i dont know what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont know what to do

i am thinking of trading my cb for another car ( a da) but i dont know if i want to get rid of it. it has no problems and all it needs is rust repair. please help me cause i have a week to decide. i want it but i dunno. only reasons i dont like it is cause its heavy and slow so if i keep it its gonna get swapped.
    it's been a while but i'm back!!

LMK...No hard feeling if not traded OR could buy...
    RETIRED...

Comment

sorry man i just dont know what to do. i want a da but i also love my accord. all i need is some rust repair. and i hate to back up on my word. this really sucks for me. just there is alot invested in this car. this is the first car that i got this far on in this little amount of time (8 months). if i had hair i would pull it

Comment

Go w/your gut instincts...That's all I really can say...

Like I said, can buy if so desired...
        RETIRED...

Comment

You know you're going to get a biased opinion here, Dave!

I say keep it. Of course, I've never evem been in a DA, and I know you have a history with those cars. The CB may be a bit heavy, but it's more refined... and still has plenty of potential. Swap in an H22, or boost anything else, and you wouldn't be disappointed with it. Aside from the crazy expensive B18C5, there's really nothing that can go into a DA to give it 200hp while retaining proper handling. The CB accepts the H22 with no compromise. Suspension options are quite good as well... probably on par with the DA now.

When I was searching for a car that fit my needs, it was VERY hard not to just get another CB7. I got my Volvo instead, and honestly... it's a nice car... but it's inferior to the CB7 in pretty much every way.

Comment

I agree w/Dee...

Many potentials for the cb. Me, I have my 93 and 2 pistons went out on me. Hence, replaced motor with a lil goodie inside

Anyhow, potentials are there for the cb...

Either way Dave, I'll understand whether to keep the cb or get the da...The da is not going anywhere. At least for now...
            RETIRED...

Comment

My CB has given me hell in the 4th quarter of '06, but I say you keep it. Seriously, once you dump money into a car, there's no financial point in trying to get rid of it...you might as well ride it till the wheels fall off. Keep doing little stuff to hold your interest...I'd suggest an H23 mani for starters...

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

thanks deev. my suspension is all done up already from rear disc swap down to tein ha damper. now i got to go buy some new strut bars cause i sold the ones that were on my car. i have hids for it and a whole box full of goodies to install. i just hate rust but my friend said he will replace the quarter panels for 700 both sides. i just dont like the fact that its soo damn heavy. mine weighed in at a heaping 3400 lbs.

Comment

So, I take it no need in me waxing her for ya?
                  RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by 90cb7beast
                    thanks deev. my suspension is all done up already from rear disc swap down to tein ha damper. now i got to go buy some new strut bars cause i sold the ones that were on my car. i have hids for it and a whole box full of goodies to install. i just hate rust but my friend said he will replace the quarter panels for 700 both sides. i just dont like the fact that its soo damn heavy. mine weighed in at a heaping 3400 lbs.
                    3400#???? How??? Don't you have a '90 LX 5 speed coupe? Where does the extra 700# come from...

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

probably my fat ass sitting in the car. well i weighed it with scrap metal in the trunk and me and my boy in there. my boy weighs about 200 and i weigh about 250 and there was alot of shit in the trunk

Comment

so, really it weighs like 2800 Lbs. I have an H22 in mine with full interior,no sound deadener and nothing whatsoever except bare metal in the trunk,and it weighs about 2650

Comment

ok so my car should weigh about 2800. i am gonna clean it up and see what it weighs in at then

Comment

2800 with nobody in it is about right. You can pull some stuff (AC, PS, interior) and drop 300lbs easily enough. 2500lbs puts it in full-interior Civic range, I believe.

My wife had a Civic, and I hated it. It was lightweight, handled pretty well, and was comfy enough... but it just felt like such a shitbox. Just... cheap. My CB7, even with it's obnoxious exhaust, fairly harsh suspension, no AC or PS, notchy shifter, and annoying driver's side window is MUCH better

If I ever got a small, lightweight, sporty car, it would probably be an FC or a Miata.

Comment

DA as in the 2nd gen tegs?

ive driven one and it is pretty zippy. the b16 that was swapped in was nothing special.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X