upper and lower radiator hoses along with new hose clamps. Also replaced a short piece of hose that goes from the water pump to the intake manifold. New hose clamps on it as well. Also installed a new 195* thermostat and a Mr. Gasket thermostat housing/water neck.

The good stuff. I ended up using two bottles of water and about 1.75 gallons of straight antifreeze.

Removing the water neck made such a mess. I was not pleased.

New Gates upper radiator hose.

The factory water neck was too corroded and it leaked. Making more of a damn mess.

New lower Gates radiator hose.

Mr. Gasket water neck. No more leaking!

Comment

That water neck kind of stands out. Maybe you should chrome the whole engine and maybe even the entire truck!
          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
            That water neck kind of stands out. Maybe you should chrome the whole engine and maybe even the entire truck!
            I thought it really made it look better myself. Eventually it will have a well done Ford blue block/heads with Edelbrock signature series valve covers and an Edlebrock performer intake manifold among a few other things. Right now I just want to be done with this thing and drive it.

If I do end up pulling the engine out then I'm doing a frame off restoration. I'm either going to do it to it or just leaving at as it is now. Which mechanically it's great, because I made it that way, but it's not a looker.

Comment

Right now it's also straight piped. I have the rear exhaust section taken off to replace the gasket. This thing is so loud... I had a '73 F100 with a 390 cubic inch FE block and it didn't have shit on this 460 as for noise.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                Right now it's also straight piped. I have the rear exhaust section taken off to replace the gasket. This thing is so loud... I had a '73 F100 with a 390 cubic inch FE block and it didn't have shit on this 460 as for noise.
                You should take it to a parking garage and set off alarms

Comment

You should take it to a parking garage and set off alarms
                  I did take it down the road and one of my neighbors slammed his front door closed as it was open. So I took it to about 2000 in granny low and punched the shit out of it and grabbed second real hard after I got turned around.

Comment

Tomorrow I'm doing the rear brakes and parking brake cables. Then it's going to get an inspection Monday! Can't freakin' wait. Finally going to get to drive this thing on the road. Legally.

Got insurance on it. 100/300/100 for $37 more a month.

My new tachometer comes in Monday as well.

Comment

10,000 RPM, being a bit optimistic aren't we

Comment

10,000 RPM, being a bit optimistic aren't we
                        I think I will set the shift light at 4,000. I wanted one with a shift light, this one was the cheapest I could find that didn't look god awful. Plus being an Auto Meter I figured it would be accurate and reliable.

Bad thing is, the 750cfm carb will wrap it way higher and way quicker than it can handle. I'd hate to see how high I have already revved this thing. I'd say I've hit 6000 in it a few times. Which on 460ford.com they say the 460 will handle it but I don't think so. That's a lot of iron to move that fast.

Comment

I got the back brakes almost done. The line was seized to the fitting for the wheel cylinder on the driver side. So I have to go get a line today.

The wheel cylinders were leaking, the passenger side was horrible.

I got the parking brake cables on too! Which is bad ass and they work so much better. The pedal feels better and releases perfect.

I'm also going to replace the rear brake hose. So the whole brake system will be new minus the hard lines which are in good shape. All but the one that I had to break yesterday for the wheel cylinder.

With the wheel off.

As you can see everything was wet.

New shoes laid out so I can remember which way the springs go.

All but the wheel cylinder removed.

Wheel cylinder removed, cleaning up a bit.

New park brake cable installed. Getting there on putting it together.

Almost ready for the drum to go back on.

Now for the driver side.

Where the line goes to the wheel cylinder and the location of the bleeder.

Driver side put back together and the drum going on.

Comment

My tachometer comes in today. I hope to have it installed today but we will see how that goes.

I have to:

Install the center brake hose.
                            Install the brake line that broke.
                            Bleed the rear brakes.
                            Loom some wires by the rear fuel tank that I found exposed. Someone took the loom off for the trailer wiring.
                            Finish bolting the park brake pedal assembly back in.
                            Bolt the exhaust up, I haven't taken pics yet, but I unbolted the rear section to replace the gasket. More on that later on today.

Tomorrow I plan to take it to go get an inspection. Then on Thursday I plan to go to the DMV to get the front plate. It's been a long time getting this thing ready. So freakin' stoked.

Comment

I got it and installed it already. Pretty neat!

Comment

I got it done! It's finally done and ready to go get an inspection. So glad to be done with this thing.

Only thing is tuning the carb, again, and I might pay a professional to do it. I'm also going to throw a new distributor cap, rotor and coil on it Thursday or Friday. Also possibly an inline liquid filled fuel pressure gauge. All pittley stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X