Wierd electrical issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd electrical issue.

So I'm driving my cb last night and I notice that the speedo goes off kinda like the car shut off but it was still running. When I finally pulled over I notice that is just not the speedo that's dead but so are my seatbelts, windows, and turn signals. The wierd part is everything else works fine. I've checked all fuses and the I can't think of the name of it but it's the little black box above the interior fuse panel. I've been trying to figure this out all day and I'm at a loss so any suggestions would be appreciated. TIA

^^^^CLICK IT^^^^^

Power mirrors out too? Door Lock?

Check Ground Q under the drivers seat.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Not too hi jack your thread OP.... BUT lol I have strange electrical issues going on with my 96 Accord LX, dome lights keep blowing out not just bulbs but brand new housings too plus door locks go crazy sometimes also have the electrical connector/s under drivers seat unplugged I am afraid to plug them back together any info or help at all is appreciated as I am very confused with this issue. Sorry OP and also thank yous to anyone that can help the OP or me.
      " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Power mirrors out too? Door Lock?

Check Ground Q under the drivers seat.
        Not sure about mirrors but the locks still work but I will try that

^^^^CLICK IT^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
          Not too hi jack your thread OP.... BUT lol I have strange electrical issues going on with my 96 Accord LX, dome lights keep blowing out not just bulbs but brand new housings too plus door locks go crazy sometimes also have the electrical connector/s under drivers seat unplugged I am afraid to plug them back together any info or help at all is appreciated as I am very confused with this issue. Sorry OP and also thank yous to anyone that can help the OP or me.
          Bulbs are blowing? That's not right... You can connect the bulb directly to the battery and it shouldn't blow. Where are you buying these from?

Door locks go crazy, sounds like one of the switch wires is shorting to ground.

To help both you guys out:
          Ground Q goes to the:
          Power Mirror sw
          Left front door lock actuator
          Left front door lock sw
          Power door lock control unit
          Seat belt sw
          Left front power window sw
          Left front window motor
          Right front window sw
          (Rear windows, sedan)

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I've seen similar issues when an alternator starts to go bad. You'll have power from the battery to run most critical functions but that's about it. I'd say check your alternator output and go from there, especially if everything was working fine before.

Comment

I'm actually leaning towards the alternator because my battery light is coming on with the ignition in the II position

^^^^CLICK IT^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                Bulbs are blowing? That's not right... You can connect the bulb directly to the battery and it shouldn't blow. Where are you buying these from?

Door locks go crazy, sounds like one of the switch wires is shorting to ground.

To help both you guys out:
                Ground Q goes to the:
                Power Mirror sw
                Left front door lock actuator
                Left front door lock sw
                Power door lock control unit
                Seat belt sw
                Left front power window sw
                Left front window motor
                Right front window sw
                (Rear windows, sedan)
                Re read my above post not the bulbs only but the actual housings are also going "bad" plus I can only put my passenger window down with driver side switch but I cannot move it up with driver side switch (WTH) been this way since February when I purchased car.
                " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Working...
                X