CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Image Gallery

Old 05-17-2015, 03:27 PM   #21
JFISHTHECREATOR
CB7tuner Member

JFISHTHECREATOR is cool... so far.
Send a message via Skype™ to JFISHTHECREATOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Be VERY careful with that transmission. I'd trust running the J32A2's power through a feberge egg before I would the transmission that comes with it. If you do ever have issues, though, the 2006-2007 Accord V6 automatic transmission is a direct swap. That transmission is built much better and was Honda's post recall/class-action suit revision.

I've got a thread going in the Other Automotive Member's Rides section for my own CL as well. It's not much to check out now, but I've been working on both cars simultaneously like you have.
I feel ya on the transmission. I hope it lasts a while, if not then i might get the trans you recommended , or a 6 speed m/t from a 7th gen accord. If you have any tips on maintenance and what not let me know. I'm still learning the car. Thanks!
JFISHTHECREATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:58 AM   #22
JFISHTHECREATOR
CB7tuner Member

updates

I installed a 1992 prelude shifter into the car (will do a DIY)

I charged the A/C , Cleaned the condenser , and put the temp adj. cable back on the dial (it was off and I had no idea)

SO the A/C works now, but it's not very cold. Compressor kicks on. low pressure pipe sweats , high pressure pipe is warm.

I took out the glow gauges (they didn't work) , and installed a red gauge bezel that I got at the JY a while back.

I sanded and polished the rims, and I polished the muffler/tip.

I plan to take the mud flaps off, and paint the raised HONDA letters white. And maybe paint the chrome part of the grille seattle silver metallic to match the body.

That's all I can think of right now.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #23
preludeNinja
CB7tuner Member

preludeNinja is cool... so far.
Sounds like good progress. Never underestimate the value a little elbow grease can add.
preludeNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:57 AM   #24
Kev1990
CB7tuner Member

Kev1990 is cool... so far.
One thing I must say is I love 90-91 amazingly clean set of tail lights nice cb7.
Kev1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:48 PM   #25
JFISHTHECREATOR
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev1990 View Post
One thing I must say is I love 90-91 amazingly clean set of tail lights nice cb7.
thank you very much. i like the 90/91 over 92/93 myself. just a different look.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #26
JFISHTHECREATOR
CB7tuner Member

I cleaned the upper intake (PLENUM?) , and had issues so i did a ton of things and it turned out to be the tps, so i replaced that and the car runs great now.

before i replaced the clutch , the car did not have a stiff pedal and it would engage at the top of the pedal . So , yesterday , almost a year after replacing the clutch , i adjusted the clutch master cylinder. I broke the lock nut loose and turned clockwise until the rod bottomed out, then replaced the locking nut.

now the pedal is MUUCH more firm. however the clutch still doesn't engage til the pedal is all the way out. also the clutch will slip now if i'm doing about 40 in fourth and floor it. it didn't do that before..

Also , i plan to ruin the egr ports, and replace with DIY removable ports. this is only because it seems the car is using a bit of gas.. it might just be how i drive though lol..

before anyone says anything, i have replaced fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs , and plug wires , as well as clean the egr valve.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:31 PM   #27
Agnes93coupe
Newcomer

Agnes93coupe is cool... so far.
hey man, it can probably be that you adjusted a bit too much and causing the clutch to slip..
Agnes93coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:24 AM   #28
JFISHTHECREATOR
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnes93coupe View Post
hey man, it can probably be that you adjusted a bit too much and causing the clutch to slip..
yeah, i took it out for a drive after turning the master cylinder , and boy did that clutch slip. turned it back in a turn or two , but the clutch still doesn't engage till almost all the way out, and now that the master cylinder is turned in a little bit, there isn't a ton of pressure.
Old 12-26-2015, 03:46 PM   #29
JFISHTHECREATOR
CB7tuner Member

Update

I have adjusted the clutch so its pretty close to the floor when it engages.
I have sanded my hood back down to remove imperfections, then re-primered.
I replaced front lower ball joints, front wheel bearings, front rotors and brake pads, rear shoes and spring kit.
I installed my fog light's minus the harness.
I deleted my power antenna assembly, plugged the hole, and grounded the antenna to the body for functionality.
I drilled out the EGR ports, and did the DIY serviceable pipe plug EGR port, and I obviously cleaned it out while i was in there..... used 3 cans of TB cleaner and got a mix of carbon chunks and carbon in fluid form.

AND THEN............

I went and bought some stock strut assemblies(all four) from a junkyard car that had 87,000 miles. Threw my Eibach sportline's on them , and now......

Last edited by JFISHTHECREATOR; 12-26-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:41 PM   #30
JFISHTHECREATOR
CB7tuner Member

It's been a long time since I have made a post. I have lost motivation for a lot of things, and one of those is the CB. I really want to get it right and squared away. I haven't made any progress on it in a long time. Lots of things in life have thrown me for a loop. When I started this account I was the youngest CB7Tuner, unbeknownst to many of you. I turned 19 this year. I have matured a ton since I have started on this car and started posting on this forum. This is still my dream car and always will be, it's the car that shaped my adolescence and taught me a ton about the automotive world. I have had many other cars that have taken my priority over the CB the list follows: 90 accord coupe, 01 02 and 03 acura CL-S, 95 accord coupe, 94 93 91 and 89 chevy full size trucks, 02 accord coupe v6, 05 hemi durango, and my moms 02 odyssey. I still have 9 vehicles, and its difficult to take care of all of them, while giving special attention to just one. I havent been able to, and I feel like a piece of me is missing because of that. I have some parts stored for the CB but I need to get a bigger pile made.

So far what I want to do is :
-JDM H22A swap (i have one in my 95 accord to swap, just need a new p28, and a chip burner, I have a crome dealers license)
-ROH swap but stay 4 lug
-Rear disc swap
-Fix any rust, and respray the whole car Seattle silver metallic
-Replace the front subframe
-Replace all suspension bushings
-Get new toyo extensas or something similar
-Gut the interior, and replace the seals
-Fix the A/C
-Rebuild or replace the steering rack and P/S pump
-Replace all control arms
-Replace fuel lines and install a walbro 255lph pump
-Replace the battery with a OEM Honda battery
-Find an OEM nose mask(FULL) and flush mount spoiler and install them
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-Rebuild the F22A4
-Install delta 272 Grind cam
-Build bottom end for boost with forged low comp pistons and rods
-Make 600-700 WHP and still be streetable (hard to do I know)

Sorry if its a lot of run on nonsense, I have been sick for a while and its hard to think straight. as allways, keep on rocking and long live the CB chassis!
Old 12-11-2018, 04:52 AM   #31
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Thanks for the update! Love it more that it's lowered. You should set the cb7 on jack stands for a bit and take care of that cancer
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:43 AM   #32
mAd mOrdigan
CB7tuner Member

mAd mOrdigan is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHTHECREATOR View Post
It's been a long time since I have made a post. I have lost motivation for a lot of things, and one of those is the CB. I really want to get it right and squared away. I haven't made any progress on it in a long time. Lots of things in life have thrown me for a loop. When I started this account I was the youngest CB7Tuner, unbeknownst to many of you. I turned 19 this year. I have matured a ton since I have started on this car and started posting on this forum. This is still my dream car and always will be, it's the car that shaped my adolescence and taught me a ton about the automotive world. I have had many other cars that have taken my priority over the CB the list follows: 90 accord coupe, 01 02 and 03 acura CL-S, 95 accord coupe, 94 93 91 and 89 chevy full size trucks, 02 accord coupe v6, 05 hemi durango, and my moms 02 odyssey. I still have 9 vehicles, and its difficult to take care of all of them, while giving special attention to just one. I havent been able to, and I feel like a piece of me is missing because of that. I have some parts stored for the CB but I need to get a bigger pile made.

So far what I want to do is :
-JDM H22A swap (i have one in my 95 accord to swap, just need a new p28, and a chip burner, I have a crome dealers license)
-ROH swap but stay 4 lug
-Rear disc swap
-Fix any rust, and respray the whole car Seattle silver metallic
-Replace the front subframe
-Replace all suspension bushings
-Get new toyo extensas or something similar
-Gut the interior, and replace the seals
-Fix the A/C
-Rebuild or replace the steering rack and P/S pump
-Replace all control arms
-Replace fuel lines and install a walbro 255lph pump
-Replace the battery with a OEM Honda battery
-Find an OEM nose mask(FULL) and flush mount spoiler and install them
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-Rebuild the F22A4
-Install delta 272 Grind cam
-Build bottom end for boost with forged low comp pistons and rods
-Make 600-700 WHP and still be streetable (hard to do I know)

Sorry if its a lot of run on nonsense, I have been sick for a while and its hard to think straight. as allways, keep on rocking and long live the CB chassis!
Damn! You have just as many vehicles as me and Iím a decade and a half older than you! Lol. I feel you on it being difficult to pay special attention to one when all of them need to be taken care of. Even regular maintenance gets difficult in that many vehicles.
mAd mOrdigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: