Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Koni Yellows and Tein S-Techs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koni Yellows and Tein S-Techs.

Hey Guys, been awhile since I posted. I`ve had my Tein S-Techs and Koni Yellows since early February and we finally got some decent weather to put it all on!! CoOchysCB7 and I lowered my CB7 sedan this weekend, and I couldn`t be happier with the results..So here it is before and after side shots, front shots and struts.

Front strut side by side

My Koni perches are on the "stock" setting, so it can be even lower, but as a daily driver this height is practical. The ride is excellent, very soft, like stock, maybe a lil stiffer, 10/10. Body roll has definitly decreased in the corners. I havent touched the dampening settings on the konis, they are shipped on there softest setting, and I like it. This is a daily driver and Im getting old<..lol, low and slow.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Looks good! The S-Techs give a nice ride. I have them, but on stock struts.

However I will be upgrading to F&F Type 1 coilovers over the winter.

Do you have any rims for it yet, or just rockin the steelies?

Comment

Turned out better than i thought and can still be dropped another 3/4" if need be,.. Amazing ride quality!

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        Looks good! The S-Techs give a nice ride. I have them, but on stock struts.

However I will be upgrading to F&F Type 1 coilovers over the winter.

same here!!
        Ride looks good bro
        Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

Comment

Looks good man!

Comment

Very nice... black and beautiful!

A modest drop, but it still looks great.

Nice work!

Can i ask why one of your headlight lenses has electrical tape across it?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I thnik a drop like that looks way better than 'slammed'. Looks good!

I hate that most drops have the rear look lower than the front. My own car looks like that, and I want to try to fix it. The sideskirt is parallel to the ground, so it's level... but I'd rather have the rear up a little more, to have a wheel gap similar to the front.

You should like that setup. Play with the stiffness of the shocks. A little stiffer than full soft might actually give a better ride.

Comment

Can i ask why one of your headlight lenses has electrical tape across it? [/QUOTE]

Because Racecar!

I hate that most drops have the rear look lower than the front. My own car looks like that, and I want to try to fix it. The sideskirt is parallel to the ground, so it's level... but I'd rather have the rear up a little more, to have a wheel gap similar to the front.

You should like that setup. Play with the stiffness of the shocks. A little stiffer than full soft might actually give a better ride.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks guys, I really love it, can still go up and down most drives without scraping. And yeah, mine actually sits a lil lower in ther rear, due to extra weight, big sub and box, battery, spare tire, amp rack, sound deadening. I could raise the perch in the rear, but it goes up a full inch, too much imo... maybe try messing with the stiffness of the koni`s ??

AOM->April 2014

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
                  Because Racecar!
                  Touche..

I could raise the perch in the rear, but it goes up a full inch, too much imo... maybe try messing with the stiffness of the koni`s ??
                  If everything is brand new, it still may need to "settle in" to its true ride height.

I wouldn't mess with the height until that has happened.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Can i ask why one of your headlight lenses has electrical tape across it?
                    Because Racecar!

You should like that setup. Play with the stiffness of the shocks. A little stiffer than full soft might actually give a better ride.
                    Hey thanks guys, I really love it, can still go up and down most driveways without scraping. And yeah, mine actually sits a lil lower in the rear, Well not lower like you said, its level, just the front wheel well is higher for some reason on our cars. The car needs to be raked for it to look perfect. The Teins are designed to fix that but due to extra weight, big sub and box, battery, spare tire, amp rack, sound deadening, it stayed level. I could raise the spring perch in the rear, but it goes up a full inch, too much imo... maybe try messing with the stiffness of the koni`s ?? Thanks for ur input.

AOM->April 2014

Comment

Hey thanks guys, I really love it, can still go up and down most drives without scraping. And yeah, mine actually sits a lil lower in ther rear, due to extra weight, big sub and box, battery, spare tire, amp rack, sound deadening. I could raise the perch in the rear, but it goes up a full inch, too much imo... maybe try messing with the stiffness of the koni`s ??
                      The stiffness won't change the way it sits.
                      And raising the perch an inch won't necessarily raise the car an inch. It depends how the spring compresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                        Touche..

If everything is brand new, it still may need to "settle in" to its true ride height.

I wouldn't mess with the height until that has happened.
                        That`s true, it`s all brand new... I`ll wait a few months see what happens before i make any adjustments..

AOM->April 2014

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post

LMAO!! Check the GAP on the front well...lol...I rode like this??? Holy.!.
                          So Yes, I have these, but the rubber bands on them suck arse!
                          Typical 205/40/R17, I could rock a 45 series, but even better a 50.
                          I need sidewall, im all about ride quality now, like i said, im old..lol The steelies are 205/50/R15
                          What i really need is ur rims crazymikey...lol I know all about ur score, u got good deal!! i was p.m.ing you about ur s-techs and how they rode few months back.

AOM->April 2014

Comment

Those wheels look great...and will look better with the drop.

Yeah, I like the S-Techs...perfect for the sleeper look I'm after, but a stock 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer runs circles around my car in the handling department. I'm stiffening everything up with new bushings and coilovers.

Comment

205/45/17 will be fine. 50 is too tall.

Comment

Working...
                              X