Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

LED blue dome light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED blue dome light

So i bought this LED chip off of ebay and its freakin awesome! Heres a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz1xmp8SG18

Tell me what you think! It lights up my whole tan interor and neon band aids and stickers glow!!!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Ha music was awesome! I like it, reminds me of BMW's neon dome lights. Just much more vibrant. Be careful, I'm not sure about California, but in Michigan cops don't like anything that lights up blue, inside or outside your car.

Comment

thanks man, yup its like my dads 7 series but just brighter, my dads a cop and he says just dont turn it on while driving, only when its parked I can turn it on, ( to me that means to look for cops before I turn it on while driving )

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

That bitch is BRIGHT! I sent you a friend request, shouldn't be too hard to figure out who it came from. lol I've got some video of my incars on my channel.

Comment

I agree with everyone else, that light is bright.

On the whole driving with it on thing; it might be a local law, but during a traffic stop I asked about interior and exterior neon lights. Any color is legal anywhere on the car except the headlights have to be blue or white. Also if the lights are a considered a distraction while driving or the bulb is directly visible then it's illegal. He said the only reason he'd pull someone over for neon lighting is if it was flashing or pulsing with the music.

Again it might be different depending on local laws and how strict the police in your area are. If your dad is a cop then I suspect they might not care too much about you having illegal mods to your car.
          Being normal is probably the lamest thing you can try to be

Comment

Originally posted by Kboers View Post
            I agree with everyone else, that light is bright.

On the whole driving with it on thing; it might be a local law, but during a traffic stop I asked about interior and exterior neon lights. Any color is legal anywhere on the car except the headlights have to be blue or white. Also if the lights are a considered a distraction while driving or the bulb is directly visible then it's illegal. He said the only reason he'd pull someone over for neon lighting is if it was flashing or pulsing with the music.

Again it might be different depending on local laws and how strict the police in your area are. If your dad is a cop then I suspect they might not care too much about you having illegal mods to your car.
            No offense, but you were given bad information. I asked four different officers from three different places (township, city, sheriff) about my undercars, and they all said they'd have to look it up (they're orange, but look red on asphalt) so I just went through the laws pertaining to automotive lighting when I went to green headlight bulbs. You're only allowed to have red on the back of the car, absolutely no blue anywhere on the exterior and your headlights are only allowed to be white. And that's just for Ohio.
            Some states won't let you have undercars if the bulbs are visible, some won't let you drive with the dome light on (reflections on the glass and ambient local light reduce night vision).

Comment

Haha, yes I accepted your friend request, I will look at your videos soon! The mother board for the light is white so you cant see it when you turn the switch to the off position, and its facing down more towards the back so it lights u the rears better, why did i do that? Because I have dark tinted windows that make it seem dimmer, my dad told me to pull it outside in the dark so we could see how it look far, it didn't light anything outside the car just the seats so it should be okay as long as I don't turn it on while driving....As for the different colored lights, you CANNOT do the blue leds for the license plate, that attracts way to much attention and will give you a ticket, but you can have blue reverse lights as long as they aren't HID ones, you can have different colored bulbs over here in sacramento as long as they are super bright or green. Blue, white and yellow are okay and the most common here, no one I know has gotten a ticket for that, and like I said my dads 7 series has a lot of lights and he has had blue and purple HIDs and he hasn't once got in trouble. For underbody lights, THEY ARE ILLEGAL AS F*CK, especially if they are red, white or blue, that would be considered as impersonating a cop and that would be a felony, the only time you'd be able to use it would be PARKED in a parking lot or private property and sometimes a car show. And since my dad is a cop and the car is under his name, its got confidential plates

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
                Haha, yes I accepted your friend request, I will look at your videos soon! The mother board for the light is white so you cant see it when you turn the switch to the off position, and its facing down more towards the back so it lights u the rears better, why did i do that? Because I have dark tinted windows that make it seem dimmer, my dad told me to pull it outside in the dark so we could see how it look far, it didn't light anything outside the car just the seats so it should be okay as long as I don't turn it on while driving....As for the different colored lights, you CANNOT do the blue leds for the license plate, that attracts way to much attention and will give you a ticket, but you can have blue reverse lights as long as they aren't HID ones, you can have different colored bulbs over here in sacramento as long as they are super bright or green. Blue, white and yellow are okay and the most common here, no one I know has gotten a ticket for that, and like I said my dads 7 series has a lot of lights and he has had blue and purple HIDs and he hasn't once got in trouble. For underbody lights, THEY ARE ILLEGAL AS F*CK, especially if they are red, white or blue, that would be considered as impersonating a cop and that would be a felony, the only time you'd be able to use it would be PARKED in a parking lot or private property and sometimes a car show. And since my dad is a cop and the car is under his name, its got confidential plates
                Damn, Cali has some jacked up light laws. lol

Comment

tell me about it

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Working...
                  X